Focal point and alignment

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just gave my non-playing wife a basic explanation of it and then asked her to watch the video. I then asked her if she understood the directions. She said she did and it was clear on what to do.

It really is that easy and it's going to get super easy.

Part of the issue is that so many can not empty the cup and let go of their traditional approach. The first hurdles for CTE are a little different at first and certainly somewhat odd. The goal for me was never just down the road as my thinking was always long term. I knew that I was after something special that would ultimately catapult me into a visual/physical world unlike anything that I could ever imagine. I just worked with what was available and went forward in hopes of putting it all together. Now that I have, I still get kicked around like a dog. I have done all of my work in the name of Pool Hal and pool itself. You ain't seen nothing yet! As it becomes more clear that CTE is what it is asserted ti be, the hate is gonna be amplified. Hal warned me and this is still just the beginning of what I am going to experience. I'm satisfied though that I have done a good turn for pool. Many will appreciate it but the hate, in spite of my work, will live on for another decade or two before it withers away.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Seriously, is english not your native language?? How is it that you can not comprehend what he is saying there? He even illustrates it with his cue.

My English comprehension is outstanding. He clearly says "If my perspective of the shot, after I have my visuals, presents me with a thick looking shot, then I have to thin it."

So what is so complicated for you to comprehend my reasoning for asking how an inexperienced player would be able to just know (like Stan just knows, based on experience) that the shot is a little thick or thin. It was a fair question, but don't worry.....I'm not asking it again. Especially since Stan has posted, "as one learns the technique for determining thick or thin.....it becomes automatic in that you just see it and know it." That answered my question..... Experience.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My English comprehension is outstanding. He clearly says "If my perspective of the shot, after I have my visuals, presents me with a thick looking shot, then I have to thin it."

So what is so complicated for you to comprehend my reasoning for asking how an inexperienced player would be able to just know (like Stan just knows, based on experience) that the shot is a little thick or thin. It was a fair question, but don't worry.....I'm not asking it again. Especially since Stan has posted, "as one learns the technique for determining thick or thin.....it becomes automatic in that you just see it and know it." That answered my question..... Experience.

True knowledge comes from EXPERIENCE.

This is what CTE players learn to recognize for dterming thick and thin by using a known line over and over and over.

Any Cb OB thick relation must be thinned.
Any thin Cb thin relation must be thickened.
**Most of the time the thick or thin relation is obvious.

This relation recognition occurs shot after shot after shot. Let's say that a player new to CTE practices 7 days in row shooting 300 shots per day. That's 2100 shots. The process of determing thick or thin which is extremely easy happens faster and faster over time until it becomes you see it and you know it. It's called work. A player's work leads to EXPERIENCE. EXPERIENCE in this case results in no feel or judgement whatsoever. Experience is solid qualified knowledge that happens lightnig fast at low consciousness or even subconsciously.

Let's take a G chord. The basic 3 fingers version.
It's cumbersome at first.
You see the position for your fingers and you carefully place them there.
You learn that by practice.
You learn the sound of the G.
It becomes easier over time.
Then you have it. It's automatic!
You know it. BOOM!
It's called experience.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
True knowledge comes from EXPERIENCE.

This is what CTE players learn to recognize for dterming thick and thin by using a known line over and over and over.

Any Cb OB thick relation must be thinned.
Any thin Cb thin relation must be thickened.
**Most of the time the thick or thin relation is obvious.

This relation recognition occurs shot after shot after shot. Let's say that a player new to CTE practices 7 days in row shooting 300 shots per day. That's 2100 shots. The process of determing thick or thin which is extremely easy happens faster and faster over time until it becomes you see it and you know it. It's called work. A player's work leads to EXPERIENCE. EXPERIENCE in this case results in no feel or judgement whatsoever. Experience is solid qualified knowledge that happens lightnig fast at low consciousness or even subconsciously.

Let's take a G chord. The basic 3 fingers version.
It's cumbersome at first.
You see the position for your fingers and you carefully place them there.
You learn that by practice.
You learn the sound of the G.
It becomes easier over time.
Then you have it. It's automatic!
You know it. BOOM!
It's called experience.

Stan Shuffett

Thanks. I figured that was the answer -- a developed experience. One must develop the ability to just see it, same way with the quarters system and ghostball and others. But the cte perceptions actually get the player into a ballpark alignment for the shot, then experience gives them the final nuts of automatically knowing what to do next based on what they see. That experience comes from hours of repetitive practice, a dedication I'm just not able to give at this point in my life.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks. I figured that was the answer -- a developed experience. One must develop the ability to just see it, same way with the quarters system and ghostball and others. But the cte perceptions actually get the player into a ballpark alignment for the shot, then experience gives them the final nuts of automatically knowing what to do next based on what they see. That experience comes from hours of repetitive practice, a dedication I'm just not able to give at this point in my life.

YW!
An important clarification:
Perceptions are not ballpark endeavors. Rather, the CTE perceptions represent perfect visual relational viewings for a Cb to an OB. Perceptions must be perfect as they are the springboard for identifying the perfect center that makes the ball. Perceptions are precision visual alignments that demand perfection.

Stan Shuffett

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
YW!
An important clarification:
Perceptions are not ballpark endeavors. Rather, the CTE perceptions represent perfect visual relational viewings for a Cb to an OB. Perceptions must be perfect as they are the springboard for identifying the perfect center that makes the ball. Perceptions are precision visual alignments that demand perfection.

Stan Shuffett

I should've clarified that by "ballpark" I meant the perception gets you in the right place to recognize a CCB alignment.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
I got down over a straight-in shot, then I closed each eye one at a time to see what the shot perspective was from each eye. Here it is....the red lines are individual eye focal perspectives and the green is what my brain produces from these two perspectives.

picture.php

So based on this I made the following image, which shows where the eyes would have to be positioned for the shot, depending on eye dominance. Naturally, these are standard examples and your specific position would depend on the severity of your own eye dominance.

picture.php