View Single Post
Old
  (#100)
Matt
AzB Silver Member
Matt has a reputation beyond reputeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeMatt has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

02-18-2015, 11:58 AM

I have to agree with most of the posts in this thread; they are correct based on whatever qualifying assumptions or scope limitations they have stated. Some are talking about just making the object ball, some are talking about controlling the cue ball, some assume the use of BHE, some don't, etc.

To go back to the question posed in the OP, my opinion is as follows:

1) If all you are concerned with is making the object ball and you are bridging at the effective pivot point and swerve and throw are insignificant, alignment is far more important than stroke accuracy.

2) If all you are concerned with is making the object ball and are attempting a shot where you are compensating for swerve or throw, stroke accuracy is more important than it is in the first case.

3) If you are trying to make a shot while controlling the cue ball, compensating for swerve or throw, bridging somewhere other than the pivot point, shooting down on the cue ball, and pretty much any other situation besides just trying to make a ball using BHE, I would say that the accuracy of the stroke is at least as important as the alignment. That said, you can have a laser-straight stroke and still miss the object ball if you haven't lined up correctly in the first place, including any necessary compensations.

Last edited by Matt; 02-18-2015 at 12:00 PM.