Hills Cues Has Gone Down Hill

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I know he was a....
735f1d5c9526f8a55fd6c645071075ce.jpg

But I don’t hunk it should be necessarily his responsibility, I think if he does have them and wants to send to ya that would be pretty bad ass but I’d understand anyone’s investment.

So if it means that much to ya......pick up the shipping and I’ll shoot ya a 8/4 short slab 30”+ long. 400 year old live oak.

dd0a4a913479f4d0127bd93e9885d57f.jpg
cd9314e87dfa201117069c97dd4c309f.jpg

Many of us just wish for happy results and happy players/customers.....I have had plenty of really cool and gracious clients who are patient with my own works and endeavors. Many of us have other careers and or go through things....guys shops burned, hell my home during our great flood I was great until the ceiling fell in 🤣. One things sure through good or bad trouble or on time the best people stay in contact with each other, build personal relationships.....customer and maker/artist whatever you happen to be. Personally the personal relationship part I think is most important, even with enjoyment for the work and good technique the more an individual cares about their work, is patient and never hasty.....things tend to turn out pretty well....no one goes off air, no robbing, no ditching bla bla.

Just be honest things work out. Never expect good from making buyers,sellers, or makers nervous or mad etc.

Unless your whistle blowing on guys like ummm hmm....we sure as hell don’t need and cue maker dump artists no matter how well their work may be. Kinda like we don’t like cheaters even if they happen to be the best ever at whatever pool or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually it would 100% be his responsibility, as of right now it is stolen property that the new owner bought. Just sayin.
Jason

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
Actually it would 100% be his responsibility, as of right now it is stolen property that the new owner bought. Just sayin.

Jason

Well sure of course that’s technically true but then you have things like proof it’s x persons. Nothing against the guy but anyone honestly can say “I’m owed such and such and such is mine”

It sure doesn’t seem like the fellow who purchased Darren’s tools and material knew any of all the drama he was surely going to endure if I were to guess. Barring any outstretched hand to either one of the curly oak guy and the new shop owner or proof if required by any party pre blow up lol.....I was just letting curly oak guy know I got that exact wood coming out my ass and will gladly make his woes right for the slight that imop is a slight on our group as craftsmen.

I got enough to build an arc, and it aint
no thang for Johnny Apple to a hand of seed from such a large bag.

🤙

Keith E.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well sure of course that’s technically true but then you have things like proof it’s x persons. Nothing against the guy but anyone honestly can say “I’m owed such and such and such is mine”

It sure doesn’t seem like the fellow who purchased Darren’s tools and material knew any of all the drama he was surely going to endure if I were to guess. Barring any outstretched hand to either one of the curly oak guy and the new shop owner or proof if required by any party pre blow up lol.....I was just letting curly oak guy know I got that exact wood coming out my ass and will gladly make his woes right for the slight that imop is a slight on our group as craftsmen.

🤙

Greenie headed your way Sir.

Keith

mrkdenton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I need to ask,...
In the last 6 (or so) months, how do you know?

Thanks for asking. I know cause I have been in contact with Darin hill like over fifteen times or more even in the last six months and he was staying at his moms house. And that's not even close to Arizona. Lol. And unfortunately I found out what kind of asshole Darin was. For myself. Not what anyone has told me.

mrkdenton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi,
have you my Woods(I send to him) in your shop which he not gave me back:angry:
2 pieces of curly OAK from Meridian blades about 30 Inch Long each.
Thanks,
Ralf

How's it going. If u contact me. My cell is 913 334 8414. ( Mark). I would be more then happy to send u your wood. If I have it. Most of the wood that I bought from Darin hill that came with his shop. I'm just starting to put on shelves from the tons of boxes we boxed up to bring all the stuff to Kansas. Finally got my shop up and running. Finally. Finally. Finally. :). But To bad darrin had to cheat u. But hopefully I can make it rite for ya. Just contact me.

Last edited:

Floyd_M

"Have Cue, Will Travel"
Silver Member
Thanks for asking. I know cause I have been in contact with Darin hill like over fifteen times or more even in the last six months and he was staying at his moms house. And that's not even close to Arizona. Lol. And unfortunately I found out what kind of asshole Darin was. For myself. Not what anyone has told me.

ALLRighty then.... my info was from Darin on private chat in FB.
OF COURSE what he said he "was" going to do could have fallen through.

It's ALWAYS best to ask than to assume, even if 'unfinished business' (pun intended) came from the horse. ;)

I stopped by his home 3 years ago to add a ring on my cue. Once finished we played & chatted. Everyone has different levels of personality and Darin had his. He seemed on the up & up but that was just one visit and business transaction. I'll say, after he did my cue's ring, several times in PM 'FaceBook' asked for pin & insert changing on another cue... NEVER did he respond. He was in the middle of going through SEVVVvvvvERAL!!! young girls. I wonder, were they ALL legal? :confused:

mrkdenton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ALLRighty then.... my info was from Darin on private chat in FB.
OF COURSE what he said he "was" going to do could have fallen through.

It's ALWAYS best to ask than to assume, even if 'unfinished business' (pun intended) came from the horse. ;)

I stopped by his home 3 years ago to add a ring on my cue. Once finished we played & chatted. Everyone has different levels of personality and Darin had his. He seemed on the up & up but that was just one visit and business transaction. I'll say, after he did my cue's ring, several times in PM 'FaceBook' asked for pin & insert changing on another cue... NEVER did he respond. He was in the middle of going through SEVVVvvvvERAL!!! young girls. I wonder, were they ALL legal? :confused:

Lol. I hear ya. Buddy. Darin's true colors really came out with me. To bad really. But I'm Glad we can talk out things without getting nasty with each other. That's what this forum is all about.
:)

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
Lol. I hear ya. Buddy. Darin's true colors really came out with me. To bad really. But I'm Glad we can talk out things without getting nasty with each other. That's what this forum is all about.
:)

Darn tootin....again, glad to have ya here and the mutt removed of his tools he and woods lol it’s almost preemptive damage control 🤣

Have a good one fellas

mrkdenton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Darn tootin....again, glad to have ya here and the mutt removed of his tools he and woods lol it’s almost preemptive damage control 🤣

Have a good one fellas

Thanks. 😀Damn glad to be here. Lol

JC

Coos Cues

🤙

If it's the oak I'm thinking of that blades was selling there won't be any mistaking it.

JC

Big-Tattoo

I'm back
Silver Member
How's it going. If u contact me. My cell is 913 334 8414. ( Mark). I would be more then happy to send u your wood. If I have it. Most of the wood that I bought from Darin hill that came with his shop. I'm just starting to put on shelves from the tons of boxes we boxed up to bring all the stuff to Kansas. Finally got my shop up and running. Finally. Finally. Finally. :). But To bad darrin had to cheat u. But hopefully I can make it rite for ya. Just contact me.
PM send Mark:thumbup:

Big-Tattoo

I'm back
Silver Member
I sent u my email address like u ask me to in a p.m. So u could send me some pics of the wood u gave Darin hill. But I haven't heard from u. Or gotten an email Let me know buddy. Thanks

Email send with pic of the woods, check out your mail or spam folder

Bigbob1973

photo0_zps9zyr7nau.jpg

Warning! To anyone thinking of purchasing a Hills cue, its not worth the trouble. I am a local player and there was a time when Darrin was well liked and on the rise as a cue maker. Like most guys looking for custom stuff, you go to who has the best reputation. 10 years ago Hills cues was the hottest cue to have in these parts. Some of the best local players I knew played with a Hills cue and had positive things to say about it, so naturally I turned to him to make one for me. I had given Darrin piece work by way of getting to know him, before commissioning him to make a cue for me. I had him replace several tips, as well as put leather wraps on two of my Southwest cues. He was pricey, but the wraps looked good. The real problems started when I asked him to make me a cue. He was quick to take my money, all the while referring to himself in the third person (which Ive always found strange) about how great of a cue maker he is and who plays with his cues. What I received in exchange for my trust and money was a cue that had a ping in it from the moment he handed it to me. He said that he thought the glue he used would expand to fill whatever crevice was hollowed, and to come back if the sound remained. I left and lived with it, knowing there wasnt much to be done, with the exception of scraping it and building a new cue. Over the next few years the cue just got worse. The finish clouded up, both shafts warped on me and I discovered the source of the ping, when the A-joint literally came apart in my hand. I brought the cue to his attention, only to be met with hostility and derogatory comments. I had also given him $300 by way of good faith to do some work on another cue for me (prior to my current cue falling apart in my hands), to which he decided he was entitled to the money and refuses to communicate or repay me my deposit. There are too many cue talented cue makers out there to risk your money over this headache. Learn from my lesson and dont trust this guy with your cues, your money or your time.
I just got one in trade it seems well made. , I really like it hopefully it serves me well 😁