Calling out Jay Halfert

decent dennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who you deem as the best may differ from my opinion or another's opinion, and that's okay. I'm patriotic and will root for the home team, just like I root for the Redskins. I don't think our quarterback is all that great on the Redskins, but I still root for them, anyway, because they are my home team.

What bothers me the most about the selection criteria is when pool politics raises its ugly head. Folks are quick to condemn Americans for past discretions, yet nobody utters a peep about the Britis and their past discretions. I do not understand that. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

I actually do think Earl is a better player than Dechaine or Rodney but for different reasons than you do. He has more shots in his arsenal than Dechaine, for one, and has developed a good relationship with Shane, for another. I do like Rodney a lot and think the world of him, but his last appearance at the Mosconi Cup, it just seemed like there was a whole lot of partying going on with some of the Team USA members, while Earl and Shane exhibited dedication to winning as evidenced by them consistently hanging out in the back room practicing together, the two of them.

Earl's expertise and capabilities do not need any stroking. It is okay that you dislike the selection of Earl Strickland, but I happen to think him and Shane as the best we have to offer at this time for a multitude of reasons. I won't degrade Dechaine or Rodney, but like Earl, they, too, have their good points and bad points.

Didn't anybody tell you, you can't call them the Redskins anymore:grin:

haystj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think our quarterback is all that great on the Redskins, but I still root for them, anyway, because they are my home team.

I'm with you on this one.. I don't think his arm is strong enough and defensive players in the NFL are too fast,,, making his mobility less of a advantage.. I just hope the poor guy can still walk when he turns 30

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
It's about time Jay got called out, and I think he has some explaining to do.
If you are going to call someone out, this is the way to do it, even if it is for no reason.
There are quite a few people that I don't like, and if I had the balls I would call them out
the same way, especially Jay Helfert.

I remember about 5 or 6-years ago when a guy scammed me out of a cue, and Jay
offered to replace it.
At the time I owned about 200-cues and actually got my cue back, but who is this Jay
Helfert offering to replace the cue, as if I needed it.
Jay didn't know me and made the offer privately so nobody else would know, how
sneaky was that, or like Earl would say "how strong is that"
I told Jay to "take his ****ing cue..:smile:...and give it to someone who needs it, and if I
ever need a free cue I will ask for it."

Great post.....if our game had more Helferts, we'd be the PGA.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
I, for one, have had enough of your reading your bullshit on this forum.

You continue to bash Earl Strickland at every chance, it's actually comical.

Several weeks ago you wrote here that Shane and Earl would not win a single match in this current event .. what a joke you are.

I responded to you that I would gladly wager a dime against your big mouth , and as I expected you simply disappeared.

So what exactly is your problem, Jay?

If you want to run that big mouth of yours, than you need to man up and put some cash behind it.

Tired of your cheap and continuous attacks on Earl. what's the beef big shot?

I say it's time for you to shut up or put up .. how bout it Jay?

Ignore. sigh

Jeff Livingston

punter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I root for Team USA, but I'd prefer it if we sent our best. Earl isn't in a league with either Dechaine or Rodney and he proves it over and over.

Part of patriotism is wanting the international reputation of American pool players to rise once again. We didn't send our best to this event and, I fear, we won't send our best five to compete in the Mosconi. Obviously, it doesn't bother you, but it bothers me that America doesn't send its best to the most prestigious overseas events.

If continual failure is OK by you and you are proud of American pros who go overseas and fail time and time again, I'd call myself the greater patriot of the two of us.

After the third Earl bashing post of yours... we get it, you don't like Earl and you have no respect for his game.

MVPCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Several weeks ago you wrote here that Shane and Earl would not win a single match in this current event .. what a joke you are.

I responded to you that I would gladly wager a dime against your big mouth , and as I expected you simply disappeared.

If you want to run that big mouth of yours, than you need to man up and put some cash behind it.

impliedFP.jpg

........................that's all

Last edited:

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
I root for Team USA, but I'd prefer it if we sent our best. Earl isn't in a league with either Dechaine or Rodney and he proves it over and over.

Part of patriotism is wanting the international reputation of American pool players to rise once again. We didn't send our best to this event and, I fear, we won't send our best five to compete in the Mosconi. Obviously, it doesn't bother you, but it bothers me that America doesn't send its best to the most prestigious overseas events.

If continual failure is OK by you and you are proud of American pros who go overseas and fail time and time again, I'd call myself the greater patriot of the two of us.

I sure thought for the World Cup of Pool, that "WE" don't send anyone and that Matchroom Sport selects the American players that will compete.

JoeyA

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

I'm not sure where this is coming from. I actually complimented Earl on his play in the World Cup, if you check out the various threads on this event. I know for a fact that I did NOT say they wouldn't win a match. I may have said they are not one of the stronger teams, and I stand by that assessment.

