Best All Around Player=Robocop

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IMO Dennis O.is the best all around player in the world. I see a lot of tournaments that aren't filling up lately. Could some players be ducking Dennis? Johnnyt

If I'm betting my own money, I'm very comfortable with Orcollo as my horse. So methodical. When he's in the zone, he's unbeatable.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is Dennis older than Alex? I kind of thing they are both around 40? I know Alex has been on the US scene way longer, but was Dennis hidden away in the Phillpines during the late 90's early 2000's?

Edit, found it. Dennis was born in 1979, Alex in 1978.

Last edited:

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Alex isn't even in the conversation about best all around player.

Wishful thinking at best, delusional
Jason

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
its only June but this might be the worst post of the year.

What tournaments arent filling up lately? 2k entry?the pac west 10 ball was full of top pros as is the west coast swing. Whos ducking who?

Dennis is fantastic player behind svb an alex

he beat frost whom alex smoked twice and lets be honest thorpe would beat right now

SVB has drilled dennis so many times its not fair, ffor the cheese and tournament play

oh and dennis said himself on his interview before frost match that shane was the best all round player in world

Who the fluck are you...chopped liver? Johnnyt

Pangit

Banned
Maybe it was his iron-grip handshake.

That is too funny, have you ever shook hands with a Pinoy that grew up in the Philippines? Firm is not the first thing that comes to mind.

Is his surname correctly spelled Orcollo or Orcullo?

As far as his nickname goes the Cop part makes no sense. I don't think Dennis was ever a part of the PNP...had he been there would have been no need for him to play pool to make money.

Den-Den, Di-Den, Den-Dong, etc makes sense in Pinoy culture. Robocop, not so much.

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member
That is too funny, have you ever shook hands with a Pinoy that grew up in the Philippines? Firm is not the first thing that comes to mind.

Is his surname correctly spelled Orcollo or Orcullo?

As far as his nickname goes the Cop part makes no sense. I don't think Dennis was ever a part of the PNP...had he been there would have been no need for him to play pool to make money.

Den-Den, Di-Den, Den-Dong, etc makes sense in Pinoy culture. Robocop, not so much.

Yes, it was meant as a joke. Dennis is the King of fish-flop, when it comes to hand shakes.

Freddie posted an interesting article on Superman, regarding his name:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=449106

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Dennis is here now at my house resting for the next four days. He and Francisco came together last night after arriving at LAX. Francisco stays with Tony Torres and Dennis stays here.
IMO Dennis is one of the best players in the world. Like the other poster, there are at least ten guys who can win at any time. IMO Wu is the most talented of all of them. If he is playing a Rotation game against anyone I will bet on Wu.

Dennis has the respect of all the pool players. He is a fearsome competitor who plays great under pressure. He is one of the few top players who can win tournaments and is not afraid to mix it up in the back room. He doesn't care how big the bet is. He will play his best game regardless. True he has backers in the biggest money games (even Shane does), but don't think Dennis won't bet his own!

More importantly to me, Dennis Orcullo (the correct spelling. It was spelled Orcollo incorrectly on his first passport so he had to use that name) is a good man who is a very loyal friend (ask Justin or Skyler) and is genuinely concerned how you are doing. He is thrilled for me that I've found a woman I love and worries so much about my health that he brought a special tea for me to take.

I love my friend Dennis and I don't care if he ever plays another game of pool. Of course, for Dennis this is his job and he works hard at it. He comes frequently to the USA because it is near impossible for him to get a money game anymore in the Philippines. Here he can play tournaments and gamble as well. There is far more action for him here. Every time he makes money he immediately sends a good part of it home to support his family.

By the way, Dennis signed with Meucci after his contract with Tiger ran out (after six years). Bob personally made him a beautiful playing cue, a break cue and a jump cue. He loves his new cues and is playing well with them. I guess that's enough for now.

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dennis is here now at my house resting for the next four days. He and Francisco came together last night after arriving at LAX. Francisco stays with Tony Torres and Dennis stays here.
IMO Dennis is one of the best players in the world. Like the other poster, there are at least ten guys who can win at any time. IMO Wu is the most talented of all of them. If he is playing a Rotation game against anyone I will bet on Wu.

Dennis has the respect of all the pool players. He is a fearsome competitor who plays great under pressure. He is one of the few top players who can win tournaments and is not afraid to mix it up in the back room. He doesn't care how big the bet is. He will play his best game regardless. True he has backers in the biggest money games (even Shane does), but don't think Dennis won't bet his own!

More importantly to me, Dennis Orcullo (the correct spelling. It was spelled Orcollo incorrectly on his first passport so he had to use that name) is a good man who is a very loyal friend (ask Justin or Skyler) and is genuinely concerned how you are doing. He is thrilled for me that I've found a woman I love and worries so much about my health that he brought a special tea for me to take.

I love my friend Dennis and I don't care if he ever plays another game of pool. Of course, for Dennis this is his job and he works hard at it. He comes frequently to the USA because it is near impossible for him to get a money game anymore in the Philippines. Here he can play tournaments and gamble as well. There is far more action for him here. Every time he makes money he immediately sends a good part of it home to support his family.

By the way, Dennis signed with Meucci after his contract with Tiger ran out (after six years). Bob personally made him a beautiful playing cue, a break cue and a jump cue. He loves his new cues and is playing well with them. I guess that's enough for now.

Thanks Jay. It's nice hearing about what a player is like as a person. Sounds like a good dude.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member

And Orcullo is pronounced OR COOL YOU.
Not OR CO YO.
And Dennis speaks 3 dialects plus English.

Congrats on Dennis's new cue deal.

De420MadHatter

SicBiNature
Silver Member

Inquiring minds, would LOVE to know, which players game, Dennis has the most respect for. Someone mentioned him saying Shane, Bergman laughed about that claim....

Last edited: