This is interesting.

paultex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All I have to say about your entire above post while shaking my head from side to side is...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b5aW08ivHU

Mr spider sir, I joke around A LOT, but I have some serious questions and I would appreciate it if you would answer sincerely and I'm not trying to goad or trap. Please keep in mind that I am fairly normal for what it's worth and I couldn't associate and be tolerated by very serious and accomplished people in this world, if I were "normal" or typical. There's a big difference in thinking along the lines of concept, rather than conventionalism.

Obviously I aim at something, I don't close my eyes and I don't plan on it either. I think in terms of delivery and I go a step further and rationalize that perception effects delivery and just because a ball goes in a hole as a result, that event on its own is not "success", when I "aimed" center, and I see the 13 ball spin counter clockwise to it's intended destination.

I am clever enough to say "Houston, we have a MAJOR problem", because instinctively, I understand the remedy to stop that un-intention is not a simple matter associated with just a zero angle scenario. There's something very wrong with the entire "thing".

Once more, just as a last point of character, I could not make it even in the field of energy, oil and gas, if I were a moron or of a fanciful nature. I can go on and I have great stories, but that's just one segment of my life that I didn't find all too challenging but I did beat that endeavor by simply being me and a formula to win and that meant a mindset of EVERYONE is my boss and I put ego to the side. I am a very humble person but at the same time I know I'm not typical...... I operate at a higher level than most and I know it's true and if so, it should be acknowledged by one's self because knowing exactly where you stand is important.

Anybody can go into a ring and get their ass kicked, winning is something all together different and I plan on winning like I always do when I really set my mind to an endeavor. I've failed and quit before but it was always a result of something I couldn't control, like business for instance. Or like cards, where i was a pro for 5 years but finally went broke because of a bad streak that I couldn't over come with money and time. I lasted 5 years though with a bankroll that could not have sustained me initially for 5 years if I didn't play and paid rent etc etc, in fact, not enough to sustain me for 6 months for that matter, so I consider my failure a success still in that light.

So now for the questions.

Are you saying you are a screwball?

Too = Yes

But,

Too = Paultex is a screw ball.

No problem, just want a sincere answer.

Lastly,

if a person is comprised mostly of quick twitch fibers, good for sprinting, not for marathons, would that person also be at a disadvantage for pool?

I am predisposed for quick twitch but not like a sprinter, I consider myself to have "strength stamina". Back in the day, I could litterally shovel or pick for hours non stop pretty much, barring the necessary stop to chug water (have to cover my bases with you or else) but light stamina like pure cardio, forget about it.

I am considered very strong on strength charts vs my body weight. At 175lbs, I could bench press 300lbs, so I am very predisposed for leverage and power......but I don't know if this is good for pool and my video analysis if true, is not good.

I believe I can remedy this and it can be done but I'm not sure if I need to address it.

Thanks.

By the way, your twighlight zone thing was not creative, too typical, too safe. Try getting outside the box and take a chance like i do. My stuff is creative if nothing else.....but has meaningful substance and is not a simple clown show.

Imo, if a person couldn't sit through "pool.....weeeeee!", they wouldn't be able to attain a level of pro.......on average spider, spare me your minor exceptions to the rule if you planned on going there.

Any way I have the feeling you or somebody else is going to say "something" else in reference to another topic and I expect it coming I think. Has nothing to do with this discussion though as I am seeking answers.

Thanks

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Mr spider sir, I joke around A LOT, but I have some serious questions and I would appreciate it if you would answer sincerely and I'm not trying to goad or trap. Please keep in mind that I am fairly normal for what it's worth and I couldn't associate and be tolerated by very serious and accomplished people in this world, if I were "normal" or typical. There's a big difference in thinking along the lines of concept, rather than conventionalism.

Obviously I aim at something, I don't close my eyes and I don't plan on it either. I think in terms of delivery and I go a step further and rationalize that perception effects delivery and just because a ball goes in a hole as a result, that event on its own is not "success", when I "aimed" center, and I see the 13 ball spin counter clockwise to it's intended destination.

I am clever enough to say "Houston, we have a MAJOR problem", because instinctively, I understand the remedy to stop that un-intention is not a simple matter associated with just a zero angle scenario. There's something very wrong with the entire "thing".

Once more, just as a last point of character, I could not make it even in the field of energy, oil and gas, if I were a moron or of a fanciful nature. I can go on and I have great stories, but that's just one segment of my life that I didn't find all too challenging but I did beat that endeavor by simply being me and a formula to win and that meant a mindset of EVERYONE is my boss and I put ego to the side. I am a very humble person but at the same time I know I'm not typical...... I operate at a higher level than most and I know it's true and if so, it should be acknowledged by one's self because knowing exactly where you stand is important.

Anybody can go into a ring and get their ass kicked, winning is something all together different and I plan on winning like I always do when I really set my mind to an endeavor. I've failed and quit before but it was always a result of something I couldn't control, like business for instance. Or like cards, where i was a pro for 5 years but finally went broke because of a bad streak that I couldn't over come with money and time. I lasted 5 years though with a bankroll that could not have sustained me initially for 5 years if I didn't play and paid rent etc etc, in fact, not enough to sustain me for 6 months for that matter, so I consider my failure a success still in that light.

So now for the questions.

Are you saying you are a screwball?

Too = Yes

But,

Too = Paultex is a screw ball.

No problem, just want a sincere answer.

Lastly,

if a person is comprised mostly of quick twitch fibers, good for sprinting, not for marathons, would that person also be at a disadvantage for pool?

I am predisposed for quick twitch but not like a sprinter, I consider myself to have "strength stamina". Back in the day, I could litterally shovel or pick for hours non stop pretty much, barring the necessary stop to chug water (have to cover my bases with you or else) but light stamina like pure cardio, forget about it.

I am considered very strong on strength charts vs my body weight. At 175lbs, I could bench press 300lbs, so I am very predisposed for leverage and power......but I don't know if this is good for pool and my video analysis if true, is not good.

I believe I can remedy this and it can be done but I'm not sure if I need to address it.

Thanks.

By the way, your twighlight zone thing was not creative, too typical, too safe. Try getting outside the box and take a chance like i do. My stuff is creative if nothing else.....but has meaningful substance and is not a simple clown show.

Imo, if a person couldn't sit through "pool.....weeeeee!", they wouldn't be able to attain a level of pro.......on average spider, spare me your minor exceptions to the rule if you planned on going there.

Any way I have the feeling you or somebody else is going to say "something" else in reference to another topic and I expect it coming I think. Has nothing to do with this discussion though as I am seeking answers.

Thanks

WOW!! Another novel of a post.

I'm happy you think so highly of yourself. Good for you. Every morning must start off by looking in the mirror and saying, "HOW DO I LOVE ME...LET ME COUNT THE WAYS."

I think the best way I can help you now and in the future is to REMIND you of your vow to yourself which is the following:

"Have a nice day guys, I dont have a personal problem with this place, but I really got to stop posting for at least a few months. I have not been putting the proper work in and I believe "pool" is a all or nothing endeavor. Definitely my toughest challenge in life so far."

Since you don't answer my questions I won't answer yours. Nor do I wish to be your
"pen pal" here on the forum. Find another person. May I suggest Dan White. He said he enjoys your posts. I think BOTH of you have a lot in common.

I have a lot of life to live yet and won't be wasting it here with your goals.

So why don't you put those FAST TWITCH MUSCLES to good use and skedaddle over to your pool table and do what you need to do.

paultex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
WOW!! Another novel of a post.

I'm happy you think so highly of yourself. Good for you. Every morning must start off by looking in the mirror and saying, "HOW DO I LOVE ME...LET ME COUNT THE WAYS."

I think the best way I can help you now and in the future is to REMIND you of your vow to yourself which is the following:

"Have a nice day guys, I dont have a personal problem with this place, but I really got to stop posting for at least a few months. I have not been putting the proper work in and I believe "pool" is a all or nothing endeavor. Definitely my toughest challenge in life so far."

Since you don't answer my questions I won't answer yours. Nor do I wish to be your
"pen pal" here on the forum. Find another person. May I suggest Dan White. He said he enjoys your posts. I think BOTH of you have a lot in common.

I have a lot of life to live yet and won't be wasting it here with your goals.

So why don't you put those FAST TWITCH MUSCLES to good use and skedaddle over to your pool table and do what you need to do.

