MEUCCI THE PRO SHAFT

CESSNA10

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Would like anyone's thoughts on the Meucci The Pro shaft.
Most of what I have heard is positive.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think even Meucci does. Just pulled the word out of his ass 'cause it sounded good. These shafts DO play very nice. Have not owned one but have hit a lot of balls with the 12.5 version. Best playing shaft they've ever made in my opinion.

CESSNA10

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't think even Meucci does. Just pulled the word out of his ass 'cause it sounded good. These shafts DO play very nice. Have not owned one but have hit a lot of balls with the 12.5 version. Best playing shaft they've ever made in my opinion.
Thanks for you thoughts

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just received one of these shafts in a cue purchase- I really like the way it plays- it is solid wood- not a bunch of wood glued together- which never felt right to me- no real spine in the shaft with Predator type wood shafts. The Meucci pro solid wood shaft plays as true as I can desire from a shaft.

I'm not much of a CF shaft guy either- but for pure wood shafts- this one seems hard to beat for me at least.

I personally think that the deflection stuff is all B.S. anyhow- you train your eyes to aim with any cue that you handle frequently- how the hell did guys run hundreds every day if their shafts were so deflective- it is just common sense. How is Efren the greatest player ever when most of his life he never used an LD anything?

I like the straightness, the smoothness, the taper, the tip, and the balance of these Meucci pro shafts - I just don't pay much attention to the low deflection hype- I just aim as I always do and adjust from the feedback that I get from any cue. They all play a bit different anyhow- don't they.

Cue Alchemist

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Would like anyone's thoughts on the Meucci The Pro shaft.
Most of what I have heard is positive.
I been playing with a pro series cue for about 4 months now.with a 3-8x10 pin. I like it alot. shoots very straight. I've only ever played with solid shafts, high deflection. compared with Those,

these do take some getting use to. It's hard to describe, for a 12.5 It plays stiffer.
One thing I really like about these is, the taper is excellent. Not really thick, just right. It feels like it plays Straighter, than the 12.75 or 13mm I'm normally use too. It deflects alot less. After a couple weeks though.you soon adjust.

One thing I will mention on the ferrule material, thay use.these small ferrules, pick up a lot of marks, and scratches. Because of how light waight thay are. Thay just seem to mark real easy.
Definitely, worth the money, before I brought it, I looked at the reviews. One guy described it, as having a lively hit. Which is exactly how I would put it.

Last edited:

tg_vegas

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I have several of these on my Meucci butts and like them quite a bit. IMHO they are very low deflection, have a nice feel and balance, and I like the taper. I like my 30" versions better than my 29" version. My 29" version is 12.75mm and my 30" versions are 12.25mm, which I greatly prefer.

With regards to the Meucci Carbon Fiber Pro, I'm not a huge fan, compared to the alternatives. My Revo's, Mezz, and Jacobi's all play better, for me.

I'll probably sell off that set (97-21b with a Pro and Carbon Fiber Pro.

If your looking at the wood The Pro, I wouldn't hestiate. I would recommend 30" and 12.5mm tip. Standard for them is the Ultraskin Medium, which pairs nicely with this shaft.

1sttbone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the best playing shaft ive hit. the way a pool shot should feel and accuracy a plus. after playing bobs cues since the first line of cues ,even a piloted cue the Pro shaft is the best.

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I play the Meucci The Pro shaft exclusively after playing several years with several different brands of carbon fiber shafts. I liked the CF but I was missing the feel and sound of a wood shaft. I knew about The Pro's reputation and that's what I went with, without any regrets. There's a reason why Billy Thorpe and Coey Duel prefer The Pro shafts over the Meucci Carbon pro shafts. One thing about The Pro shaft, when I started using it I got used to it after one or two racks, feeling like I have been playing with it for years. Hard to explain. You have to personally experience it.

sbrownn

Registered
I been playing with a pro series cue for about 4 months now.with a 3-8x10 pin. I like it alot. shoots very straight. I've only ever played with solid shafts, high deflection. compared with Those,

these do take some getting use to. It's hard to describe, for a 12.5 It plays stiffer.
One thing I really like about these is, the taper is excellent. Not really thick, just right. It feels like it plays Straighter, than the 12.75 or 13mm I'm normally use too. It deflects alot less. After a couple weeks though.you soon adjust.

One thing I will mention on the ferrule material, thay use.these small ferrules, pick up a lot of marks, and scratches. Because of how light waight thay are. Thay just seem to mark real easy.
Definitely, worth the money, before I brought it, I looked at the reviews. One guy described it, as having a lively hit. Which is exactly how I would put it.
thanks for the feedback, was considering one of these but it sounds like another LD shaft that requires adjustments and with those I have gone back to my original Carmeli / Pierce / Schmelke maple shafts every time.

Last edited:

sbrownn

Registered
I play the Meucci The Pro shaft exclusively after playing several years with several different brands of carbon fiber shafts. I liked the CF but I was missing the feel and sound of a wood shaft. I knew about The Pro's reputation and that's what I went with, without any regrets. There's a reason why Billy Thorpe and Coey Duel prefer The Pro shafts over the Meucci Carbon pro shafts. One thing about The Pro shaft, when I started using it I got used to it after one or two racks, feeling like I have been playing with it for years. Hard to explain. You have to personally experience it.
what has your adjustment period been with other LD (maple or CF) shafts?

Cue Alchemist

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks for the feedback, was considering one of these but it sounds like another LD shaft that requires adjustments and with those I have gone back to my original Carmeli / Pierce / Schmelke maple shafts every time.
Its basically the same as a normal shaft, but with an ultra light ferrule. If your happy using the Carmeli / Pierce / Schmelke then stick with those. There really isn't that much difference, just a lower deflection. And a longer taper than standerd.

fjk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not a LD guy either. Tried one once and didn't play well with it. To my understanding, the amount a shaft defects is always different. Even within LD shafts there's a lot of variation. To me, I didn't notice any LD difference with the Pro. It felt great and I played well with it immediately. I agree for the money, you can't go wrong. Still expensive, but not compared to shafts today.

sbrownn

Registered
I'm not a LD guy either. Tried one once and didn't play well with it. To my understanding, the amount a shaft defects is always different. Even within LD shafts there's a lot of variation. To me, I didn't notice any LD difference with the Pro. It felt great and I played well with it immediately. I agree for the money, you can't go wrong. Still expensive, but not compared to shafts today.
Interesting

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just received one of these shafts in a cue purchase- I really like the way it plays- it is solid wood- not a bunch of wood glued together- which never felt right to me- no real spine in the shaft with Predator type wood shafts. The Meucci pro solid wood shaft plays as true as I can desire from a shaft.

I'm not much of a CF shaft guy either- but for pure wood shafts- this one seems hard to beat for me at least.

I personally think that the deflection stuff is all B.S. anyhow- you train your eyes to aim with any cue that you handle frequently- how the hell did guys run hundreds every day if their shafts were so deflective- it is just common sense. How is Efren the greatest player ever when most of his life he never used an LD anything?

I like the straightness, the smoothness, the taper, the tip, and the balance of these Meucci pro shafts - I just don't pay much attention to the low deflection hype- I just aim as I always do and adjust from the feedback that I get from any cue. They all play a bit different anyhow- don't they.
Because they have skills and natural ability you and I don’t .. there is a reason we have forged clubs and cavity back in golf. Lol and you comparing yourself to them is silly.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This company has been full of shit for years lol like the red dot shaft. Where if you make sure the red dot is facing up every time you shoot you will get the least amount of deflection like they tested every shaft.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Because they have skills and natural ability you and I don’t .. there is a reason we have forged clubs and cavity back in golf. Lol and you comparing yourself to them is silly.
I started to reply to you, but now , after thinking about it , why would I bother? Opinions are just that - please don’t read too much into people’s comments- I never compared myself to any pro player! I just base my opinions on my own personal experiences -