Congratulations to Justin Bergman and Sky Woodward Team USA Mosconi Cup

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
I don't think Sky played last time, but I might be wrong. Seems like I'm wrong a lot on this forum according to the multiple-identitied members, banned members posting, and trolls. :grin-square:

OOPS! You're absolutely correct...I was thinking of Hall, not Sky...my bad! :embarrassed2:

Reactions: JAM

Zphix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They might as well insert a reason why it should be Finnegan.

NOBODY gets on the Cup Team without my say so!

-Finnegan

Lol, couldn't help myself.

I want to see Bergman/Sky in the doubles. I feel like those two teamed up can beat any duo that Europe can come up with.

j_zippel

Big Tuna
Silver Member
I highly doubt that USA could have 5 points this year :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Are your other 30 posts terrible too? I don't feel like checking for myself.

Come on over to the action room, I'll take that bet and keep the window wide open! :)

railbird99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know everyone wants to root for USA, and seeing strong up and coming talent be a part of the team is inspiring, but don't let that cloud your judgement here.

I wish USA the best, and one day hopefully they can compete with Europe, but it's pretty clear that Europe is still the heavy favorite. Every single player on team Europe is an experienced champion, and could all be contenders for world championships.

Team USA has only one player at that level right now, with a couple players who have potential to get there soon, maybe. As much as I'm rooting for these young guns to do well, the reality is they aren't world class players yet. None of them have done anything on the world stage as of yet, with the exception of Shane and Corey, and Corey hasn't done much in a while. He's past his prime.

Root for them all you want, but don't ignore reality.

I think we might have a chance at Doubles this year.

The team of Boyes and Appleton is one of the best in the world, hard to beat. Along with Feijen and NVB, who are 2x world Cup of pool finalists, we will have our hands full.

But imagine the team of Mike and Corey(who beat Efren and Busty) going against them, and the team of Woodward and Bergman, who know each other's game like the back of their hands, we actually have a chance guys.

They just have to work on their singles game, that's our weakest area. Also, Shane has to step it up.

Anyways, I'll be there LIVE BABY LIVE!(shout out to Alvin) to see all the action and give a daily report!

no need for report it is streamed for free....but I am jealous you will be there!!

railbird99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think we might have a chance at Doubles this year.

The team of Boyes and Appleton is one of the best in the world, hard to beat. Along with Feijen and NVB, who are 2x world Cup of pool finalists, we will have our hands full.

But imagine the team of Mike and Corey(who beat Efren and Busty) going against them, and the team of Woodward and Bergman, who know each other's game like the back of their hands, we actually have a chance guys.

They just have to work on their singles game, that's our weakest area. Also, Shane has to step it up.

Anyways, I'll be there LIVE BABY LIVE!(shout out to Alvin) to see all the action and give a daily report!

Anyone has a chance in doubles in short races, but I'm not following your logic as to why any doubles combo on USA is even or favored against Europe.

You have players that are proven world champions in both singles and doubles on Europe, but watch out... Mike and Corey beat Efren and Busty one time, and Skyler and Bergman know each other's game, so it's in the bag!

I know everyone wants to root for USA, and seeing strong up and coming talent be a part of the team is inspiring, but don't let that cloud your judgement here.

I wish USA the best, and one day hopefully they can compete with Europe, but it's pretty clear that Europe is still the heavy favorite. Every single player on team Europe is an experienced champion, and could all be contenders for world championships.

Team USA has only one player at that level right now, with a couple players who have potential to get there soon, maybe. As much as I'm rooting for these young guns to do well, the reality is they aren't world class players yet. None of them have done anything on the world stage as of yet, with the exception of Shane and Corey, and Corey hasn't done much in a while. He's past his prime.

Root for them all you want, but don't ignore reality.

you are very wrong......bergman is at a very high level

sammylane12

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think Justin Hall should have been on this team if for no other reason than he was the only USA player who showed up last year. He really played great. I have not heard why he skipped the US Open but that probably hurt his chances. Still think he should be there.

railbird99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
you are very wrong......bergman is at a very high level

No one is saying he isn't. I watched several of his matches this year at the open. When he played in the Mosconi cup last year everyone said he was second best in the USA, and was playing really strong. He played horrible there.

The point is, no matter how good you are, until you actually win a big tournament on the world stage and prove yourself, you aren't at that level yet. Bergman has the ability to beat anyone, especially in a short race. But if you compare him to 5 proven world champions, he just isn't in contention yet.

Kris_b1104

House Pro in my own home.
Silver Member
Anyone has a chance in doubles in short races, but I'm not following your logic as to why any doubles combo on USA is even or favored against Europe.

You have players that are proven world champions in both singles and doubles on Europe, but watch out... Mike and Corey beat Efren and Busty one time, and Skyler and Bergman know each other's game, so it's in the bag!

I was referring to how Corey & Dechaine carried themselves as a unit and team. They balanced each other out and came out victorious.

So you don't think that knowing your partner's game in doubles is a huge advantage? I'm sure Bergman knows which shots Skylar prefers to leave him on the next ball, and Skylar knows where to leave Bergman for his next shot. That is the epitome of team chemistry, knowing what shots your partner prefers and is comfortable with.

I'm pretty damn sure Bergman can leave Skylar with a bank on the 9 if push comes to shove because he knows Skylar will fire it in like nothing. I'm not saying he should do this though, lol.

For a railbird, you don't seem to watch a lot of pool.

Teacherman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So.....Darren wasn't Darren during his first World Championship. Not until it was over was he Darren.

Your logic fails miserably.

railbird99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So.....Darren wasn't Darren during his first World Championship. Not until it was over was he Darren.

Your logic fails miserably.

Nobody had any reason to consider Darren to be one of the best in the world until he proved he was one of the best in the world. I don't understand your logic. You somehow know these players are world class without world class results? That's impressive.

There's countless players that play at an extremely high level, then when they hit the world stage, they are irrelevant, whether or not it's mental or they just don't play that good. They have to prove they can win tournaments at that level before you just assume they are capable.

railbird99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was referring to how Corey & Dechaine carried themselves as a unit and team. They balanced each other out and came out victorious.

So you don't think that knowing your partner's game in doubles is a huge advantage? I'm sure Bergman knows which shots Skylar prefers to leave him on the next ball, and Skylar knows where to leave Bergman for his next shot. That is the epitome of team chemistry, knowing what shots your partner prefers and is comfortable with.

I'm pretty damn sure Bergman can leave Skylar with a bank on the 9 if push comes to shove because he knows Skylar will fire it in like nothing. I'm not saying he should do this though, lol.

So the players on Europe who have won world championships in doubles together don't have the exact same advantage of knowing each other's games, on top of being proven world champions?

Where's the competitive advantage for Bergman and Sky, because I don't see it.

EDIT:

Quite the contrary, I seem to be one of the only people who have watched enough pool, and can rationally assess the situation, without emotion or bias.

Last edited:

Kris_b1104

House Pro in my own home.
Silver Member
So the players on Europe who have won world championships in doubles together don't have the exact same advantage of knowing each other's games, on top of being proven world champions?

Where's the competitive advantage for Bergman and Sky, because I don't see it.

EDIT:

Quite the contrary, I seem to be one of the only people who have watched enough pool, and can rationally assess the situation, without emotion or bias.

Yes, I mentioned that the team of Darren and Karl are world class, as well as Feijen and NVB. I didn't say the Americans have a competitive advantage, if you read what I wrote you will see that I was simply stating they have a chance, and will put up a fight this time.

Last edited:

Teacherman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nobody had any reason to consider Darren to be one of the best in the world until he proved he was one of the best in the world. .

I've pointed out where your logic fails.....miserably.

Some knew. But you/others didn't.

I guess the Mosconi Cup should be made up of the Gabe Owens and Tommy Kennedy's....by your logic.