How Would You Shoot The 7?

A touchy spot to be in. How would you shoot the 7 ball?

aaa.jpg

Pidge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Low left. Hit the diamond on the 9 side of the middle pocket and use the spin to widen the angle up to the 8.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This shot doesn't look too difficult, but there is plenty of room for error if you hit the 9. Like I said in another post of yours...it all depends upon how the table is playing...fast or slower.

My first instinct would be to put low "stun draw" and draw the cue ball into the end rail and then the side rail under the 9 and bring it up above the side pocket and out to the 8 in the corner. If you miss the 9 on this shot, the only thing you have to worry about is the scratch in the side on the way back up table.

If the table is "faster", I may just cut the ball in the corner and use inside to come back up table. It looks like there is plenty of room to avoid the 9 in the layout.

kidpool85

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bottom inside (right) spin it around 3 maybe 4th rail with a huge margin for position!!

First rail would be in between the 9 ball and corner pocket

Danimal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
High with moderate speed and a lot of right to bring it back down the table. Touchy indeed.

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
High right, hit the short rail and come back down table.

Standard shot.

erhino41

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Am I the only one who doesn't think this is very "touchy" at all? I'd love to shoot this layout for the money all day long. High inside back down table would be how I would play it, there is a huge landing spot that you will be tracking straight through. I think under the 9 would probably come out alright if you miss the scratch but I don't understand sending whitey towards a pocket when there is no need for it, not to mention hitting the nine will probably put you near the opposite rail in no mans land. The option of drawing above the nine would be second in my opinion, although, I don't like the idea of not drawing enough or getting enough spin to get a "comfortable" angle. Under the nine side rail first is a good option but to me doesn't feel natural at all, although a good choice if you were so inclined, it does offer the very large landing zone of the one rail option. I usually only play that type of shot if there is traffic that dictates I need to go that way. High right all day long, IMHO.

Last edited:

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Glad some others are saying high right as that was what I first thought too...but I'm pretty new so thought maybe I had it wrong and didn't know why. Just seems easy and natural to send it into the short rail and back up table....easy layout with a huge area from which you'll be fine to go from 8 to 9.

erhino41

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You may not even need the inside spin. I'd use it to make sure I didn't track towards the side or leave myself on the side rail.

Bambu

Dave Manasseri
Silver Member
I love the guys who think inside power shots are so easy!

I know its an ONB trap, so I'm playing safe. Hit the 7 ball about lag speed, no english....into the short rail and back towards 8 ball. (7 lands close by the 8, but hopefully on the short rail.) Cue ball goes 2-3 rails, and lands preferably behind the 9 ball.

amicenheimer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would say just a little inside English to cut the angle down and come up table. Hit the cue ball a little further than the middle of the table for the 8.

3RAILKICK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rolling cb, no english(maybe touch of outside), come around the 9ball or ticky under the 9ball and track further down the rail for the 8 in the corner.

8 and 9 should be doable from there. Hopefully.;)

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Glad some others are saying high right as that was what I first thought too...but I'm pretty new so thought maybe I had it wrong and didn't know why. Just seems easy and natural to send it into the short rail and back up table....easy layout with a huge area from which you'll be fine to go from 8 to 9.

I saw high right at first glance,,,,then I looked at the image sideways and
saw that it wasn't so easy.
So we set it up on a table....using the diamonds to get pretty exact.

I'm hitting it low right...got a full diamond of side rail to hit....
...don't over-do the draw....the more right english, the less you have to
use power....you got 25% of the table to land in.

I'm pretty sure if you all set it up carefully, y'all will see what I mean.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
A touchy spot to be in. How would you shoot the 7 ball?

View attachment 369564

Why not....

Around the 9-ball!!!! Filipino style {edit: this one didn't work out so well... I ticked the 9-ball, but then again, someone with skill might have no issue}

Or

Draw with inside, doubling the upper right corner, running the umbrella route to and through the center of the table. {edit: this one was a hanger}

Freddie <~~~ 3C style

Last edited: