If you don't understand CTE...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
YES, CTE can be explained very clearly and I have worked my tail off for years and years to do just that in my free upcoming video series and my forthcoming book.

Outta here again!

Stan Shuffett

I just watched an old Youtube video with Landon Shuffett beating Earl so badly it was hard to watch after a while. Earl can be quite the asshole. https://youtu.be/1HYQjoHjwL4?list=FLjMFtXYGo8FnxI_dOvC2dBQ
I'm wondering if Landon uses CTE exclusively. THAT would be a huge selling point if he does because he can play!

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just watched an old Youtube video with Landon Shuffett beating Earl so badly it was hard to watch after a while. Earl can be quite the asshole. https://youtu.be/1HYQjoHjwL4?list=FLjMFtXYGo8FnxI_dOvC2dBQ
I'm wondering if Landon uses CTE exclusively. THAT would be a huge selling point if he does because he can play!

Yes, Landon does use CTE exclusively and has since age12. He uses the PRO ONE visual sweep version.
Landon is aware of this particular inquiry and may respond at some point today.

Stan Shuffett

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
Yes, Landon does use CTE exclusively and has since age12. He uses the PRO ONE visual sweep version.
Landon is aware of this particular inquiry and may respond at some point today.

Stan Shuffett

Thanks for the response. THAT is more convincing to me than anything else. I can't wait to get started but everyone says "wait for your new book". I'm just sure Landon is left eye dominate as I am by the way he has the cue directly under his left eye. I don't think my old body and arthritic neck could handle his head alignment

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the response. THAT is more convincing to me than anything else. I can't wait to get started but everyone says "wait for your new book". I'm just sure Landon is left eye dominate as I am by the way he has the cue directly under his left eye. I don't think my old body and arthritic neck could handle his head alignment

Landon is severely left eye dominant and that is precisely why he uses the Pro One version as presented in DVD2. No one should ever try and match his head alignment.

Stan Shuffett

Rackattach

Banned
Stan

On DVD 2. The workbench study shows you doing literally the exact same thing twice and getting a different cue position. How is this possible? Is it because you're perceiving a different angle to the corner or what. I'm really dumbfounded on this one? If you're doing the exact same thing twice to identically placed and spaced balls shouldn't you get the same result?

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stan

On DVD 2. The workbench study shows you doing literally the exact same thing twice and getting a different cue position. How is this possible? Is it because you're perceiving a different angle to the corner or what. I'm really dumbfounded on this one? If you're doing the exact same thing twice to identically placed and spaced balls shouldn't you get the same result?

Identical steps? Yes---But the way two spheres are viewed in varying locations, even with the same visuals, on a rectangular surface, different initial sight line alignments can and do occur. ( The SL does not change but it's orientation to right angles does)
Please refer to my NEVER SUPPOSED TO BE youtube video for more support on this topic.

In my last YouTube video for my GB race to 5, of the 38 shots total, 29 were 15s. It would be a safe bet that no two of those 15s have the exact angle for pocketing the ball.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Identical steps? Yes---But the way two spheres are viewed in varying locations, even with the same visuals, on a rectangular surface, different initial sight line alignments can and do occur. ( The SL does not change but it's orientation to right angles does)
Please refer to my NEVER SUPPOSED TO BE youtube video for more support on this topic.

In my last YouTube video for my GB race to 5, of the 38 shots total, 29 were 15s. It would be a safe bet that no two of those 15s have the exact angle for pocketing the ball.

Stan Shuffett

Stan - I'm glad to see you are tackling the most puzzling aspect of CTE in the "Never supposed to be" video. I don't want to start a long frustrating back and forth, I just want to ask a question that is screaming to be answered based on your video. If it is the rectangular shape of the table or kitchen island and not the rails, etc on a pool table that makes the perception possible, what happens when you do the same demonstration on a round kitchen island?

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stan - I'm glad to see you are tackling the most puzzling aspect of CTE in the "Never supposed to be" video. I don't want to start a long frustrating back and forth, I just want to ask a question that is screaming to be answered based on your video. If it is the rectangular shape of the table or kitchen island and not the rails, etc on a pool table that makes the perception possible, what happens when you do the same demonstration on a round kitchen island?

I have no suitable round surface but my hot tub top is a combo of rectangular and oval.
I set up pararrel alignments for a 15 and a 30. I did left and right cut tests for each. The cue alignments were different as occurred per each line as on my kitchen island.

I suspect the same thing would occur on the surface of the world's largest apple pie that is made each fall in Liberty Ky during their community festival.

Stan Shuffett

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
@denwhit

Yes, I use CTE exclusively...every shot! It would be hard not to!

You are a great player! I've noticed how you often stand behind the object ball and look at the line to the pocket before you step behind the CB. Are you looking at the contact point or just getting a perspective for position play? Or does it simply help you to determine the appropriate CTE visuals needed?

Thanks.

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
@denwhit

Yes, I use CTE exclusively...every shot! It would be hard not to!

Thanks for the reply. That is a great selling point for CTE. Loved watching you hammer Earl on the bigfoot table two years ago. Couldn't happen to a "nicer" guy. I'm always surprised someone hasn't rearranged his nose. ha

Last edited:

bobalouiecda

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cte?

I have read quite a bit of this thread. Hearing instructions on paper as to how to learn CTE is similar to my Wife giving me instructions to find something in the kitchen. It is on the left side in the cupboard next to the thing with the big white dot. Then turn around, blink, look to the right of the cupboard, then look upwards. Reach out your left hand and grab. Would someone please tell me which cupboard door to open and which is the left side of the kitchen. Videos are usually just as confusing about CTE. Center of one ball to edge of the other (Which ball is which, not said) Easy if they would explain with simple logic. Pivot the cue is not explainable to most without exact diagram never shown to me. Does the cue pivot at the bridge or move parallel to the cue ball. Maybe we dummies will get someone with the brains to explain CTE with real diagrams, not theory and confusing dialog. Not saying there is nothing to it, just that so far even most with high IQ may still wonder how.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have no suitable round surface but my hot tub top is a combo of rectangular and oval.
I set up pararrel alignments for a 15 and a 30. I did left and right cut tests for each. The cue alignments were different as occurred per each line as on my kitchen island.

I suspect the same thing would occur on the surface of the world's largest apple pie that is made each fall in Liberty Ky during their community festival.

Stan Shuffett

I'm going to use the word "mystery" to refer to the ability to cut the ob to different angles with the same perception. I use that word because you used it in the video and I don't want to call it something derogatory.

It seems then that the 2:1 shape of the pool table is not responsible for the mystery, nor is there anything useful about the pool table in allowing the mystery to occur. It sounds like having two spheres on a flat surface is all that is needed. I'm willing to accept that the CTE procedure can lead the ob to a corner or side pocket because of the dimensions of the pool table. In other words, you can't cut holes in your kitchen island and expect the system to work.

In order to achieve different angles through the mystery you will necessarily have to position your body in a different place relative to the balls as you do in the video. Also, it appears that you pivot the cue a greater amount in the second shot compared to the first shot. This, it would seem, would have a lot to do with why the cue is pointing to the edge of the ob. You are pivoting more. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with doing so, but if someone is going to try and figure out why the mystery exists, I think these would be useful observations.

Are any of these observations things you have given thought to?

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm going to use the word "mystery" to refer to the ability to cut the ob to different angles with the same perception. I use that word because you used it in the video and I don't want to call it something derogatory.

It seems then that the 2:1 shape of the pool table is not responsible for the mystery, nor is there anything useful about the pool table in allowing the mystery to occur. It sounds like having two spheres on a flat surface is all that is needed. I'm willing to accept that the CTE procedure can lead the ob to a corner or side pocket because of the dimensions of the pool table. In other words, you can't cut holes in your kitchen island and expect the system to work.

In order to achieve different angles through the mystery you will necessarily have to position your body in a different place relative to the balls as you do in the video. Also, it appears that you pivot the cue a greater amount in the second shot compared to the first shot. This, it would seem, would have a lot to do with why the cue is pointing to the edge of the ob. You are pivoting more. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with doing so, but if someone is going to try and figure out why the mystery exists, I think these would be useful observations.

The CTE perceptions have usefulness on a 2x1. The system works on a 2x1 but not on 3x2 table with 6 pockets for example. Change the perceptions and the system faulters on a 2x1. Change a regulation table to something else and the system faulters.

I have thought about CTE every which way possible. I have answers or solutions, whatever you want to call it, to the issues that you just addressed. The explanations are such that any normal person can understand them.

Yep, thought about all that stuff and even got dizzy at times figuring out what I knew was there. I trusted Hal. He didn't let me down.

A lot of the mystery has been dissolved since that island video. That was many thousands of hours of work ago.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

This is what happens when you shut out the portions of a conversation that you wish to argue about. Stan has proven with his curtain shots that you don't have to see the pockets to make balls, but you certainly have to know where they are, and why not, they are after all the targets. Without a target there is no positioning yourself to a perception. The knowledge of the 2:1 ratio enforces that perception, which then positions you to complete the necessary visuals and sweeps, either manual or not, to successfully pocket the ball to the target, but that does not mean you can't do the same thing on an unknown surface, if you can see the target. The known 2:1 ratio of the table is however critical in using Pro One for banking, just as any other banking system would be. You want to argue that the sweeps don't look the same, well of course they don't, because they have different perceptions at different distances and locations about the table. For criminy sake, why not just buy the DVD and try it for yourself, and then post a review of it like you did on that other system. It's much easier and more accurate.

Last edited:

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have read quite a bit of this thread. Hearing instructions on paper as to how to learn CTE is similar to my Wife giving me instructions to find something in the kitchen. It is on the left side in the cupboard next to the thing with the big white dot. Then turn around, blink, look to the right of the cupboard, then look upwards. Reach out your left hand and grab. Would someone please tell me which cupboard door to open and which is the left side of the kitchen. Videos are usually just as confusing about CTE. Center of one ball to edge of the other (Which ball is which, not said) Easy if they would explain with simple logic. Pivot the cue is not explainable to most without exact diagram never shown to me. Does the cue pivot at the bridge or move parallel to the cue ball. Maybe we dummies will get someone with the brains to explain CTE with real diagrams, not theory and confusing dialog. Not saying there is nothing to it, just that so far even most with high IQ may still wonder how.

This is exactly why people step into these threads and argue about things they have no experience with. There are plenty of videos available on CTE and Pro one and frankly are pretty simple to comprehend. I agree you will not get a fair assessment of it here, even without the interference. If the sweeps are 2 hard to grasp then try the manual pivots. They are very effective. If you are adept at pocketing balls to your satisfaction then you don't really need to bother. At that point some choose to just argue that others should not try because they themselves don't need it.

Landon Shuffett

Registered
@BC21

Yes, every now and then I will stand behind the object ball but I have come to discover that I do that mainly because it is a part of my routine and it helps with composure (giving me a few extra seconds to go over my cue ball route, pattern, or just to catch an extra breath). It's obvious that with CTE there's no need to do that so therefore I still consider it an old habit.

Landon

Status
Not open for further replies.