• McDermott Intimidator

Votes: 9 1.9%
  • Regular Shaft

Votes: 233 49.1%
  • Other

Votes: 64 13.5%

• Total voters

xtenglong

I thought it would be interesting to make a poll on what is your main shaft you use for playing. I tried searching for one before and it just seems non-existant. Post up what you use =]

Last edited:

MoonshineMattK

Silver Member
I shoot with this twig. No I didnt murder a good shaft it was this thin when I bought the cue.

20 + years of cleaning I guess...

Gave it a try and it works for me.

Attachments

• shaft.jpg
    shaft.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 2,635

Chris Byrne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I still use hard maple shafts. I wish I would have fallen in love with the new LD shafts, then I could just buy them and slap on some ringwork and knock a year off of my wood turning schedule. I personally still prefer a nice dense hard maple shaft. I love the feel and feedback. Chris.

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Current just the regular shaft that came with my Olney but I have a Tiger Ultra X coming in soon that I'm looking forward to spending some time shooting with to see how they compare.

DiamondDave

Yes, I rather like Snake!
Silver Member
I've tried the LD shafts but I prefer the solid shafts instead. The nice thing about them is you don't have to worry about them breaking down over time like you do with the Laminated shafts.

My Mason cue hits a ton! I tried it with a 314-2 and hated it. I'll keep the regular shaft.

xtenglong

BlowFish said:
Interesting result...

I agree... Didn't expect there to be so many players using the regular shafts that come with their cues... Makes me feel as if I shouldn't bother spending my money for an OB-2 shaft, and just stick with the shafts coming with my Bebot Bautista cue I just ordered x]... It just now seems that hardly anybody is using LD shafts, completely opposite from what I was expecting.

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
xtenglong said:
I agree... Didn't expect there to be so many players using the regular shafts that come with their cues... Makes me feel as if I shouldn't bother spending my money for an OB-2 shaft, and just stick with the shafts coming with my Bebot Bautista cue I just ordered x]... It just now seems that hardly anybody is using LD shafts, completely opposite from what I was expecting.

i use an LD shaft when i use my mezz. there's nothing wrong with ld shafts. i know a couple of people that swear by them.

if you like the way they play you should go ahead and keep using 'em

cornerstone

Psalm 91:15
Silver Member
I guess this goes to show ,you cant beat a maple shaft!!on the others people say you adjust and get used to them .my opinion is you should not change the way you play to match yoour equipment. your equipment should compliment the way you play!!!!!!

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
poolcuemaster said:
I like the 314-2 and OB1's alot and 75% of the pros play with predator shafts.--Leonard

That is an interesting fact. I knew that there were alot of them, some because of sponsorship, etc but take a step back and think about that (75% WOW).

I have played with the early 314 shaft. It took me some time to get used to it, but I eventually did. I could never masse with it, but for regular play it played okay.

The reason I bought and used it, strangely enough, was it had a uni-loc joint and I had a few cues with that joint. I could use the same playing shaft with many cues and I liked that.

I still have that OLD 314 but dont play with it. I will say it did stay straight and solid after several years.

Ken

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
So, what's the deal......a bigger percentage of us bangers actually like the deflection and feel of a regular maple shaft, while a bigger percentage of pros prefer the consitency of some kind of tricked out laminated shaft ??

Hit Man

<-------GANGSTA'
Silver Member
straight maple

Give me an old dark maple shaft with an ivory ferrule just a hair over 13mm. works for me.

BlowFish

Pinoy D-Player
Silver Member
xtenglong said:

I have tried almost all Tech shafts and have only liked the Mezz shafts. HybridProII is my most preferred Tech shaft in the Mezz lineup. Having said that, I still keep coming back to a Hard Rock Maple shaft that is Parabolic, slightly over 13mm, Micarta Ferrule and a Hard Tip. That is my preferred shaft, hence I voted for Regular Shaft. :thumbup: I assumed it meant Maple Shaft. Hehehe...

PetToilet

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the only reason i saw this thread is i search for one of these shafts on the forums. i think this should be in the main forum!

Chrippa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LD Queperfect

Im new in this forum so bear with me If I?m doing something wrong:smile:
I usually shoot with a Queperfect made by Ronnie Powell and he makes a real nice solid hitting maple shaft that has almost no deflection at all.
I don?t care so much for the laminated kind but I do care about making pool a bit easier using a LD shaft so this is perfect - for me that is.
I do think that some other Custom makers also do this, I have heard some names but that Is only from other people so I prefer not to mention any since I havn?t seen or tried them. I?m hoping however some of you can share some light over this matter.

And if you want to know something about Queperfect?s cues - please feel free to ask. I have 3 of his cues and some more coming. Sold 2 cues one of them went to a former Junior World champion, he however uses Queperfect shaft with "ordinary deflection". This is not me trying to sell you any It?s just a way to say that I have tried a lot of his cues.

By the way - very good thread!

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chrippa said:
Im new in this forum so bear with me If I?m doing something wrong:smile:
I usually shoot with a Queperfect made by Ronnie Powell and he makes a real nice solid hitting maple shaft that has almost no deflection at all.
I don?t care so much for the laminated kind but I do care about making pool a bit easier using a LD shaft so this is perfect - for me that is.
I do think that some other Custom makers also do this, I have heard some names but that Is only from other people so I prefer not to mention any since I havn?t seen or tried them. I?m hoping however some of you can share some light over this matter.

And if you want to know something about Queperfect?s cues - please feel free to ask. I have 3 of his cues and some more coming. Sold 2 cues one of them went to a former Junior World champion, he however uses Queperfect shaft with "ordinary deflection". This is not me trying to sell you any It?s just a way to say that I have tried a lot of his cues.

By the way - very good thread!

pm sent........