If you don't understand CTE...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Stan - I think you misread my post. What I tried to say is that for me, when I get the 15* visual it yields the same cut angle no matter where I try it on the table. I used an analogy to a half ball hit. If I made every shot a half balll hit then the ob would travel at a 30 degree angle for every shot. What I said was that similarly, when I get the CTE 15* perception, the same thing happens. The ob goes off at the same angle no matter what (this has nothing to do with half ball hits). I am not able to make the "mystery" thing you discussed happen. I am not knocking CTE or calling it fractinoal aiming or anything like that. Please read more carefully so we can avoid arguing needlessly.

I guess none of below holds true when it comes to your posts, declaration of waiting for the book, or character:

Originally Posted by Dan White View Post

"I'll have to wait for the book."

Spiderwebcomm:

So is it safe to ASSUME that being a man of your word, sound state of mind, integrity, honesty, scrupulous behavior, professional in the world of chemical engineering...THIS WILL BE THE LAST POST ON CTE, TO STAN, TO ME, TO A CTE PROPONENT, OR OPPONENT UNTIL BOOK RELEASE, SO HELP YOU GOD?

"I'll HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE BOOK" didn't last very long. About 1 hour.

NEWSFLASH: The book isn't out yet!!

Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please submit one simple 15 category shot in diagrammed form that you consider to be a mystery.

Also, please describe what makes it a mystery.

Stan Shuffett

I don't understand.

Let me rephrase. The term "mystery" is one I intentionally used because it came from you. I did not want to be accused of being derogatory. The "mystery" shot is the basis for your Not Supposed To Be video. The "mystery" as you put it, is how you can get two different shot angles, or aim lines, on the ob with the same 15 category shot, as you clearly demonstrate.

You replied that the video was old and you now understand why the mystery exists. I asked, for the sake of ending the bickering, to reveal how and why the mystery works. You said wait for the book. I don't understand what the big deal is if you can solve a 20 year old riddle in 5 minutes then why not? If you want to sell the book for that info then I can understand that. There's no reason you shouldn't make a buck off your hard work.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
dan
as a member of azb who reads the aiming threads not always participating
watching you and stan go at it usually from a post of yours first
gets old
obviously his answers to your questions arent getting thru
and the threads get side tracked
maybe start a thread where only you and stan can "chat" and not interrupt a thread that usually is moving along fine until you come along
jmho
icbw
just sayin what i think others will agree (icbw)

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I don't understand.

Let me rephrase. The term "mystery" is one I intentionally used because it came from you. I did not want to be accused of being derogatory. The "mystery" shot is the basis for your Not Supposed To Be video. The "mystery" as you put it, is how you can get two different shot angles, or aim lines, on the ob with the same 15 category shot, as you clearly demonstrate.

You replied that the video was old and you now understand why the mystery exists. I asked, for the sake of ending the bickering, to reveal how and why the mystery works. You said wait for the book. I don't understand what the big deal is if you can solve a 20 year old riddle in 5 minutes then why not? If you want to sell the book for that info then I can understand that. There's no reason you shouldn't make a buck off your hard work.

Mr. Wilson made THIS STATEMENT to another member:

Add constructively or do not participate.

One more demand of proof will close this door.

The DOOR was CLOSED on THAT MEMBER. Why and how is Dan White able to ABUSE it with NO CONSEQUENCES for CONSTANTLY DEMANDING PROOF along with ONGOING AND CONSTANT TROLLING, HARASSING POSTS?

Last edited:

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Me too I guess. I watched Stan in 5 Youtube videos last night. He kept saying " left edge of CB to A (1/4 in on the OB I think) and center CB to edge of OB". I think these are lines we are supposed to imagine. I'm trying to see those lines but it still doesn't give me any clue where to hit the OB? I think it's something that has to be demonstrated. If Stan's videos had the video enhancements that Tor has with the computer driven image lines, etc., I might be able to see it. Can someone tell me how to set up a particular shot on the table, what lines to imagine, and explain how those lines give me an aiming point?

Well the centers and fractions of balls are identical to the ones in the other system you guys have been raving about.The difference in Pro one is you do not have to try and aim at them. You use them to position yourself to the shot and then aim at the cueball.

The problem with books is that when you close your mind to a point of view they convey you still will be unable to see it.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't understand.

I don't know WHY the mystery exists. It is and always has been. The mystery was never supposed to be brought to light but Hal ran across the darn thing during his study. . He made contact with the mystery and learned all about it., He had no one to ask questions to about it. He did not discover why we have the mystery. Hal decided to put the mystery into motion for others to ponder. I was intrigued enough with the mystery to immerse myself in --how in the heck can 2 visuals, the 15 and the 30 yield aim lines for almost every possibility of the zillion?
The best that one can do with the mystery is to understand how it unlocks CCB for solving the aim for all shots........in other words, bridge V location.

I did not ask questions either. I was not interested in questions, just figuring out how to align for making the mystery tick. You would think my work would be well-received.

Evil Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are doing fractions, not CTE. So, let me get this straight. Your study thus far for the CTE 30 only gives you half ball hits as in a fractional 30? Honestly, that's laughable. Don't even bother to respond as you answered it........You don't want to get it, not even a little. AND MARK THIS POST....YOU WILL NEVER GET IT!

Stan Shuffett

Finally, great post Stan

Maybe trying to get it from Youtube is the wrong way to start out. If it's pure mathematical, I can do.

It's not mathematical, and no you will not get it from the youtube video's. That's why he sells it on DVD. The youtube video's do what they are intended to do, support the people who actually invest in the system. Stan supports those who support Stan, as it should be.

Here is a tip for ya, the fractions do not give you an aiming point. The aiming point is the cueball, ALWAYS.

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Well the centers and fractions of balls are identical to the ones in the other system you guys have been raving about.The difference in Pro one is you do not have to try and aim at them. You use them to position yourself to the shot and then aim at the cueball.

The problem with books is that when you close your mind to a point of view they convey you still will be unable to see it.

I think everyone that thinks, researches and finally comes out with something that could help pool players ought to be commended. That goes for Brian Crist and "Poolology" and Stan Shuffett and "CTE". None of them deserve abuse on here or anywhere else.
I think CTE discussions have become so heated here that AZB is not the way to get help learning it. Now that CTE has been out for so many years, it seems there would be advocates in every city and state by now. Maybe I'll stumble into someone that can demonstrate it. Maybe percept someone percepting the perception and get him to show it to me.

Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know WHY the mystery exists. It is and always has been. The mystery was never supposed to be brought to light but Hal ran across the darn thing during his study. . He made contact with the mystery and learned all about it., He had no one to ask questions to about it. He did not discover why we have the mystery. Hal decided to put the mystery into motion for others to ponder. I was intrigued enough with the mystery to immerse myself in --how in the heck can 2 visuals, the 15 and the 30 yield aim lines for almost every possibility of the zillion?
The best that one can do with the mystery is to understand how it unlocks CCB for solving the aim for all shots........in other words, bridge V location.

I did not ask questions either. I was not interested in questions, just figuring out how to align for making the mystery tick. You would think my work would be well-received.

Evil Stan Shuffett

I don't know who is calling you evil, especially by pm. I'll stop asking about the mystery perception. I'm not sure whether you are saying that everyone has to figure it our for themselves, or if you can't or don't want to explain it before the book comes out, or what. What is clear is that it will not be explained any time soon.

Thanks for your reply.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know who is calling you evil, especially by pm. I'll stop asking about the mystery perception. I'm not sure whether you are saying that everyone has to figure it our for themselves, or if you can't or don't want to explain it before the book comes out, or what. What is clear is that it will not be explained any time soon.

Thanks for your reply.

Nope, my work precludes others from having to figure CTE out all by their lonesome. I have done all the hard work.
I will explain and my directions will be very clear. That does not mean that everyone will go to the table and one shot later they'll be CTE masters. CTE is a professional bigtime visual system. It takes work!
I will never forget Hal telling me about Efren aiming on a different plane and in a new dimension. It's true.......CTE is beautiful and I am going to tell all.
Hal was right!

Evil Stan Shuffett

Vorpal Cue

Just galumping back
Silver Member
Me too I guess. I watched Stan in 5 Youtube videos last night. He kept saying " left edge of CB to A (1/4 in on the OB I think) and center CB to edge of OB". I think these are lines we are supposed to imagine. I'm trying to see those lines but it still doesn't give me any clue where to hit the OB? I think it's something that has to be demonstrated. If Stan's videos had the video enhancements that Tor has with the computer driven image lines, etc., I might be able to see it. Can someone tell me how to set up a particular shot on the table, what lines to imagine, and explain how those lines give me an aiming point?

Dave's Pivoting Video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij38hYBti4c

Take a look at this video by spidey to clear up the pivoting questions you asked about. Using that knowledge set up straight in shots using both the A and C visuals to practice both left and right pivots. Once you have the straights figured out try some left and right cuts that are less than 15 degrees. After you get the ball rolling you can work on the 30 and 45 visuals.

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dave's Pivoting Video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij38hYBti4c

Take a look at this video by spidey to clear up the pivoting questions you asked about. Using that knowledge set up straight in shots using both the A and C visuals to practice both left and right pivots. Once you have the straights figured out try some left and right cuts that are less than 15 degrees. After you get the ball rolling you can work on the 30 and 45 visuals.

Excellent points, correctly pivoting this way makes a straight in shot. It's a good way to check your pivot.

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks for your reply.

That's the point Dan. It's not something you need to know to be adept at Pro one. Those who use Pro one and have the DVD are not asking the questions that you are. The DVD will leave you with some questions more than likely, which is why Stan puts out all the videos to explain certain things. They were never intended to be a free way to learn Pro one.

Two years ago I was struggling with major medical bills and care for my wife who was having health problems. I had to stay close by to look after her and had overwhelming medical bills to pay. That means staying home and not getting out to play pool, golf, or anything else. Luckily I do have a table at home so to get away somewhat I used my time practicing pool. I ran across Stans videos on youtube and started trying to learn Pro one. Just like you and others, there were things that just didn't make sense to me, so I started asking Stan questions in private messages. He was gracious and helpful to the point that I felt bad, and I expressed that to him and explained the financial difficulty I was under at the time and that I would surely purchase his DVD's when I could. Well, long story short, Stan sent me the DVDs, free of charge, and then thanked me, he thanked me, for my support. So I'm a bit vocal in these threads with all the rag tag you guys give him. Stan is a good guy trying to help people, and does not deserve this crap. I'll make you a deal, I'll buy the DVD's from Stan and have him ship to you,,,,,,,, all you have to do then is ask questions they don't answer.

I think that's the best way possible at this point to repay Stan's generosity.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So is it safe to ASSUME that being a man of your word, sound state of mind, integrity, honesty, scrupulous behavior, professional in the world of chemical engineering...THIS WILL BE THE LAST POST ON CTE, TO STAN, TO ME, TO A CTE PROPONENT, OR OPPONENT UNTIL BOOK RELEASE, SO HELP YOU GOD?

No it wont be his last post, when he see's an opportunity to BAIT he will do it.

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Excellent points, correctly pivoting this way makes a straight in shot. It's a good way to check your pivot.

Okay, let's see if this is correct. On the slight cut in the video, Spider is setting up with his cue on the left edge of the CB and he's aiming to send the center of the CB to the edge of the OB. Then he pivots over to place the cue in the center of the CB and fires. THAT should pocket the ball and that is the 15 degree perception.

Mr. Wilson

El Kabong
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't understand.

Buy the book then.

You're not adding to the conversation constructively at this point.

No bickering at all, you already stated that you don't understand. Let it go.

Mr. Wilson

El Kabong
Gold Member
Silver Member
Mr. Wilson made THIS STATEMENT to another member:

Add constructively or do not participate.

One more demand of proof will close this door.

The DOOR was CLOSED on THAT MEMBER. Why and how is Dan White able to ABUSE it with NO CONSEQUENCES for CONSTANTLY DEMANDING PROOF along with ONGOING AND CONSTANT TROLLING, HARASSING POSTS?

This is an inappropriate way to report a post.

You are not adding constructively to the conversation either.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Buy the book then.

You're not adding to the conversation constructively at this point.

No bickering at all, you already stated that you don't understand. Let it go.

Let me please explain. My first post was here:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=5877892&postcount=111

I asked a completely on-topic relevant question. Stan replied and we had what I believe to be perfectly cordial back and forth. In post #140, Stan asked me what makes it a mystery. That is what I meant when I said, "I don't understand." It had nothing to do with not understanding CTE. I didn't understand why Stan was asking me about the mystery when I thought it was very clear that the term HE came up with, "the mystery," had to do with visual perceptions and cut angles.

I hope you will take a few minutes to reread from post #111 to see who is posting on topic and who isn't. I have ignored a barrage of insults and mischaracterizations because I was genuinely interested in what Stan had to say about the mystery shots he showed on his video. We took the conversation as far as it could go and that was the end of it, and I said I learned what I could and was done with it in post #149. If you could find anything more on topic than what Stan and I were discussing I'd like to see it.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=5878663&postcount=149

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm new at posting on AZB and am sorry to hear about the abuse you've taken by just trying to offer something a lot of us can benefit from. Why can't people take it or just leave it without the hatred? I've certainly never written anything like that. You've always answered my PMs and I can tell you passionately believe in CTE. In fact, your passion comes through in the videos and it makes me want to learn it. I can tell you only want to share your secret. Landon says he uses it exclusively and that is proof it works. Who doesn't want to learn how to lock in on a shot and fire knowing it's going in.

Just like anything else in life, not all products are created equal.

Some work, or are understandable, or at least feel intuitive for the majority of practitioners.

Others do not work, are not understandable, or do not feel intuitive for the majority of practitioners. Doesn't matter whether it's a pool aiming system, a golf swing system, or perhaps a hitting system for baseball. Some make sense, some don't. It's that easy.

So basically what I'm saying is that you cannot proffer a blanket pass to all just because someone is trying to offer something to the community. Some deserve accolades for their contributions to the community like Bob Jewett, Dr. Dave, the late Robert Byrne, and in this specific case, Brian Crist. There are others, no doubt, but IMO you can't give a free pass to everyone.

Lou Figueroa

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Instead of keeping all posts made by a member from their join date to present, AZ has purged everything except for the last 1,000 posts.

Not so; all of a member's posts are available (except those in deleted threads or removed as offensive). Here's how to find them.

• Click on the "SEARCH" button at the top of a page, and then on "Advanced Search" in the pop-up box.

• Enter the User Name of the person whose posts you want to search.

• If you want a listing of posts without regard to keyword(s), leave the Keyword(s) box blank.

• In the SEARCH OPTIONS portion, make choices to produce what you want and click on "SEARCH NOW."

Examples:

For the member's first 1,000 posts after joining AzB, choose all the following:
- "from A Year Ago"
- "and Older"
- "Last Posting Date"
- "in Ascending Order" and
- "Posts"

For the member's most recent 1,000 posts that are at least a year old, choose as above but change to "in Descending Order".

If the member has more than 2,000 posts that are at least a year old, the above two calls will leave a gap in the middle. I do not know how to get a listing of those posts without regard to keyword(s).

For posts within the past year, you can either:
(1) change "and Older" to "and Newer" and then use either the ascending or descending choice to get the oldest 1,000 or the newest 1,000 within the past year, or
(2) change the "from A Year Ago" to one of the other date markers and get all of those posts, with the appropriate other choices.

If you search with Keyword(s), you can get responses from any posting date, including dates in the gap mentioned above for posts older than 1 year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.