Mosconi cup to florida

kling&allen

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I like Vegas and I like Orlando, so this change is just fine by me. I'm sure Matchroom will get a group rate for attendees at the hotel.

Is there any indication when tickets will go on sale?

Stu, I didn’t see a date announcement but Matchroom is encouraging people to sign up for ticket alerts here:

Bella Don't Cry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Las Vegas
- The Sphere
- F1
- General playground to the whole world

Orlando
- Mickey Mouse

= More footfall potential

For what many view as a Mickey Mouse tournament... But annually, very important for American Pool.

GO EUROPE... GO USA!

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Those dates are Saturday through Tuesday. I wonder if that's correct.

Rooms in Nov/Dec are higher in Orlando, but if you're on a budget and have a group that wants to go:

Within walking distance, a 3-bedroom apartment rated 9/10 for $170 a night. I'm guessing there is an optional time-share presentation.

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Those dates are Saturday through Tuesday. I wonder if that's correct.

Rooms in Nov/Dec are higher in Orlando, but if you're on a budget and have a group that wants to go:

Within walking distance, a 3-bedroom apartment rated 9/10 for $170 a night. I'm guessing there is an optional time-share presentation.
I would also look at Airbnb options in the area...

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's a real tourist-y place, so there will be plenty of places to stay, I'm sure.

I applaud Matchroom for expanding their choices of venue in Florida. I think it's a win-win.

Windows Open had a podcast with Sky and Jayson a short time ago today, and there are rumblings about maybe having the Hall of Fame banquet at the Mosconi Cup event, but, of course, it's up to Matchroom as far as whether it's feasible to do it there. Lots of the podcast attendees were saying SVB should be up for induction into this year's BCA Hall of Fame.

It's only March and we're all excited and talking about the Mosconi Cup. That's a good thing, I guess.

Rocket354

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm excited it's in Orlando, which is a closer flight for me and an area I've not visited in a while. I'm disappointed by the dates because that is the weekend right after Thanksgiving and so I'm already committed for what would be the first two days of the event.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
crowd capacity?
The convention center has 240,000 sq. feet of meeting space. I'm betting there will be at least 2000 seats.

Parking seems to be $30. Ubers might be the ticket if you are staying elsewhere.

Dining at the hotel is limited -- a steak house, a breakfast place and a couple of bars -- but there are a bunch of restaurants about a mile south -- Vietnamese, Irish, Brazilian, pizza. And an outlet mall that has some restaurants and a food court.

Last edited:

ALT_ESV

The convention center has 240,000 sq. feet of meeting space. I'm betting there will be at least 2000 seats.

Parking seems to be $30. Ubers might be the ticket if you are staying elsewhere.

Dining at the hotel is limited -- a steak house and a bar -- but there are a bunch of restaurants about a mile south -- Vietnamese, Irish, Brazilian, pizza. And an outlet mall.
On the bright side….food options will be always better than Derby City Classic.

It’s going to ruffle some peoples feathers for not being in the gambling and high spending lifestyle of Las Vegas. Some people looked forward to consistency of it being in Las Vegas. And while it’s not during thanksgiving like in 2019, it’s the day afterward. So the college football fans are going to be upset of making the decision of going to Alabama/Auburn, Georgia/Georgia Tech, Florida/Florida State….can’t please everyone.

And it’s one turn away from a Publix. So I’ll be renting a car for the weekend, grabbing great options to keep in the fridge, and then go around town at night after the Cup.

IMG_8523.jpeg

Reactions: bbb

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
As far as the daily schedule goes, assuming the same broadcast time in Europe, we are looking at a start time of 1PM and a finish of maybe 5-6, which is pretty convenient.

Reactions: bbb

SA96

If Shane wasn't offered the captaincy, that is a disgrace.

Shane is Captain America.

Matchroom have disrespected SVB.

kaznj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The post with rates says $1445 for the room. Then $377 PER NIGHT for fees. This could run $4000 for the week

ALT_ESV

The post with rates says $1445 for the room. Then $377 PER NIGHT for fees. This could run $4000 for the week
That’s my post. No, it’s $1,800 bottom line for five days for two queen beds. $377 total for the five days. Parking is NOT included in this number. Here’s it broken out.
IMG_8524.jpeg

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Matchroom have introduced Player Captains.

So Sky is Captain and playing.

It sounds like Sky was offered the captaincy before SVB.

gotcha. they have had playing captains before, nick varner was one. regarding shane, are you sure he wanted it? sky is a better mosconi player, wheras shane can be downright demoralizing