American Hustlers new T.V. series

juspooln

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For those who do not visit the main site

American Hustlers is a new reality series that will take you on a 2100 mile ride through 10 states, 40 pool halls and countless hours of pressure packed shots on the way to the most lucrative week in high stakes under* ground pool gambling, The Derby City Classic.

The series will be executive produced by Michael Murphey, who has produced for over twenty feature films and numerous television projects, including most recently the international television hot SAF3, as well as Sony Pictures blockbuster hit "District Nine", which was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Picture. Working with Mr. Murphey will be co-producers Peyton Thomas, an experienced film actor, producer, and Professional pool player and Mickey Conway, an entertainment attorney and producer, whose recent credits include the sports film for ESPN Classic "Fifty Years at the Final Four".

Without looking guess the star of the show:D

Last edited:

taylor9ball

Registered
After reading the press release, I'm already skeptical. The lack of professionalism shown in the press release, which has numerous grammatical errors, is concerning. They didn't even bother to spell Jeanette Lee's name correctly. It may seem petty, but a professional, quality organization is going to take care to put out a professional, quality product — from the ground up.
If they are doing this to do promote pool and make it interesting and informative to the outside world, then, for God's sake, at least try to spell the names of our sport's standout professionals correctly.
If the producer can't even do that before sending a press release out, what else is he going to do half-assed?

lost

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
About the Show: AMERICAN HUSTLERS is a half-hour reality series that follows BAGGAGE BATTLES' Billy Leroy and Mark Meyer, as they travel overseas to flip items they find in flea markets, bazaars and hole-in-the-wall shops.

Hmmm.

krupa

The Dream Operator
Silver Member
After reading the press release, I'm already skeptical. The lack of professionalism shown in the press release, which has numerous grammatical errors, is concerning. They didn't even bother to spell Jeanette Lee's name correctly. It may seem petty, but a professional, quality organization is going to take care to put out a professional, quality product — from the ground up.
If they are doing this to do promote pool and make it interesting and informative to the outside world, then, for God's sake, at least try to spell the names of our sport's standout professionals correctly.
If the producer can't even do that before sending a press release out, what else is he going to do half-assed?

How do you know he didn't lose 30K to a woman named Janette? :rolleyes:

If the picture is anything to go on, I'm sure this show will highlight the classy and sophisticated side of pool hustlers. :killingme:

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
newsflash...

No one does anything to promote pool. They do it to have a successful business proposition.

It may promote pool and it may not, but hoping for a white knight with pool's best interest at heart is a fool's errand...

Jaden

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Honestly I think, if it can see airtime, could be a hit. Scooter is hilarious and a larger than life character. I wouldn't loan him my lunch money but that's what makes tv shows.

There are several reality tv shows in the works, one of which here in NYC that's green lit and sold. #staytuned

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
Did I miss it? What channel is it on?

Not on any channel yet. Like a lot of reality projects they go about making a pilot and filming some content and try to sell it to a network. If it gets greenlighted and picked up then it will be on tv. Regardless of what you think about Scooter and Tedder I'd be watching this show. I'm sure it'd make for good tv.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
especially...

Honestly I think, if it can see airtime, could be a hit. Scooter is hilarious and a larger than life character. I wouldn't loan him my lunch money but that's what makes tv shows.

There are several reality tv shows in the works, one of which here in NYC that's green lit and sold. #staytuned

Especially when you get scooter and tedder together...

Jaden

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good show or bad show. If it's about pool I'm watching it. If it's about pool it's got to be better than 98% of TV.

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
what else is he going to do half-assed?

It's television. Half-assed is above average.

No one does anything to promote pool. They do it to have a successful business proposition.

It may promote pool and it may not, but hoping for a white knight with pool's best interest at heart is a fool's errand...

Jaden

Dedicated pool players will enjoy the show as much traditional duck hunters enjoy Duck Dynasty, pawnshop owners enjoy Pawn Stars and building tradesmen enjoy any show on HGTV. The shows are hated and reviled by those in their respective industries.

But it could be good television.