The lack of professionalism

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
Let's end this. We are feeding the troll.

Why would you post this???

When someone has a counter opinion the default mode is to name call and sling out the "Troll" word!

Exactly what this thread is all about. Why people "Here" take the discussion to the "name calling" Why? Why? Why?

have I or anyone here been uncivil??? to warrant the label "Troll"

Post like above is where discussions go from debates and discussions to "thread wars"!

Funny that when it happens and goes that route the people "here" forget how it got to that point and take sides.

How does a simple disagreement of opinion between two people in a thread escalate to 6 or 7 against one???

Kd

philly

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Why would you post this???

When someone has a counter opinion the default mode is to name call and sling out the "Troll" word!

Exactly what this thread is all about. Why people "Here" take the discussion to the "name calling" Why? Why? Why?

have I or anyone here been uncivil??? to warrant the label "Troll"

Post like above is where discussions go from debates and discussions to "thread wars"!

Funny that when it happens and goes that route the people "here" forget how it got to that point and take sides.

How does a simple disagreement of opinion between two people in a thread escalate to 6 or 7 against one???

Kd

You obviously have no idea of who we are talking about. The man was banned for good reason. Do your research before commenting.

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How many times to we see two opposite opinions agreeing to disagree and ending the debate? If the mods close a thread some get upset. That's because grown men can't agree to diagram and end a debate. They have to apparently argue until the other person agrees with them. Which basically never happens. Not to mention and someone admitted to playing devils advocate. Why, take the other side of an opionion you don't even agree with. OH yeah so you can argue on a forum. Apparently agreeing with someone takes the fun out of it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Rick wouldn't have been nearly as damaging to the forum if there weren't so many ready, willing, and eager to play his game, IMO. His behavior is a poor excuse for ones own. Most of the threads he was in were reminiscent of my days teaching junior high school - on both sides, too often.

But too many people seem to be obsessed about someone saying something (they deem to be) wrong on the Internet and have a burning desire to correct it and force everyone to acknowledge the correction and declare them to be right. Rick was like that. But so were a lot of the folks who constantly engaged him.

It has always taken 2 to tango.

Drop The Rock

1652nd on AZ Money List
Silver Member
Rick wouldn't have been nearly as damaging to the forum if there weren't so many ready, willing, and eager to play his game, IMO. His behavior is a poor excuse for ones own. Most of the threads he was in were reminiscent of my days teaching junior high school - on both sides, too often.

But too many people seem to be obsessed about someone saying something (they deem to be) wrong on the Internet and have a burning desire to correct it and force everyone to acknowledge the correction and declare them to be right. Rick was like that. But so were a lot of the folks who constantly engaged him.

It has always taken 2 to tango.

tap tap tap

This is part of what I'm talking about. Especially when it comes to be who make a livelihood in this industry. Why shoot yourself in the foot over BS?

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Wow.... amazing the support for Rick. Must be the guys who gave him all the greenies he was always crowing about. :p

I appreciate the point of view that it takes two to tango. And that the arguments kept getting fed, which created even more drivel. Some of that type of behavior goes back further than I do with this forum.

Still, there comes a point where too much is too much. In my opinion, Rick was way beyond in the "too much" department. Many of the regulars here, some who have quite a history with the forum mods, will eventually back off, given appropriate "suggestion". And even the most combustive combinations will occasionally give in to a point of contention, or at least consider it. That wasn't possible with Rick.

And ye who defend him don't address the spam-rate that he would post at, often two-to-one more than anyone else, or even more, in a given thread.

I expect that he will return, so you don't have to feel too badly. Then we'll start this all over again.

philly

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Wow.... amazing the support for Rick. Must be the guys who gave him all the greenies he was always crowing about. :p

I appreciate the point of view that it takes two to tango. And that the arguments kept getting fed, which created even more drivel. Some of that type of behavior goes back further than I do with this forum.

Still, there comes a point where too much is too much. In my opinion, Rick was way beyond in the "too much" department. Many of the regulars here, some who have quite a history with the forum mods, will eventually back off, given appropriate "suggestion". And even the most combustive combinations will occasionally give in to a point of contention, or at least consider it. That wasn't possible with Rick.

And ye who defend him don't address the spam-rate that he would post at, often two-to-one more than anyone else, or even more, in a given thread.

I expect that he will return, so you don't have to feel too badly. Then we'll start this all over again.

He will return all charged up. You have fed the troll. We're all in for it. I would venture to say that all of his supporters on this post were not privy to his postings in real time. I really think he is off his rocker and needs help. He would argue day if you said night just so he could read the posts against him. But don't worry. Three weeks after coming back he will be banned again. Do you really think he keeps getting banned because he is a model citizen? I have a bridge that is for sale along with some land in Florida.

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
tap tap tap

This is part of what I'm talking about. Especially when it comes to be who make a livelihood in this industry. Why shoot yourself in the foot over BS?

What you call "shooting yourself in the foot", many others call "watch out for that turd in the lawn over there". It's not at all anything like stating that one's competitor is selling you a load. If you don't want to buy a product from someone because they put out a warning, well, that's your loss.