....and that was the "something else" sir. That was not a going away speech and youre right, i need to get to the table.

I can post, plenty and still practice enough to satisfy my expectations, thats not the problem, the problem is I lack focus or enough to separate the two and its entirely my fault, but i know a big run is coming and it happens slowly. I'm sure ill go at least a few months without posting, UNLESS, i am seeking answers.

Spider, lastly, you make statements but i make points and i back them up with analysis. Nobody has to agree with it, but just because somebody is a moron, doesnt mean he's full of it when he says your house is on fire if it truly is.

Your name is dave segal, you gave that up, i didnt ask. I have a post history here. If im not mistaken, i may have already stated my name or its not hard to figure out who i am. I personally dont care who someone is unless i want to meet them. Just because you see it differently, doesnt mean I should see it your way and why should i? You have been pretty rude imo, and I just let it all hang out and let the chips fall where they may. I make myself look stupid, but thats opinion isnt it?

I'm just me and im not easy to deal with in reality, but as i heard a great achiever once say to his now ex wife because he is hell to be around because of his ways, "no honey sweetheart, i am not too overly, people are too underlie".

He's right and I can't hold a candle to this man when it comes to will power and achievement. Does it make him a winner? Yes, but not in all departments. How can one win in all departments?

Even jesus was a hated man.

Any way, my work is done with you, you made that choice, now its settled business and i dont like messy accounts. I can now re-focus and i repeat, youre right, i need to get to work and my run will come, it always does.

ehhhh, have a whatever day sir, i dont really care. Youre not what i consider a good person but if you were ever starving in the streets, i would help you out because we have a history and it wasnt a bad experience, just unproductive.

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
I know this is a pool forum but I just gotta let some of you in on a little secret. Your never gonna be good at this game...why???? Your to smart.
Jesus Lord Almighty I've never read such things. Please dumb it down. :grin:

paultex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the more appropriate word you were looking for earlier is "crevasse," not "crevice."

hey dan buddy, does that coach app also give mph on cue delivery? Can you post a link to this app youre talking about so i can see what it entails?

By the way, what do you think of Qmd device you put on your shaft? Know anything about it?

Thanks

One Pocket John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John, go to your table and try an experiment. Let me know the results. Set up some shots from head to foot or foot to head and have the balls lined up so that if you hit center CB to center OB it would hit some place between the first diamond from the pocket and the corner pocket. Line up to do exactly that. Doesn't matter how far apart the two balls are. A straight shot can be somewhere between a couple of inches from the pocket or to the first diamond itself. Maybe beyond but that could be stretching it.

Get down on the shot and line it up straight into the rail. But if it's a cut to the right, use roll when you start your forward stroke. If it's a left cut, use tuck.

It may depend on what cue or shaft you use (LD or other), where does the OB hit and end up? Into the end rail or in the pocket?

You can also set the balls up from side rail to side rail and shoot into one of the corner pockets. What happens when you tuck or roll aiming center to center without trying for a contact point either right or left?

Hey Dave,

Lined up the balls as directed. I used a stripe for the cue ball. I switched from tuck and roll for about 50 shots. The two balls were separated by 3 diamonds.

For the most part the OB went straight to the diamond or maybe a little toward the pocket. The cue ball would strike the OB, using tuck or roll, and sit there and spin like a top.

I hope I interpreted your post correctly if not let me know. Even if I didn't I now have a new drill to shoot every day. 25 balls to the right and 25 balls to the left. Spin it like a top.

I now understand the old saying that "the cue ball is the target". :)

Side note: What I am finding out is that there are different degrees of Tuck and Roll (a little, a little more and more) and also different speeds of the stroke. I am finding that cue stick speed can be thought of as slow to slow-medium. A fast stroke is not needed when using Tuck and Roll. I'm happy with that. I'm feeling that Tuck and Roll is more of a finesse way to play the game.

Thanks

John

Last edited:

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
....and that was the "something else" sir. That was not a going away speech and youre right, i need to get to the table.

I can post, plenty and still practice enough to satisfy my expectations, thats not the problem, the problem is I lack focus or enough to separate the two and its entirely my fault, but i know a big run is coming and it happens slowly. I'm sure ill go at least a few months without posting, UNLESS, i am seeking answers.