You ask me to man up, well I'll be at the U.S. Open in October and DCC in January. Why don't you man up and tell me face to face how you feel about me. You talk a good game online. I suspect you're a coward in person. And I'll put my money on that!

I'm not sure where this is coming from. I actually complimented Earl on his play in the World Cup, if you check out the various threads on this event. I know for a fact that I did NOT say they wouldn't win a match. I may have said they are not one of the stronger teams, and I stand by that assessment.

You ask me to man up, well I'll be at the U.S. Open in October and DCC in January. Why don't you man up and tell me face to face how you feel about me. You talk a good game online. I suspect you're a coward in person. And I'll put my money on that!

Snap it off Jay...

Agent 99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

This isn't about having an opinion on the out come of a match. This isn't about who was picked to play in the World Cup.

There is a big difference between having an opinion and carrying on like a whiney little school boy, and that is exactly what you do here every time Earl's name comes up.

I'm not going to bother reposting the hateful and slanderous garbage you have posted here about Earl, because it's not worthy of my time.

You have said many things that are way out of line and you know it. You have made many accusations regarding Earl that you would never say to him in person, and that is why I have to call bullshit.

Enough of your cowardly attacks on someone who is not present to confront you.

I have said all that I am going to say regarding your immature and spiteful remarks.

You are a waste of my time.

ziggystardust

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
holding off judgement on Jay......

until the 10 ball invites go out for the DCC.

We haven,t even started that thread yet:D
(dvd is on its way) LOL

Carl

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This isn't about having an opinion on the out come of a match. This isn't about who was picked to play in the World Cup.

There is a big difference between having an opinion and carrying on like a whiney little school boy, and that is exactly what you do here every time Earl's name comes up.

I'm not going to bother reposting the hateful and slanderous garbage you have posted here about Earl, because it's not worthy of my time.

You have said many things that are way out of line and you know it. You have made many accusations regarding Earl that you would never say to him in person, and that is why I have to call bullshit.

I have said all that I am going to say regarding your immature and spiteful remarks.

The manly thing to do would be to post your name since you know who Jay is. Just saying. :)

I seem to remember you shoot at Pool Sharks in Vegas. What is that place like? Is it more of a social shooters place, or is it a nice pool room with a good pool atmosphere? I know there are three good pool rooms in Vegas, if memory serves me right.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

Speaking of immaturity, have you looked in the mirror lately? Your stupid (and misinformed) attack on me tells me all I need to know about you. You are really telling on yourself here, but are too dumb to realize it. Good luck to you sir. You will need it.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
until the 10 ball invites go out for the DCC.

We haven,t even started that thread yet:D
(dvd is on its way) LOL

Carl

Oh, you're from Vegas too. Small world! :smile:

Carl, maybe you can answer the question about which pool room is the best in Vegas, these days. :cool:

Fenwick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
AzBilliards Forums Rules

To be included, there will be no ad hominem attacks. No name calling nor insults. Disagreeing with someone is fine, but calling them an idiot because of their opinion is not.

All posts will be kept civil.

Items that will be allowed for sale must be pool related.

The owners of AzBilliards Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.
I have read, and agree to abide by the AzBilliards Forums rules.

Three strikes, you're out.

Ky Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LOL

After TEAM USA lost to England A last night I thought about getting on a crying drunk that would carry over into today...:embarrassed2:

Although I didn't, it looks like some others had the same plan!:D

thewhiffer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Jay Helfert does not need me, or anyone else to speak up in his defense. He does that quite well himself. I offer my comments, not in defense of Jay, but rather against the use of a forum like this to lash out in an anonymous attack against other members.

Agent 99, at least you are consistent in the two posts you made here; you are mean spirited, express yourself poorly and have a disingenuous use of hyperbole to try to make a point when you may not really have one.

You start the original post with what is possibly the only accurate statement you make ”I, for one”........... and then you lose all credibility by going into an incoherent rant that leaves you as probably the only “one” believing what you are saying.

Your second post, in response to Jay, just confirms your character as shown in the first post. Examine your own words line by line.

Clearly, your comments about..... “cowardly attacks on someone who is not present to confront you”, “immature and spiteful remarks” and “carrying on like a whiney little school boy” would better apply to yourself when one reads what you originally posted, Jay Helferts measured response, and your subsequent last post.

The only waste of time was your deciding to post this venomous unsubstantiated attack in the first place. Please stop.

smoooothstroke

JerLaw
Silver Member
Whatever Jay said about Earl I guarantee he was respectful about it.I didn't read or hear anything memorable but I would bet he never called Earl a "joke" or misspelled his name.

Woofing is about respect.