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He will return all charged up. You have fed the troll. We're all in for it. I would venture to say that all of his supporters on this post were not privy to his postings in real time. I really think he is off his rocker and needs help. He would argue day if you said night just so he could read the posts against him. But don't worry. Three weeks after coming back he will be banned again. Do you really think he keeps getting banned because he is a model citizen? I have a bridge that is for sale along with some land in Florida.

Heck, when things got slow in a thread, he would just start quoting himself.:rolleyes:

I often wondered how many real supporters he had, and how many were just pretending to support him to egg him on to watch the drama unfold. But, then yet, even hillary has supporters. Most of them don't have a clue what she really says either. ???

jburkm002

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know. I have bought a few JB cases with him in the booth. Never tried to talk to him but we like the cases. I am sure he is a great guy in person.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
I don't know. I have bought a few JB cases with him in the booth. Never tried to talk to him but we like the cases. I am sure he is a great guy in person.

It's quite likely that most of us would get along rather well in person.

Even JB and PJ, if I remember correctly.

This internet thing does make for interesting communications

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... Please enlighten me? ...
That would require that I go back and review his posts. Instead, I have a knitting needle that I think I could get all the way to the back of my skull.

No, wait, let's try a third option.... Look through all his posts yourself and let me know if you change your opinion.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
That would require that I go back and review his posts. Instead, I have a knitting needle that I think I could get all the way to the back of my skull.

No, wait, let's try a third option.... Look through all his posts yourself and let me know if you change your opinion.

However, you 'll need to block off a couple weeks time to do a thorough review of his posts, just from the last year alone....he made a few.

Per minute.

Every day.

Drop The Rock

1652nd on AZ Money List
Silver Member
What you call "shooting yourself in the foot", many others call "watch out for that turd in the lawn over there". It's not at all anything like stating that one's competitor is selling you a load. If you don't want to buy a product from someone because they put out a warning, well, that's your loss.

I think I covered a range of things actually. In general I was talking about acting like a professional as opposed to a butt hurt teenager on the internet. I'm not talking about a product warning as much as one proprietor insulting potential customers or competition. Bad mouthing a competitors product looks bad on the guy doing the bad mouthing just as much as the guy being badmouthed.

If we are using Rick as an example, arguing, insulting, or trolling him when you are also trying to promote yourself is bad for business.

Its also bad for business if you can't admit you could be even remotely wrong. If Rick was selling chalk, he'd have been broke on day 1.

If you get your business involved in private or public controversy, it looks bad.

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
It's quite likely that most of us would get along rather well in person.
Even JB and PJ, if I remember correctly.
This internet thing does make for interesting communications

That's true. Especially when you're anonimiss... anominimuss...when the others don't know who you are. Take me for example. Many of you think I'm a man in my late sixties who enjoys playing One Pocket. In reality I'm a twenty-three year old hooker with three kids and a Pitt Bull named Lucky.
One thing about JB, and PJ, they always showed more guts than a run over cat. :)

philly

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think I covered a range of things actually. In general I was talking about acting like a professional as opposed to a butt hurt teenager on the internet. I'm not talking about a product warning as much as one proprietor insulting potential customers or competition. Bad mouthing a competitors product looks bad on the guy doing the bad mouthing just as much as the guy being badmouthed.

If we are using Rick as an example, arguing, insulting, or trolling him when you are also trying to promote yourself is bad for business.

Its also bad for business if you can't admit you could be even remotely wrong. If Rick was selling chalk, he'd have been broke on day 1.

If you get your business involved in private or public controversy, it looks bad.

The gentleman you are standing up for is not a product or a business. He is an individual. If he were a product or a business many posting here are not in the market. It's that simple. I actually feel I am a gentleman in the way I conduct myself but some people just get under my skin. Ever happen to you? Do you like everybody? The problem is he would high jack a thread like no one else can. I would rather he were not around just like some people that I do not care for. Simple, but I do admire your chivalry.

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member

Now, who is being argumentative???

You come on as a "Scientist" & "Engineer" and chime in as such!

But, with so many to choose from can not provide 1 or 2 examples of Rick A.K.A. English! refusing scientific data counter to his position! Based on my read of his post history he has never been that obtuse!

But go figure! I get the above response to a simple question with so many to choose from, since his post count is so abundant it should be rather easy???

By your unwillingness to provide a link to the post or thread, It must be too hard or non-existent!

KD

philly

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Now, who is being argumentative???

You come on as a "Scientist" & "Engineer" and chime in as such!

But, with so many to choose from can not provide 1 or 2 examples of Rick A.K.A. English! refusing scientific data counter to his position! Based on my read of his post history he has never been that obtuse!

But go figure! I get the above response to a simple question with so many to choose from, since his post count is so abundant it should be rather easy???

By your unwillingness to provide a link to the post or thread, It must be too hard or non-existent!

KD

Hey wait a minute. Are you English? Who are you, really? :rolleyes: