If you don't understand CTE...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
@BC21

Yes, every now and then I will stand behind the object ball but I have come to discover that I do that mainly because it is a part of my routine and it helps with composure (giving me a few extra seconds to go over my cue ball route, pattern, or just to catch an extra breath). It's obvious that with CTE there's no need to do that so therefore I still consider it an old habit.

Landon

Good routine. Keep it up! :smile:

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Identical steps? Yes---But the way two spheres are viewed in varying locations, even with the same visuals, on a rectangular surface, different initial sight line alignments can and do occur. ( The SL does not change but it's orientation to right angles does)
Please refer to my NEVER SUPPOSED TO BE youtube video for more support on this topic.

In my last YouTube video for my GB race to 5, of the 38 shots total, 29 were 15s. It would be a safe bet that no two of those 15s have the exact angle for pocketing the ball.

Stan Shuffett

CTE has my interest peaked. I just wish there was someone in my area to demonstrate it. Once I heard it's mathematical to the right angles of a pool table, I think I can learn it. I never could play the guitar decently but I could show you 11 ways to make C7th up the fret board. If I don't have to become "at one with the pool table", I might be able to learn it. ;)

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I have read quite a bit of this thread. Hearing instructions on paper as to how to learn CTE is similar to my Wife giving me instructions to find something in the kitchen. It is on the left side in the cupboard next to the thing with the big white dot. Then turn around, blink, look to the right of the cupboard, then look upwards. Reach out your left hand and grab. Would someone please tell me which cupboard door to open and which is the left side of the kitchen. Videos are usually just as confusing about CTE. Center of one ball to edge of the other (Which ball is which, not said) Easy if they would explain with simple logic. Pivot the cue is not explainable to most without exact diagram never shown to me. Does the cue pivot at the bridge or move parallel to the cue ball. Maybe we dummies will get someone with the brains to explain CTE with real diagrams, not theory and confusing dialog. Not saying there is nothing to it, just that so far even most with high IQ may still wonder how.

Your life seems to be fraught with confusion and misunderstanding. It could be the outside world causing it but have you had any tests for dementia or alzheimer's to see if it's you?

In the mean time, you may want to completely forget about CTE and live happily with your wife. Eliminating CTE will make your life 50% better.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The CTE perceptions have usefulness on a 2x1. The system works on a 2x1 but not on 3x2 table with 6 pockets for example. Change the perceptions and the system faulters on a 2x1. Change a regulation table to something else and the system faulters.

I have thought about CTE every which way possible. I have answers or solutions, whatever you want to call it, to the issues that you just addressed. The explanations are such that any normal person can understand them.

Yep, thought about all that stuff and even got dizzy at times figuring out what I knew was there. I trusted Hal. He didn't let me down.

A lot of the mystery has been dissolved since that island video. That was many thousands of hours of work ago.

Stan Shuffett

@Stan: In a post above, you said, "Identical steps? Yes---But the way two spheres are viewed in varying locations, even with the same visuals, on a rectangular surface, different initial sight line alignments can and do occur. ( The SL does not change but it's orientation to right angles does)
Please refer to my NEVER SUPPOSED TO BE youtube video for more support on this topic."

Are we in agreement, then, that if it works on the world's largest apple pie, then the rectangular shape of the table is irrelevant?

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
@Stan: In a post above, you said, "Identical steps? Yes---But the way two spheres are viewed in varying locations, even with the same visuals, on a rectangular surface, different initial sight line alignments can and do occur. ( The SL does not change but it's orientation to right angles does)
Please refer to my NEVER SUPPOSED TO BE youtube video for more support on this topic."

Are we in agreement, then, that if it works on the world's largest apple pie, then the rectangular shape of the table is irrelevant?

CTE does not work on a round surface. In order for CTE to work there must be a 2x1 surface with 8 right angles. CTE is specifically for 2x1 tables with 6 correctly place pockets.

Sure, perception can be explored on a round surface in that one's perception for like visuals can lead to different alignments but then there's an obvious impasse.

CTE is about a playing surface with 15 30 and 45 degree critical angles. SEE MY YOUTUBE TABLE GEOMETRY VIDEOS.

CTE is about 3 perceptions --15 30 and 45 that connect with 90 angles. 15 30 and 45 add up to 90.

In other words, if six pockets were placed in a spaced out manner on a round surface, CTE would be worthless for that pool game. It's apples and organges but in this case it's apples and pool balls.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CTE does not work on a round surface. In order for CTE to work there must be a 2x1 surface with 8 right angles. CTE is specifically for 2x1 tables with 6 correctly place pockets.

Sure, perception can be explored on a round surface in that one's perception for like visuals can lead to different alignments but then there's an obvious impasse.

CTE is about a playing surface with 15 30 and 45 degree critical angles. SEE MY YOUTUBE TABLE GEOMETRY VIDEOS.

CTE is about 3 perceptions --15 30 and 45 that connect with 90 angles. 15 30 and 45 add up to 90.

In other works, if six pockets were placed in a spaced out manner on a round surface, CTE would be worthless for that pool game. It's apples and organges but in this case it's apples and pool balls.

Stan Shuffett

Yes, we agree that for purposes of discussion that CTE only works on a pool table. However, the discussion was more about the "mystery" which we have agreed occurs on any shape surface. It seems the only requirement for the mystery effect is to have 2 spheres on a surface (of any shape). My question is about the mystery perception. I'm suggesting that if, 3 years since the "Never Supposed To Be" video was made, you now understand how the mystery works, maybe you could explain it so the other two people in this thread who have inquired as well as myself will understand. I think you know that this one issue is probably what has caused 20 years of angry posts. If you can clear it up you should.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, we agree that for purposes of discussion that CTE only works on a pool table. However, the discussion was more about the "mystery" which we have agreed occurs on any shape surface. It seems the only requirement for the mystery effect is to have 2 spheres on a surface (of any shape). My question is about the mystery perception. I'm suggesting that if, 3 years since the "Never Supposed To Be" video was made, you now understand how the mystery works, maybe you could explain it so the other two people in this thread who have inquired as well as myself will understand. I think you know that this one issue is probably what has caused 20 years of angry posts. If you can clear it up you should.

If you are wanting to know every detail of how I arrive at my alignments at this time, as I have stated many times right here, I will release the visual aspects of CTE at about book release time.

In the meantime, DVD2 has sufficient info for pocketing balls with like visuals yielding different angles. The same can be found on YouTube.

One of the things that I am most proud of is that I just took what Hal said and figured CTE out at a table for myself. I'm no Hi IQ giant....not even close. I just fully recognized that CTE is all visual. So, I just used my vision at a table until I understood the system.

I could show the whole enchilada in less than 5 minutes!

Stan Shuffett

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member

Instead of keeping all posts made by a member from their join date to present, AZ has purged everything except for the last 1,000 posts.

In your case that was 10-4-15. I would assume with each new post made today or in the future, the 10-4-15 post and the immediate ones preceding it will also disappear. I can't even imagine how many between 2010 and 2015 have gone into outer space regarding CTE, Stan, proponents, methodology, etc. Your zeal, imagination, creativity, enthusiasm, and energy to discredit any and all of it is limitless. I only wonder what could have been if you dedicated all of those hours to something/anything positive in life instead of this negativity. Is it your goal to be the "Savior" to all of pool mankind? Is that how you rationalize it?

When I did a "Search" of your posts under your screen name from the last to first starting at 10-4-15, ALL of it was CTE related on the first five pages. That means 125 CTE related posts on 5 pages alone from back in 2015. There are 25 posts per page with 40 pages. I would say 90% or your posts are CTE related. Why, when you could care less about using it or any aiming system in it's entirety for your potting benefit?

Most of them started under the guise of, "I don't understand..."; "can you please explain..."; "how does this work when...";

Get a grip, Dan. It's NOT for you. The world doesn't need to be saved because most players can make a very quick decision on their own whether it's for them or not.

Here are those pages from 2015: http://forums.azbilliards.com/search.php?searchid=20288985&pp=25&page=40

http://forums.azbilliards.com/search.php?searchid=20288985&pp=25&page=39

http://forums.azbilliards.com/search.php?searchid=20288985&pp=25&page=38

http://forums.azbilliards.com/search.php?searchid=20288985&pp=25&page=37

http://forums.azbilliards.com/search.php?searchid=20288985&pp=25&page=36

Is it ever going to STOP?!

EDIT: I just came to realize the above links say "NO MATCHES'. Go to the "SEARCH" box on the top of the page and type in DAN WHITE in the member name section. Copy the "secret words" in the box on the left. Go down the page to the bottom and click POSTS (not threads) Go to LAST PAGE which will be Page 40 and then 39, 38, 37, 36. It's all PUBLIC INFORMATION here to begin with. I'm not giving away any secrets. You'll see for yourself how all 125 posts are CTE related and the history back to Page 1 of NEGATIVE CTE ADDICTION.

Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you are wanting to know every detail of how I arrive at my alignments at this time, as I have stated many times right here, I will release the visual aspects of CTE at about book release time.

In the meantime, DVD2 has sufficient info for pocketing balls with like visuals yielding different angles. The same can be found on YouTube.

One of the things that I am most proud of is that I just took what Hal said and figured CTE out at a table for myself. I'm no Hi IQ giant....not even close. I just fully recognized that CTE is all visual. So, I just used my vision at a table until I understood the system.

I could show the whole enchilada in less than 5 minutes!

Stan Shuffett

Well I am in the camp with the other people who cannot make the visuals work the way you do and achieve the "mystery" effect. When I do it, the 15* (or the CTE/ETA) visual yields the same cut angle no matter where the shot is on the table. It might as well be a half ball hit. No matter where the balls are a half ball hit yields about 30 degrees. Same thing with visualizing two lines at the same time instead of one.

I'll have to wait for the book.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Well I am in the camp with the other people who cannot make the visuals work the way you do and achieve the "mystery" effect. When I do it, the 15* (or the CTE/ETA) visual yields the same cut angle no matter where the shot is on the table. It might as well be a half ball hit. No matter where the balls are a half ball hit yields about 30 degrees. Same thing with visualizing two lines at the same time instead of one.

So is it safe to ASSUME that being a man of your word, sound state of mind, integrity, honesty, scrupulous behavior, professional in the world of chemical engineering...THIS WILL BE THE LAST POST ON CTE, TO STAN, TO ME, TO A CTE PROPONENT, OR OPPONENT UNTIL BOOK RELEASE, SO HELP YOU GOD?

Last edited:

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member

Me too I guess. I watched Stan in 5 Youtube videos last night. He kept saying " left edge of CB to A (1/4 in on the OB I think) and center CB to edge of OB". I think these are lines we are supposed to imagine. I'm trying to see those lines but it still doesn't give me any clue where to hit the OB? I think it's something that has to be demonstrated. If Stan's videos had the video enhancements that Tor has with the computer driven image lines, etc., I might be able to see it. Can someone tell me how to set up a particular shot on the table, what lines to imagine, and explain how those lines give me an aiming point?

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You are doing fractions, not CTE. So, let me get this straight. Your study thus far for the CTE 30 only gives you half ball hits as in a fractional 30? Honestly, that's laughable. Don't even bother to respond as you answered it........You don't want to get it, not even a little. AND MARK THIS POST....YOU WILL NEVER GET IT!

Stan Shuffett

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Me too I guess. I watched Stan in 5 Youtube videos last night. He kept saying " left edge of CB to A (1/4 in on the OB I think) and center CB to edge of OB". I think these are lines we are supposed to imagine. I'm trying to see those lines but it still doesn't give me any clue where to hit the OB? I think it's something that has to be demonstrated. If Stan's videos had the video enhancements that Tor has with the computer driven image lines, etc., I might be able to see it. Can someone tell me how to set up a particular shot on the table, what lines to imagine, and explain how those lines give me an aiming point?

You want it right now without work! It always my fault! Something I did not do or say well enough. Or how I should present like someone else.......I give up!
I should do just like Hal did and shut it all down cause very few appreciate what I am doing.
Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
You want it right now without work! It always my fault! Something I did not do or say well enough. Or how I should present like someone else.......I give up!

Stan Shuffett

Please don't give up. I can tell you have really discovered something very important and I want to understand it. Maybe trying to get it from Youtube is the wrong way to start out. If it's pure mathematical, I can do it. Is there a standard shot I can set up on my table to practice seeing the CB to A, CCB to edge lines and shoot it in?

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are doing fractions, not CTE. So, let me get this straight. Your study thus far for the CTE 30 only gives you half ball hits as in a fractional 30? Honestly, that's laughable. Don't even bother to respond as you answered it........You don't want to get it, not even a little. AND MARK THIS POST....YOU WILL NEVER GET IT!

Stan Shuffett

Stan - I think you misread my post. What I tried to say is that for me, when I get the 15* visual it yields the same cut angle no matter where I try it on the table. I used an analogy to a half ball hit. If I made every shot a half balll hit then the ob would travel at a 30 degree angle for every shot. What I said was that similarly, when I get the CTE 15* perception, the same thing happens. The ob goes off at the same angle no matter what (this has nothing to do with half ball hits). I am not able to make the "mystery" thing you discussed happen. I am not knocking CTE or calling it fractinoal aiming or anything like that. Please read more carefully so we can avoid arguing needlessly.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please don't give up. I can tell you have really discovered something very important and I want to understand it. Maybe trying to get it from Youtube is the wrong way to start out. If it's pure mathematical, I can do it. Is there a standard shot I can set up on my table to practice seeing the CB to A, CCB to edge lines and shoot it in?

Not a single person other than my wife can even remotely understand what I have gone through to figure out CTE. I don't expect anyone to give a dang about what I have had to go through. It is all on me for being in the middle of it. I wish I'd never heard of CTE......It is so sad that as much as I have tried to help others about all I get is grief.
I got an email yesterday telling me how evil I am.....

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stan - I think you misread my post. What I tried to say is that for me, when I get the 15* visual it yields the same cut angle no matter where I try it on the table. I used an analogy to a half ball hit. If I made every shot a half balll hit then the ob would travel at a 30 degree angle for every shot. What I said was that similarly, when I get the CTE 15* perception, the same thing happens. The ob goes off at the same angle no matter what (this has nothing to do with half ball hits). I am not able to make the "mystery" thing you discussed happen. I am not knocking CTE or calling it fractinoal aiming or anything like that. Please read more carefully so we can avoid arguing needlessly.

Same difference........all this time on a 15 and you still get the same cut angle every time.

I am not arguing. I am speaking the truth. Nothing to argue about.

Stan Shuffett

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
Not a single person other than my wife can even remotely understand what I have gone through to figure out CTE. I don't expect anyone to give a dang about what I have had to go through. It is all on me for being in the middle of it. I wish I'd never heard of CTE......It is so sad that as much as I have tried to help others about all I get is grief.
I got an email yesterday telling me how evil I am.....

I'm new at posting on AZB and am sorry to hear about the abuse you've taken by just trying to offer something a lot of us can benefit from. Why can't people take it or just leave it without the hatred? I've certainly never written anything like that. You've always answered my PMs and I can tell you passionately believe in CTE. In fact, your passion comes through in the videos and it makes me want to learn it. I can tell you only want to share your secret. Landon says he uses it exclusively and that is proof it works. Who doesn't want to learn how to lock in on a shot and fire knowing it's going in.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Same difference........all this time on a 15 and you still get the same cut angle every time.

I am not arguing. I am speaking the truth. Nothing to argue about.

Stan Shuffett

Have you had any students with the same problem? Surely there is a way to help someone figure out how to make the mystery shot happen if they don't see it.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have you had any students with the same problem? Surely there is a way to help someone figure out how to make the mystery shot happen if they don't see it.

Please submit one simple 15 category shot in diagrammed form that you consider to be a mystery.

Also, please describe what makes it a mystery.

Stan Shuffett

Status
Not open for further replies.