Bell Forest Robbed at Expo. Donations Needed

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I am re-posting this from the Cue Makers forum. They have raise about a third of what was stolen so far.

For decades now the source of much of the finest materials available for us to build the cues you all enjoy so much has been Boone and Eric at Bell Forest Products in Michigan. They unfortunately were the victims of a robbery last week at the SBE and lost a considerable amount of money. Please consider making a donation to the site link below to help make them whole again. Without dedicated merchants like them the pool world would be a much sadder place. Your contribution of any size will be greatly appreciated.

They are members of both the American and the International Cuemakers Associations. I especially encourage all members to give at least a little. So far they have raised about a third of what was stolen. Below is a direct link to the fund raiser page.

https://givesendgo.com/Bellforestproducts

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Could you please explain where we can view official information on the "robbery" The last time that I gave money to a down and out player with "medical issues" - I never got so much as a thank you- and soon after I read that he was winning tournaments here in Florida.

I would like to understand EXACTLY what went down prior to opening my wallet again. I am sure many others would like to know the official story as well.

DeeDeeCues

Could you please explain where we can view official information on the "robbery" The last time that I gave money to a down and out player with "medical issues" - I never got so much as a thank you- and soon after I read that he was winning tournaments here in Florida.

I would like to understand EXACTLY what went down prior to opening my wallet again. I am sure many others would like to know the official story as well.

My search took a few minutes. Just look up the police blotter for the city in PA where sbe took place.

Apparently it happened in a loading zone at the end of the show, which explains why the money was in there. The report only mentions 20k in cash and air pods.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My search took a few minutes. Just look up the police blotter for the city in PA where sbe took place.

Apparently it happened in a loading zone at the end of the show, which explains why the money was in there. The report only mentions 20k in cash and air pods.
OK- I read it- so these guys supposedly left a bag with $20,000 cash inside an unattended vehicle, and you want us to pay them for such stupidity? I mean, never in my life would I leave $20,000 cash inside a vehicle unattended - are you kidding?
The police blotter makes no mention of an armed " robbery" -- it is listed as being stolen out of a vehicle- robbery is normally referred to as person to person theft.

shooter_Hans

OK- I read it- so these guys supposedly left a bag with $20,000 cash inside an unattended vehicle, and you want us to pay them for such stupidity? I mean, never in my life would I leave $20,000 cash inside a vehicle unattended - are you kidding?
The police blotter makes no mention of an armed " robbery" -- it is listed as being stolen out of a vehicle- robbery is normally referred to as person to person theft.
This is why my initial response was did they have insurance.

Now we know they left 20k in a car. LOL

This doesn't warrant a gofundme.

DeeDeeCues

Actually I don't want you to pay. I think stupidity was at play... If it wasn't an inside job.

shooter_Hans

I think that I should have made a permanent switch to golf many years ago - the pool world sinks to new lows on an annual basis. read the police report- $20,000!
I always said pool players have the bozo/scum bag gene. We try hard to hide it. We hide it from work. We hide it from our household.

Eventually it will come out at a pool hall or anything that involves pool.

We are that stupid.

sbrownn

Registered
I think that I should have made a permanent switch to golf many years ago - the pool world sinks to new lows on an annual basis. read the police report- $20,000!
golf clubs are stolen all the time. cart barns are broken into with private carts taken and the club carts taken for joy rides. cars do burn outs on the greens and fairways. this is why I carry insurance writers on my clubs and cues. there is always something...

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
golf clubs are stolen all the time. cart barns are broken into with private carts taken and the club carts taken for joy rides. cars do burn outs on the greens and fairways. this is why I carry insurance writers on my clubs and cues. there is always something...
When is the last time a golf pro at a course asked the public to replace his stolen stuff? Yes, crime everywhere, but pool related stuff is just laughable at times , even where tragic things may occur, I obviously stand by this game of pool out of passion for it, but I know that to most of my friends and family my allegiance to a sport so throughly and so often aligned with human deficiencies of one sort of another seems rather odd to them- OH well, what can I say- I love the game:)