Mosconi Cup USA Selection changed.

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
I'm sure in your mind you think you are right.
Did it ever occur to you that we both might be right ???

Let's replace Shane's name with Rodney's name (one of my favorite players)
does your theory still seems valid ?

I know it's asking a lot, for you to think anyone else besides yourself
could possibly be right.

History shows that Matchroom hasn't been forthcoming in the past with who
is already ineligible, you think because you make a $50 bet that will change ? lol.

I tried to be polite to you in this thread. That was a waste of my time and won't be repeated.

leto1776

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As is the case with ever MC related thread, too much overthinking and wild speculation; especially considering it's a silly exhibition with no real standing in pool rankings.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As is the case with ever MC related thread, too much overthinking and wild speculation; especially considering it's a silly exhibition with no real standing in pool rankings.

Tell that to the guys playing,, hardly think they think that and if they do they shouldn't be playing

leto1776

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tell that to the guys playing,, hardly think they think that and if they do they shouldn't be playing

They think it's important because it's a Guaranteed payday with no entry fee. Add an entry fee with no guarantee of pay, I'm sure their opinions would change lickity split.

Kris_b1104

House Pro in my own home.
Silver Member
They think it's important because it's a Guaranteed payday with no entry fee. Add an entry fee with no guarantee of pay, I'm sure their opinions would change lickity split.

Wouldn't it be LESS important if it was a guaranteed payday with no entry fee? I'm not agreeing with you, but if the payday wasn't guaranteed and only goes to the winner, then I'm sure they would take it more seriously, they have families to feed and this is their job...come on.

lost

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wouldn't it be LESS important if it was a guaranteed payday with no entry fee? I'm not agreeing with you, but if the payday wasn't guaranteed and only goes to the winner, then I'm sure they would take it more seriously, they have families to feed and this is their job...come on.

Which one's have families? U.S. players anyway. I'm just curious.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Olympic players don't get paid do you think they don't take it seriously

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think we should take every apa 9 handy cap name in a big pot and then just pull names to see who get's to go. We would have the same chance of winning (between 0 and none) and they would probably appreciate the opportunity more lol

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Good change
This is more objective and there will be less whining, less shouting with using rankings to determine . Same like Team Europe
Also lessens pressure on Team Captain so he does not use arbitrariy subjective measures

What I hope is that Barry has his ''own'' player meeting and throws down the Gauntlet on ''Behavior''. From there....he can properly threaten them as adults with fines/banishment to be implemented according to their actions.

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
it's a shame that everyone has such valid opinions of their homeboys &/or the game, while Matchroom makes their own rules, changes them at will, & doesn't cater to the US consumer.

Mosconi is a guaranteed payday @ $10/$20K, all in (expenses covered). what player, especially in this economy, wouldn't strive for that seat? (unless you've got more going-on on the side & it'd put you in the hole for that week).

Mosconi, is an investment for the players; guaranteed future $$$$$, if they "play" it right. and it's still Matchroom's ballgame.

Island Drive

Silver Member
Jose Parica

I've mentioned before, I think it would be cool to have one retired great player per side involved in ''match play''. One Snooker one pool. A couple older guys could liven things up. From that demographic, would be a large pool of talent and character, one that would improve the production. I vote for Rempe, I know he'd practice up to play....plus Jimmy Smiles allot. :thumbup:

Last edited:

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've mentioned before, I think it would be cool to have one retired great player per side involved in ''match play''. One Snooker one pool.A couple older guys could liven things up. From that demographic, would be a large pool of talent and character, one that would improve the production. I vote for Rempe, I know he'd practice up to play....plus Jimmy Smiles allot. :thumbup:

Because when I think of excitement, and living things up.

I think of old people. :D

leto1776

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
it's a shame that everyone has such valid opinions of their homeboys &/or the game, while Matchroom makes their own rules, changes them at will, & doesn't cater to the US consumer.

Mosconi is a guaranteed payday @ $10/$20K, all in (expenses covered). what player, especially in this economy, wouldn't strive for that seat? (unless you've got more going-on on the side & it'd put you in the hole for that week).

Mosconi, is an investment for the players; guaranteed future $$$$$, if they "play" it right. and it's still Matchroom's ballgame.

why would they? Outside of a few hardcore fans, no one in the U.S knows or cares what the MC is.

Island Drive

Silver Member
Because when I think of excitement, and living things up.

I think of old people. :D

Alan Hopkins still plays and.... Oliver Ortman is another. This event is Fun....Entertainment....it's not a WPA ranking event.

Palmerfan

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Better but not ideal IMO

Well it looks like Matchroom have decided to go back to rankings for 3 of the 5 USA team members and then 2 Wildcard picks. It also seems like they are going to use their own point system and rankings. DCC 9-Ball will be the first one of the points events and the rest will be announced. I guess this gives the players a reason to go to tourneys that they would not usually attend. What you guys think?

I think this is a better way to go and will eliminate some issues of players feeling they should have been picked for the team. Although I still believe in a more "Ryder Cup" format where the team is made up of more then 5 guys - I would think 7 players on each side with 4 players making it in on rankings and 3 captains picks, as well as team (pairs) play on days 1 and 2, and then singles only on day 3 with 8 points available that day and all seven players on each team must play a singles match and if the last point needs to be played then captains choose their best player to play the final singles match #8 of day 3...the only player on each side to play 2 singles matches that day to decide the winning team if necessary.