Spider, lastly, you make statements but i make points and i back them up with analysis. Nobody has to agree with it, but just because somebody is a moron, doesnt mean he's full of it when he says your house is on fire if it truly is.

Your name is dave segal, you gave that up, i didnt ask. I have a post history here. If im not mistaken, i may have already stated my name or its not hard to figure out who i am. I personally dont care who someone is unless i want to meet them. Just because you see it differently, doesnt mean I should see it your way and why should i? You have been pretty rude imo, and I just let it all hang out and let the chips fall where they may. I make myself look stupid, but thats opinion isnt it?

I'm just me and im not easy to deal with in reality, but as i heard a great achiever once say to his now ex wife because he is hell to be around because of his ways, "no honey sweetheart, i am not too overly, people are too underlie".

He's right and I can't hold a candle to this man when it comes to will power and achievement. Does it make him a winner? Yes, but not in all departments. How can one win in all departments?

Even jesus was a hated man.

Any way, my work is done with you, you made that choice, now its settled business and i dont like messy accounts. I can now re-focus and i repeat, youre right, i need to get to work and my run will come, it always does.

ehhhh, have a whatever day sir, i dont really care. Youre not what i consider a good person but if you were ever starving in the streets, i would help you out because we have a history and it wasnt a bad experience, just unproductive.

Can you elaborate?

Why do you imply we should know who you are? Are you a previous poster?

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Can you elaborate?

He may or may not be a previous poster but the novel length posts, his know it all persona, and all the rest of it is too much a reminder of ENGLISH.

I'm not saying it is because it's not, but the similarities are something I certainly don't want to be involved with nor what this forum needs again.

He gives his story here from back in 2014: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=385835

I know what his name is but it isn't because he said it in any of his posts. Not likely to beat ANY PRO or good amateur even with 23 hours on the table every day and 1 hour of sleep.

If Donald Trump posted here, he would probably call paultex the same name he called James Comey which is the name that should come immediately to mind for all of us. It does to me!

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Hey Dave,

Lined up the balls as directed. I used a stripe for the cue ball. I switched from tuck and roll for about 50 shots. The two balls were separated by 3 diamonds.

For the most part the OB went straight to the diamond or maybe a little toward the pocket. The cue ball would strike the OB, using tuck or roll, and sit there and spin like a top.

I hope I interpreted your post correctly if not let me know. Even if I didn't I now have a new drill to shoot every day. 25 balls to the right and 25 balls to the left. Spin it like a top.

I just wanted to see what your results were and that maybe you'd discover something from it. You did.

I now understand the old saying that "the cue ball is the target". :)

Side note: What I am finding out is that there are different degrees of Tuck and Roll (a little, a little more and more) and also different speeds of the stroke. I am finding that cue stick speed can be thought of as slow to slow-medium. A fast stroke is not needed when using Tuck and Roll. I'm happy with that. I'm feeling that Tuck and Roll is more of a finesse way to play the game.

You have arrived! Now you can do things you never knew existed a short time ago and use it with ease and success.

Thanks

John

As an expansion of your experiments, see what comes out of it if you tuck or roll on the backstroke. Hold the position at the transition and then stroke.
Use the same ball setups you were using.

What happens?

All of what you found above with "a little, a little more, and more" will come into play.

After this, there are a couple of other things I'll go over.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
hey dan buddy, does that coach app also give mph on cue delivery? Can you post a link to this app youre talking about so i can see what it entails?

By the way, what do you think of Qmd device you put on your shaft? Know anything about it?

Thanks

I can't find any function in the coach's eye app that does calculations. You can mark and time stamp the beginning of the stroke, then the end when the tip strikes the CB. If you know the exact distance the tip traveled, which you can easily setup ahead of time with masking tape on the table, you can calculate your stroke speed.

Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
White makes a weak move. Dark is in a much stronger position.

Stan Shuffett

Hi Stan. You said something I found interesting and is also hard to believe. I'm not trying to trick you, I'm just curious. You said checkers is a lot harder to master than chess. It seems at first look like checkers has more variables. Is there a simple explanation as to why checkers is more difficult?

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't find any function in the coach's eye app that does calculations. You can mark and time stamp the beginning of the stroke, then the end when the tip strikes the CB. If you know the exact distance the tip traveled, which you can easily setup ahead of time with masking tape on the table, you can calculate your stroke speed.

Example: Prior to breaking, put a 10-inch (0.83 ft) strip of masking tape between your bridge hand and the CB. Stroke directly over the tape line and perform your break shot. Now, in coach's eye, you can time stamp the beginning and end if the final stroke. Let's say 0.05 sec elapses. You'd have 0.83ft/.06s = 13.83 ft/s. Multiply this by 1.467 to convert to 20.3 mph.

The only thing is the app's smallest measurement for time is in hundredths (+/- 0.01s), so your speed calculation is only accurate within about 4mph. In other words, using our 0.83ft stroke length, a 0.06s stroke time gives us 20.3 mph, but a 0.05s stroke time gives us 24.4 mph. But still pretty cool.

There is no feature on Coach's Eye for speed calculations. What Brian said is a good idea, but there is a problem with it. The resolution of the Coach's Eye recording is not that great. So when you play back a cue stick that is moving quickly, you'll get a blur. There is a workaround, however. First, record the shot in the slowest slow motion that your phone's camera has. Usually it is something like 1/8 speed. Trim that video down as short as you can make it. Now you have to open Coach's Eye and import the video. Once you have it in Coach's Eye, you now might be able to capture the motion of the cue well enough to calculate speed as Brian says. I don't think even this method will work for a break shot at something like 25 mph, though.

You can google Coach's Eye and download it for something like $5.95. I paid $20 and it was still a steal.

https://www.coachseye.com/

I didn't find the QMD very useful. It just didn't work very well so I can't recommend it. Maybe they've made some improvements, but I think I get everything I need from Coach's Eye. I might post up a sample video later if I get a chance.

Last edited:

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Stan. You said something I found interesting and is also hard to believe. I'm not trying to trick you, I'm just curious. You said checkers is a lot harder to master than chess. It seems at first look like checkers has more variables. Is there a simple explanation as to why checkers is more difficult?

When all is said and done the games are fairly equal when it comes to absolute mastery.

Mastery at checkers requires a very strong proficiency for the lines of offense and defense for all 142 openings in 3-Move Checkers which is the championship game. As I previously mentioned, it would take a motivated individual with a fairly strong mind about 10 years at 8-10 hours to become a master and then it's no guarantee. The journey to chess master status is much much shorter.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When all is said and done the games are fairly equal when it comes to absolute mastery.

Mastery at checkers requires a very strong proficiency for the lines of offense and defense for all 142 openings in 3-Move Checkers which is the championship game. As I previously mentioned, it would take a motivated individual with a fairly strong mind about 10 years at 8-10 hours a day to do so and then it's no guarantee. The journey to chess master status is much much shorter.

Stan Shuffett

I probably don't understand the game enough to get what you are saying. To me an opening is moving the first piece, and it looks like there are only 4 options of what to do. Maybe an "opening" in 3 move checkers is the first 3 moves? I'm sure I'm missing something but I take your word for it.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I probably don't understand the game enough to get what you are saying. To me an opening is moving the first piece, and it looks like there are only 4 options of what to do. Maybe an "opening" in 3 move checkers is the first 3 moves? I'm sure I'm missing something but I take your word for it.

Free Style (GO AS YOU PLEASE) is the game with a 1 move opening. The great free style players would spend a lifetime honing 1 line, always opening the same way for 70 years. They'd learn all the offense and defense for that one line........In 3 Move the players draw for their opening
( i.e. card 91 out of 142) then the game begins with those 3 predetermined moves. So, all 3 Move champion players would be well versed in 91 or they'd be cooked within minutes.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

paultex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can you elaborate?

Why do you imply "we"? I was talking to "he". But it's a public forum and I guess I could have addressed spider in a private message, but he took me out of context in public, so I have a right to defend myself.

That's why I gave a backstory to help establish my position in which im a pretty serious individual, as well as some nutty ramblings, but some could say I'm creative or eccentric or genius or an idiot.

Some could say I'm balanced but not much middle ground and that's probably true. Middle ground feels like death to me. I like extremes and I like to laugh my ass off as well as work hard and think hard.

Some can say im somebody else or speculate im somebody else and I don't care because I'm not quite sure if I have given out my name and if I didn't, then I think there is enough of a trail to find out if someone is compelled.

