1 cushion

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I only play the 3c and haven't met a cuesport I didn't like yet.

I'd play the shit out of some 1c but nobody else wants to do that.

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I mentioned previously I ran 20 on a pool table (I don't know how, I think I was just lucky since this is kind of difficult). I finally got to a carom table last week, and after some adjustment I was able to run 21. I was actually very surprised that practice on a pool table could translate to a carom table so quickly, and also within the same day. I am back to the pool table and I am struggling to get past 10 now lol.

I guess you can learn a lot and then translate it, unlike some people believe.

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It amazes me that the level this game was played in the 1940 s deteriorated so quickly in about 20 or 30 years, and stayed that way another 60. If someone had said he's a great player, he ran 140, they would have had a giggle fest.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
It amazes me that the level this game was played in the 1940 s deteriorated so quickly in about 20 or 30 years, and stayed that way another 60. If someone had said he's a great player, he ran 140, they would have had a giggle fest.
You clearly don’t know the difficulty of this game nor the highest level of modern play which is the highest ever been

Congrats you learned something today

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You clearly don’t know the difficulty of this game nor the highest level of modern play which is the highest ever been

Congrats you learned something today
I guess I did learn something , This game sure looks like a version of straight rail to me. Not that I have much experience with it , only heard about it and watched about 3 minutes of it. Maybe it isn't a duck , but it sure does look like a duck to me. {and probably 99% of the people who don't watch 3 cushion or any other carom games.] If it wasn't for Semih Sayginer's trick shots, I would have only watched about 5 % of what I have seen.
Thanks for explaining the game to me, and helping me to learn to appreciate it.

Last edited:

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess I did learn something , This game sure looks like a version of straight rail to me. Not that I have much experience with it , only heard about it and watched about 3 minutes of it. Maybe it isn't a duck , but it sure does look like a duck to me. {and probably 99% of the people who don't watch 3 cushion or any other carom games.] If it wasn't for Semih Sayginer's trick shots, I would have only watched about 5 % of what I have seen.
It has a lot of problems to solve and its own position stragety but no baulk lines which is nice. Similar to straight pool in a way. You learn ball behavior very well

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
its very rare when the most elite in the world at this game can run 100

it is the furthest thing from a "duck" this game

Reactions: bbb