your paying too much for cues

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
Where do I find a top of the line made and hitting playing cue for $300?
Butterfly Project $100-$150 for base Butterfly cue- Results are in, at least one blank was converting and looks badass and one review of a fully finished. Reviewer was pleased with finish and play, "as nice as' a much more expensive cue. Maybe he will comment. His recommendation convinced me to order one. Shooter08

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
you dont get top to the line for 300

but that players sneaky pete is the best constructed, well made cue out there

Fore Rail

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
you dont get top to the line for 300

but that players sneaky pete is the best constructed, well made cue out there
Thank you for the bolded portion.

There's always this cue

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member

There's always this cue

id get the players
had several, quality is unmatched

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
that is probably top of the line for the simplest of cues and will likely play as good as many or most much higher priced cues.
but suffer from appeal.

TipWilson

Bang for buck with cf. Based on excellent shaft performance. Equal to my revo 11.8.

shooter_Hans

There's always this cue

Win two weekly tournament at $100 for 1st place and money back.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
ryan theewen makes rat cues and simple ones about 400 to 500 with lots of fluff and looks and hit great and are top of the line quality.

and of course with cues you can find great ones of all kinds for half or less of new.

my two oldest are a balabuska and a bill stroud all over 50 years ago made, by them for me, for a couple hundred bucks or less.
not for sale for half of what i paid.

heater451

Registered
nitty picky on typing and grammar says a lot about someones character.

speech is only as effective as its ability to get your point across understandably all else is wasted.
If spoken, "your" and "you're" would indeed get the point across, but here it's not "speech", it's typed!

Think what you will, about my character--I just found the irony a little bit funny. :)

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
i find it funny as well. and funny it is even mentioned.

nitty and picky for someone to correct a person they dont even know for something that makes no difference at all.

oops i left out the ' in dont.
and should there be a , after oops.

i never did good in writing but did good in rithmutic.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
$300 tops when you can't even buy a CF or LD shaft for $300 makes getting a top quality cue (both but and shaft) for $300 essentially impossible.

I do not accept your premise.
a top quality cue doesnt have to have a cf or ld shaft.
and generally the very top high end cues dont come with one but a plain old maple shaft.

which is what i use, and can beat at least in my room, all of the players that play with one of those shafts but not a few of the maple shaft players.

Well
never criticized for what you pay or buy. get what you want. i do.

just said basically is that the first 100 to 300 to maybe 500 determines the play ability of the cue the rest is fluff.
how hard is that to understand without jumping on me.

this is not an intellectual forum so i try to spell out things clearly, but some still have problems understanding simply put things.
and feel they need to attack the messenger for their lack of mental acuity.
well prices have gone up. The problem is that Player sneaky some posted about plays ok. All Player cues usually play ok. It plays the same as the old Stealths played and the Valhallas and the Luckys. Those all tend to play about the same IMO. They are top of the line low end cues. Nothing bad about them. They get the job done fine.

some of us have used better cues and can tell the difference between a Viking and a Valhalla or a McDermott and a lucky though. A Viking sneaky is now $560. No inlays. Just a sneaky. Valhalla version is $100-150. There’s a reason for that price difference. I’m just using that and mention prices have gone up because I should’ve pulled the trigger on it last year when it was $460. So I’d have to say $600 for a well built cue. Some Josses go for less and they play good though too…….so a good cue can be had for $300-500 but that is probably a bit low these days for a “better quality” cue unless you buy it used or go plain Jane.

Last edited:

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i find it funny as well. and funny it is even mentioned.

nitty and picky for someone to correct a person they dont even know for something that makes no difference at all.
You have a Balabuska and a Bill Stroud which are probably north of 7500 for the pair and are trying to correct people who in your opinion are spending too much for cues?

That is some funny shiite right there.😃😄😁😆😅

8intheside

To each their own. My McDermott cost 400, and that’s about what I’m willing to pay for a cue. Just remember for those who don’t know, an exspensive cue won’t make you play better 😉

pvc lou

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
that was my point that the thick headed ones missed as usual.

a good playing cue can be very affordable. and the added craftsmanship is fluff. concerning the play ability of the cue.
I'm trying to figure out how to get the cheapest cue I can get and still afford my Doctorate of Billiards diploma from THE Billiards University :

I don't know if the cap and gown is included...so...