View Single Post
Old
  (#4)
12squared
AzB Gold Member
12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

02-17-2015, 09:06 AM

I agree that poor alignment maybe the cause of a miss, but there are several instances where a bad stroke would cause a miss, most of which is when using side spin. Here are a couple of examples I would consider reasons for a miss that was stroke related:

1) on your final stroke, you twist your wrist or do something to change the direction.
2) If you decelerate during your final stroke using sidespin causing the swerve to increase over the plan. (I call this finishing my stroke before I hit the ball).
3) you stroke slower or faster then planned (still accelerating through the stroke unlike #2) while using sidespin that changes how much swerve was planned. This could be because of pressure or whatever.

In my opinion, all of the above examples of when you can have perfect alignment, but because you deliver a poor stroke it can result in a miss.

Dave