Say or think whatever you want because I know I put myself out there over the edge, but that's where greatness usually is and crash and burn is a usual result and perhaps I crashed this time, I really don't know, I don't feel like I did and it's not my problem if people don't understand me or get it.

I assure anyone, everything I've said about pool, even my fictitious movie, is designed to HELP and think outside the box........CONCEPTS.

It's not about me, im just a messenger of my findings through very hard work so far and my work will continue.

What I will not swallow though is being taken out of context. I think im in the right when I defend myself in any way I know how. I don't do that to others, other than paraphrasing or perhaps misquoting, but never in a negative way.

I really don't see what the problem is, other than I derailed a thread, but wtf is aiming any way? Not trying to force my will, but it is a overall subjective topic, so in essence, a set up for argument.

I rarely apologize but I will to one pocket John but I suspect he doesn't care and if so, he is right because i am trying to contribute but in my own way that I hope is not typical and once more, I know I am right in CONCEPT.

I repeat, if one does not get it, then that is not my problem and allow me to continue speaking freely in my own way. This is a forum, not a courtroom.

The book of 50 talents talks about keeping things fresh and not stail, I agree with that. I try to offer a different view and I believe someone will gain. If not, I certainly do because as Stan Shuffett said in my favorite video of his, "pull'n my hair out, try'n to figure out CTE".

Man, let me pull my hair out in peace please. "Rambling" helps me. If I can help myself, then I know I can help someone else out and i ohh so like to help people. I give all the time and ask little in return.....but I've found "little" is too much for some. Not referring to any one in this forum, I meant out there in the other world.

Forums don't really represent a true real world on the most part but it reveals a real world of how people really think, because I never encounter things in the outside world like I do in forums, but im no different in the real world, so somebody is full of shyte and I don't think it's me.

I feel good and have been focusing much better as of yesterday and made a very interesting discovery and every day is a progression now and it's really fun. The days of insane mystery are pretty much over. Stan Shuffett knows. Gawd knows how much I bugged him with my ramblings and questions. I haven't emailed him in quite a while now LOL.

Off to the tables and thank you.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
There is no feature on Coach's Eye for speed calculations. What Brian said is a good idea, but there is a problem with it. The resolution of the Coach's Eye recording is not that great. So when you play back a cue stick that is moving quickly, you'll get a blur. There is a workaround, however. First, record the shot in the slowest slow motion that your phone's camera has. Usually it is something like 1/8 speed. Trim that video down as short as you can make it. Now you have to open Coach's Eye and import the video. Once you have it in Coach's Eye, you now might be able to capture the motion of the cue well enough to calculate speed as Brian says. I don't think even this method will work for a break shot at something like 25 mph, though.

You can google Coach's Eye and download it for something like $5.95. I paid $20 and it was still a steal.

https://www.coachseye.com/

I didn't find the QMD very useful. It just didn't work very well so I can't recommend it. Maybe they've made some improvements, but I think I get everything I need from Coach's Eye. I might post up a sample video later if I get a chance.

I import high quality clips into the app from my phone, then in the app apply slow motion. It's pretty accurate visually, but the timer isn't micro enough to measure perfectly. Still can get a decent idea of break speed. Too bad the qmd isn't too helpful.

** UPDATE ** The timer in the Coach's Eye app is only accurate to the nearest 0.01 second, but the actual video time display that appears in the app as you're physically scrolling through the video frames is to the nearest 0.001 second. I recorded a break shot at 120 frames/sec, then imported the clip into coach's eye and was able to determine an average CB speed from initial acceleration to impact with the rack. From a distance of 4 feet (measured from the surface of the CB to the surface of the front ball in the rack), it took the CB 0.148 seconds from start to finish. I gave an example yesterday where I used hypothetical numbers and rushed through the simple calculations, incorrectly I should add, because I multiplied instead of divided to convert fps to mph. Anyway, the real numbers from today's break shot example are: 4ft ÷ 0.148s = 27 fps, then dividing by 1.467 gets me 18.4 mph. Of course, stroke speed would be faster than this and CB speed at rack impact would be slower than this, as 18.4 is the average speed the CB traveled from tip to rack.

Last edited: