★ Dennis Orcollo vs Shane VanBoening ★ Feb. 11th, 12th, 13th and 14th

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Al,

Just an observation, but based on the the NYC match, John had some level of control of the stream. He jumped on when ever he felt like it, would cause chaos and then go away for a few minutes. Clearly you saw all the negative feedback on the chat and AZ, but he was never stopped. This is what makes me assume he had some control of your stream. You have a great stream and have put on wonderful shows. I hope that whoever is hired you to do the Shane/Dennis stream is not allowed to hijack your product like John did.

Looking forward to the stream,
Ian

upstateAL

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ian,
Yes i saw some of the negative post here and in the chat. John is putting together these matches and I feel his enthusiasm toward the game, by letting him in the booth to express his thoughts might be overwhelming to some I apologize, but he loves the game to the core. Trying to please everyone is a hard spot to be in. If all he wants is to sit in and commentator a little while why not let him for all he is doing.

Best Regards,
UpStateAL​

cueenvy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Upstate, these guys like to hate.

They want someone to push the action , then cut him down. I don't care who his is...or how much he makes off the games.

If this goes off, will we be able to buy the stream for all 4 days on the day of the event? What will the price be? Should be same as advanced purchase price.

JE54

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So is it cancelled or not ? Hope not, but If it is, how do we get our refund for the 4 day pass ?

Last edited:

decent dennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ian,
Yes i saw some of the negative post here and in the chat. John is putting together these matches and I feel his enthusiasm toward the game, by letting him in the booth to express his thoughts might be overwhelming to some I apologize, but he loves the game to the core. Trying to please everyone is a hard spot to be in. If all he wants is to sit in and commentator a little while why not let him for all he is doing.

Best Regards,
UpStateAL​

The word "but" has screwed up a lot of things throughout history.

upstateAL

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sorry to inform everyone but the Match is 100% Cancelled !!

Cancelled poster copy.jpg

duker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This was never a legitimate gambling match. Were you in on it UpstateAl?

That was really rude to ask something like that on here, Al has too much class to get behind a shady deal like that...I can't believe you came up with this post.

pescadoman

Randy
Silver Member
Well, this sucks. Can't say I'm surprised though. Happens all the time with pool. If ESPN really did approach John, how do you think they feel now? Months of building this up, preselling the stream..... POOF!

This was the equivalent of a Mayweather fight as far as pool is concerned, except it would have been fun to watch. Unless someone gets hurt or sick, I can't think of any other "sport" where this sort of thing happens. If you don't think this was ANOTHER huge blow to pool....think again.

bicki

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jeeeze, I cant believe this!!! :angry::angry::angry::angry:

I was so looking forward to this match. even with all the banter around money and stuff. It would have been great pool anyway... this really pisses me off!!!!!

I am not totally surprised though... I had seen the Ko match too ;) I expect the refund.

btw, I just read the contract.... this explains it! :wink:

Poolnutz

Banned
Can you believe this con man John French got Dennis Orcullo to sign a contract entitling him to 50 percent of all the money Dennis makes for 10 years. That not only is from tournament winnings, but also endorsements, calcuttas etc. French is acting like he is staking these champions for big money, but basically he is using the players money to stake them. Dennis doesn't know the language well enough to sign a contract like that and probably didn't realize what he was agreeing too. John is nothing, but a fraud and con artist. The match for 100k between SVB and Dennis was cancelled. More than likely because John doesn't have that kind of money and Dennis finally woke up and realized what he agreed to when John asked him for 50 percent of his Derby winnings and Dennis didn't want to give it to him.

pescadoman

Randy
Silver Member
Can you believe this con man John French got Dennis Orcullo to sign a contract entitling him to 50 percent of all the money Dennis makes for 10 years. That not only is from tournament winnings, but also endorsements, calcuttas etc. French is acting like he is staking these champions for big money, but basically he is using the players money to stake them. Dennis doesn't know the language well enough to sign a contract like that and probably didn't realize what he was agreeing too. John is nothing, but a fraud and con artist. The match for 100k between SVB and Dennis was cancelled. More than likely because John doesn't have that kind of money and Dennis finally woke up and realized what he agreed to when John asked him for 50 percent of his Derby winnings and Dennis didn't want to give it to him.

To be quite honest, it isn't really out of line. If I'm putting up 100k and giving half to my guy, I think that is pretty good. I'm betting 100k to win 50. My guy never has to worry about entry fees? I think that's fair. I don't know what the travel and accommodation package, if any, was in there, but if I'm paying all that....well... I was part of the stake in Vegas when Warren Kiamco and Jeffrey Ignacio played Skyler and Justin. I was going to give up half. I don't see any difference.

Then there is the biggest fear of them all...getting dumped. I'm not singling anyone out, but you are a nut job if you think money never gets chopped.

If I'm getting a piece of endorsement money I'd be proactive there, but I don't know how much money these guys get from Tiger.

10 years is insane though. Maybe a year.

I honestly think the whole idea of a contract for action is insane. If I've been backing someone for awhile and we are on good terms, I'd expect some loyalty. THAT IS THE DIFFERENCE HERE AND MOST LIKELY WHAT HAPPENED. Dennis got upset with the contract and John said to heck with it.

I certainly wouldn't want to post 100k on someone who was pissed at me... Would you?

bicki

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just read the contract! Honestly, I am speechless.... Actually, I am not :) What the hell was DO thinking when he signed this???

People argue DO's English is not well enough to understand the contract... But then, he was so naively trustful to sign without knowing what terms he agrees to?? Sorry, folks, but denis is a grown man who has traveled the world for years now. There is no excuse! I am sure he would have found someone to translate the contract's content into understandable language.

Had Denis completely understood what signing this contract means for his next ten years as a pool professional, and signed it anyway, I suggest he needs to see a life coach.

Poolnutz

Banned
To be quite honest, it isn't really out of line. If I'm putting up 100k and giving half to my guy, I think that is pretty good. I'm betting 100k to win 50. My guy never has to worry about entry fees? I think that's fair. I don't know what the travel and accommodation package, if any, was in there, but if I'm paying all that....well... I was part of the stake in Vegas when Warren Kiamco and Jeffrey Ignacio played Skyler and Justin. I was going to give up half. I don't see any difference.

Then there is the biggest fear of them all...getting dumped. I'm not singling anyone out, but you are a nut job if you think money never gets chopped.

If I'm getting a piece of endorsement money I'd be proactive there, but I don't know how much money these guys get from Tiger.

10 years is insane though. Maybe a year.

I honestly think the whole idea of a contract for action is insane. If I've been backing someone for awhile and we are on good terms, I'd expect some loyalty. THAT IS THE DIFFERENCE HERE AND MOST LIKELY WHAT HAPPENED. Dennis got upset with the contract and John said to heck with it.

I certainly wouldn't want to post 100k on someone who was pissed at me... Would you?

The contract did not state that John was staking Dennis or paying any of his expenses or tournament enteries. Contract only said John gets 50 percent of all Dennis's earnings including tournaments, Calcutta, endorsements and DVD's. So according to the contract John did not have to pay any of Dennis's entry fees or traveling expenses and he still would get 50 percent. John was taking advantage of Dennis not being able to understand English very well. Dennis even stated on facebook that he did not even read the contract because he trusted John. Well John lied to Dennis and misled him.

pescadoman

Randy
Silver Member
The contract did not state that John was staking Dennis or paying any of his expenses or tournament enteries. Contract only said John gets 50 percent of all Dennis's earnings including tournaments, Calcutta, endorsements and DVD's. So according to the contract John did not have to pay any of Dennis's entry fees or traveling expenses and he still would get 50 percent. John was taking advantage of Dennis not being able to understand English very well. Dennis even stated on facebook that he did not even read the contract because he trusted John. Well John lied to Dennis and misled him.

If that is truly the case then I agree with all the bad things, present and future, that I've heard about John.

upstateAL

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Everything in paypal is in Johns wife's paypal account and yes I can tell you they are working on getting everyone a refund as I have gotten PM's on social media that some have received them yesterday.​

fishless

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Everything in paypal is in Johns wife's paypal account and yes I can tell you they are working on getting everyone a refund as I have gotten PM's on social media that some have received them yesterday.​

Hi Al, first off sorry that you were caught in the middle of this and also note I had recieved my refund through paypal.

Cheers,

murdoc23

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got my refund today. I don't really have any bad feelings about this whole thing, and it would not dissuade me ordering pool PPV in the future. Though I may wait to order a little closer to the actual event date. :)