Bell Forest Robbed at Expo. Donations Needed

sbrownn

Registered
When is the last time a golf pro at a course asked the public to replace his stolen stuff? Yes, crime everywhere, but pool related stuff is just laughable at times , even where tragic things may occur, I obviously stand by this game of pool out of passion for it, but I know that to most of my friends and family my allegiance to a sport so throughly and so often aligned with human deficiencies of one sort of another seems rather odd to them- OH well, what can I say- I love the game:)
touring / playing golf pros on any given tour get their clubs and balls for free through their sponsors and playing contracts. teaching pros and players do not. this thread deals with none of the above, as it is a manufacturer way earlier in the line. a manufacturer that is a business, that should be licensed and insured, let alone use at least a locked cash till box and not leave it unattended.

there have been multiple stories when a specific golf equipment truck was not on sight for a tournament, a playing pro player's clubs were lost and companies / people helped out by putting together a complete bag for the player in the upcoming event...

yes, pool players are an interesting group...

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
AZB has a tough crowd.

I don't think anyone will fund them.

If this place had super nice people then I would gofundme for a cue.
They raised over $10,000 mostly from cuemakers who do have a heart for a long time supplier. I do not know why I thought the main forum with its many readers would help. It seems some people have nothing better to do than always post something negative.

shooter_Hans

They raised over $10,000 mostly from cuemakers who do have a heart for a long time supplier. I do not know why I thought the main forum with its many readers would help. It seems some people have nothing better to do than always post something negative.
Well these funding campaigns aren't really that popular with people. Popular within a circle and its cool people want to help.

For strangers, its probably not a good idea.

Colonel

Raised by Wolves in a Pool Hall
Silver Member
if it’s not carbon fiber the current crowd here seems indifferent. Good on you for trying to help them.

Last edited:

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yet, a valid question remains. Why is the fundraiser for 50% more than the police report? Both say it was cash that was stolen. What are we missing?
I think Jerry was under the impression they lost $30,000 in cash and total damages/ loss.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
its just wrong to ask for people not affiliated with someone to donate money especially if its not health threatening.

plus they can write it off their taxes as a casualty loss.

people have these donate things all the time. yet few who start it tell how much they donated to the cause that interests them.

and as said it is totally wrong to ask/ beg the people here.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
how much profit did they make at the show. did it put them out of business. do you want the contributions to include their profits as well.

you do stupid things you get punished for it. not rewarded for it by those that take care of things properly.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
I mean, I'm in no financial position to help someone who leaves $20K laying in a bag in their car. If you're carrying that kind of cash, you don't leave it laying around. I wouldn't even leave $100 in a car. How can someone who handles that much money not have any kind of survival instinct?

It sucks ass for sure and I hope it doesn't impact them too much.

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
"Lotta nerve" is what I say. You go and get really stupid and me and my friends should help you out? My Mother often said, "God helps those who help themselves". This cat has some kind of nerve. He should be ashamed.

If he has any dignity or aspires to any self worth, or as my Pa would say, "he has a hair on his ass", he will donate any money he gets to a worthy party, say St. Judes. Kids with cancer is something I can get behind. Not some . . .

Last edited:

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
the post said donations needed. they must be in real financial ruins if the donations are needed and not just requested.

if it happened to me i would be extremely mad if someone set up a donation fund for me. that's begging at its worst.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seriously? WE F'n KEEP everyone of these cue makers in business every time we buy or sell a cue with their name on it. I have spent well over $50,000 in my lifetime on cues- probably double that number- and I have traded or sold many of them over the years as well- ADVERTISING the name of every cue maker that I owned a cue. Free publicity- touting their cues endlessly.
Yet now I and many others here on this site like me should feel bad about not paying off some supplier who left a huge bag of money in his truck- you just cannot be serious- if you are- then I just don't understand your logic- at all!

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The big negative is expecting others to pay for their own stupidity.

They learned their lesson the old fashioned way and those stick with you forever.

Colonel

Raised by Wolves in a Pool Hall
Silver Member
Yet, a valid question remains. Why is the fundraiser for 50% more than the police report? Both say it was cash that was stolen. What are we missing?
I don’t know what you’re missing, but what I’m missing is why someone who purports themselves to be a cue maker would be so negative about helping out a major supplier to cue makers?