• Yes.

Votes: 78 57.4%
  • IDGAF.

Votes: 12 8.8%

• Total voters

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
I am curious as to what people think on this. They have been underdogs the past few years and losing. In the past 8 years they have won only one time and got one tie also, so 6 of the last 8 were won by Europe. Will Mark Wilson and his plan make a difference? I honestly believe USA are certainly 1.5/1 dogs in this and that is being kind. I am rooting for Team USA because of pride but my wallet is betting on Europe. Our strongest team I thought possible was assembled last year and we got heisted, I bet on USA which I felt was the dream team.

Attachments

• 10731031_10152763241790115_3047686807684521871_n.jpg
    10731031_10152763241790115_3047686807684521871_n.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 596
Last edited:

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sort of...

If the US was plying team England. or Team Germany, or Team what ever we would have a better chance, but are playing Team Europe, a team that has many of the current top players to draw from. So although I cheer Team USA on , I would not bet on them. I don't think team Europe would beat a Team Philippines, let alone a Team Asia.
If we had VanBoening, Archer, Varner, Strickland, Segal and Hall in their prime and on the same team we would have a winner!

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
To win, Shane will have to get out of his Mosconi rut. He's 9-9 in singles in the Mosconi, and a similar effort just won't do. Second, we'll need at least one of our rookies to break out for a big performance.

We've definitely got a shot here.

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
I believe Bergman and Hall will surprise a lot of the doubters and make them believers. It's time for both of them to go to the next level.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This years team europe seems like an inferior team from the past few mosconi cups or is just me?

The only unknown (to me) is Gray. The other 4 are for sure top notch. I think USA has a good shot at it. Believe me....team Europe will NOT take our line up for granted, or underestimate us. We do have a pretty strong team and Europe would be fools to underestimate them. I think this will be a good show!

j_zippel

Big Tuna
Silver Member
Bergman and Hall will be a handful for any euro player. Shane is the best in the tourney on paper so why wouldn't USA have a legitimate shot. I feel Europe didn't pick their top players leaving out thorsten And Mika.

So Lenny 1.5 to 1 I'd rake those odds all day

1,2 barbecue

Blue Jam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bergman and Hall will be a handful for any euro player. Shane is the best in the tourney on paper so why wouldn't USA have a legitimate shot. I feel Europe didn't pick their top players leaving out thorsten And Mika.

So Lenny 1.5 to 1 I'd rake those odds all day

1,2 barbecue

Better "on paper" than the reigning World Champion?

I like the new US approach of picking a team, rather than a collection of individuals - but I still think EU has too much in the tank. Especially with it being in Blackpool.

USA 5/1 underdogs is a fair price.

I like the new US approach of picking a team, rather than a collection of individuals - but I still think EU has too much in the tank. Especially with it being in Blackpool.

5/1? :eek:

Blackpool can go either way. Wouldn't want to be a european struggling for confidence in front of that crowd. I think how Gray performs is crucial here - class player in gb9/euro tour, but this is different. Let's see if he can live up to his nickname.

The other deciding factor will be the break.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
I've got $50 to your $250 all day my friend if you want Europe at 5-1...

I've got $50 to your $250 all day if you want Europe as 5 to 1 favorites...:rolleyes:

Jaden

Last edited:

j_zippel

Big Tuna
Silver Member

Yeah bud...5/1? Makes perfect sense lol

1,2 barbecue

Nine ... corner

BANNED
Silver Member
I see that "Yes" is leading in the poll so far. That may well be due to patriotic pride but the real answer is I HOPE SO!! GO USA! :thumbup:

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No one thought St.Louis could beat Denver last week but they did. That's why they play the games

chelseagrinder

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Blackpool here we come!

Four friends and I are leaving Saturday to watch the Cup. We shall proudly support our team. ;)