Calling out Jay Halfert

Agent 99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I, for one, have had enough of your reading your bullshit on this forum.

You continue to bash Earl Strickland at every chance, it's actually comical.

Several weeks ago you wrote here that Shane and Earl would not win a single match in this current event .. what a joke you are.

I responded to you that I would gladly wager a dime against your big mouth , and as I expected you simply disappeared.

So what exactly is your problem, Jay?

If you want to run that big mouth of yours, than you need to man up and put some cash behind it.

Tired of your cheap and continuous attacks on Earl. what's the beef big shot?

I say it's time for you to shut up or put up .. how bout it Jay?

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Popcorn.

1112.gif

IamCalvin06

Yang "The Son of Pool"
Silver Member
Damn did I miss something?!?

Calling out one of the most respected ppl in pool. Hope there's a good reason...

Off to investigate.

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Several weeks ago you wrote here that Shane and Earl would not win a single match in this current event .. what a joke you are.

I responded to you that I would gladly wager a dime against your big mouth , and as I expected you simply disappeared.

If you want to run that big mouth of yours, than you need to man up and put some cash behind it.

Helfert, always calls it like it is, the MAN has been there and done it, Earl is my favorite player, but as we all know Earl is the bad boy of pool.

Earl still plays at a very high level, I like Earl and I like Jay also!

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Don't get me wrong, Earl is my all time favorite. Always will be.

Yet, maybe I haven't paid attention, but I don't remember Jay ever saying anything terrible about Earl. Nothing that many of Earl's non fans have said anyway.

Myself, I don't think that Jay cares for the Pinoy Players that much. ;)

Last edited:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

What's wrong with you? Jay and Earl go a long way back. Most who know Earl and know Earl well do realize he is not an angel when it comes to pool. The reasons why can be debated, however.

Jay likes to bark, just like many of us in this pool world. I know I've sure done my share of barking in the past and will probably do so next time I'm near action. I can bark with the best of 'em. :D

There's a difference between barking and bashing, I think. Sometimes it seems like people are bashing when they are barking, but, in essence, they're trying to drum up a little action.

Give Jay a break on this one. I don't like to see Earl being hammered, either, and I'm always the first one to come to his defense on this forum. There's a few forum members I don't care for, but rather than calling them out in the open forum, I ignore them. I don't need to say, "You're on my ignore list," either, like some of these clowns do here on a regular basis.

I suggest you try the silent treatment. Believe it or not, silence really is golden and can be much more effective in the long run. ;)

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
First of all, when you call out Jay Helfert, one of our game's most esteemed men, try spelling his name correctly.

Second, if Jay predicted that Team USA would bomb in this event, he was largely right. We beat Croatia, who, outside of Malaysia, looked like the worst team in the event. We then narrowly beat an unseeded Russian team.

When we finally played a seeded team, we fell so far behind that even a strong finish wasn't enough.

Unless your expectations of this team were low, you have to have worn rose colored glasses to be truly satisfied with this effort.

The state of American pool is disheartening, and nothing that happened at the World Cup of Pool will change the international assessment of it.

Of course, the Earl apologists and yes-men are always satisfied with it when Earl loses, which, in 2014, is always.

itsfroze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jay is a good guy, and Earl is one of the best that ever played the game.
Some people feel that it makes them seem important when they try to tear
Earl down. They came out real slow in their match with England and made
a match of it, by fighting back hard. If they hadn't broken dry tied at 7-7 there's
a good chance England might have been spectating today.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
It's about time Jay got called out, and I think he has some explaining to do.
If you are going to call someone out, this is the way to do it, even if it is for no reason.
There are quite a few people that I don't like, and if I had the balls I would call them out
the same way, especially Jay Helfert.

I remember about 5 or 6-years ago when a guy scammed me out of a cue, and Jay
offered to replace it.
At the time I owned about 200-cues and actually got my cue back, but who is this Jay
Helfert offering to replace the cue, as if I needed it.
Jay didn't know me and made the offer privately so nobody else would know, how
sneaky was that, or like Earl would say "how strong is that"
I told Jay to "take his ****ing cue..:smile:...and give it to someone who needs it, and if I
ever need a free cue I will ask for it."

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Were you woofing that much before the tourny?Link please

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

I hope you brought a thesaurus.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Jay is a good guy, and Earl is one of the best that ever played the game.
Some people feel that it makes them seem important when they try to tear
Earl down. They came out real slow in their match with England and made
a match of it, by fighting back hard. If they hadn't broken dry tied at 7-7 there's
a good chance England might have been spectating today.

If they hadn't played so poorly in the first half of the match, they'd have had some room for error.

Obviously, Earl is one of the greatest ever, but he's not one of the best now. Even at the regional level, he's not one of the ones to beat on the Joss tour, where Dechaine, Shaw and Sossei win pretty much all of the titles.

Earl has torn himself down with competitive futility this year. He doesn't need anyone's help.

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
First of all, when you call out Jay Helfert, one of our game's most esteemed men, try spelling his name correctly.

Second, if Jay predicted that Team USA would bomb in this event, he was largely right. We beat Croatia, who, outside of Malaysia, looked like the worst team in the event. We then narrowly beat an unseeded Russian team.

When we finally played a seeded team, we fell so far behind that even a strong finish wasn't enough.

Unless your expectations of this team were low, you have to have worn rose colored glasses to be truly satisfied with this effort.

The state of American pool is disheartening, and nothing that happened at the World Cup of Pool will change the international assessment of it.

Of course, the Earl apologists and yes-men are always satisfied with it when Earl loses, which, in 2014, is always.

and yet, you somehow managed to slip under her radar of not getting your own thread? ;)

we might need Mr. Bond to step in here, cause i'm pretty sure that "007" outranks Get Smart.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Some folks are patriots, and others are result pickers. I am a patriot and root for the home team. :smile:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Glad to see the pom poms are being kept dust free. LOL

Tell it like it is. That's what I like about you. You don't have to resort to the cowardly Chatty Cathy technique of talking smack behind people's back via PMs ad nauseum. :wink:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Some folks are patriots, and others are result pickers. I am a patriot and root for the home team. :smile:

I root for Team USA, but I'd prefer it if we sent our best. Earl isn't in a league with either Dechaine or Rodney and he proves it over and over.

Part of patriotism is wanting the international reputation of American pool players to rise once again. We didn't send our best to this event and, I fear, we won't send our best five to compete in the Mosconi. Obviously, it doesn't bother you, but it bothers me that America doesn't send its best to the most prestigious overseas events.

If continual failure is OK by you and you are proud of American pros who go overseas and fail time and time again, I'd call myself the greater patriot of the two of us.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I root for Team USA, but I'd prefer it if we sent our best. Earl isn't in a league with either Dechaine or Rodney and he proves it over and over.

Part of patriotism is wanting the international reputation of American pool players to rise once again. We didn't send our best to this event and, I fear, we won't send our best five to compete in the Mosconi. Obviously, it doesn't bother you, but it bothers me that America doesn't send its best to the most prestigious overseas events.

If continual failure is OK by you and you are proud of American pros who go overseas and fail time and time again, I'd call myself the greater patriot of the two of us.

Who you deem as the best may differ from my opinion or another's opinion, and that's okay. I'm patriotic and will root for the home team, just like I root for the Redskins. I don't think our quarterback is all that great on the Redskins, but I still root for them, anyway, because they are my home team.

What bothers me the most about the selection criteria is when pool politics raises its ugly head. Folks are quick to condemn Americans for past discretions, yet nobody utters a peep about the Britis and their past discretions. I do not understand that. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

I actually do think Earl is a better player than Dechaine or Rodney but for different reasons than you do. He has more shots in his arsenal than Dechaine, for one, and has developed a good relationship with Shane, for another. I do like Rodney a lot and think the world of him, but his last appearance at the Mosconi Cup, it just seemed like there was a whole lot of partying going on with some of the Team USA members, while Earl and Shane exhibited dedication to winning as evidenced by them consistently hanging out in the back room practicing together, the two of them.

Earl's expertise and capabilities do not need any stroking. It is okay that you dislike the selection of Earl Strickland, but I happen to think him and Shane as the best we have to offer at this time for a multitude of reasons. I won't degrade Dechaine or Rodney, but like Earl, they, too, have their good points and bad points.