This is a joke... Right?

Ilikeberrypie

I was looking on ozonebilliards for some chalk and I came across this. It has to be a joke right? If not, what's the difference between $0.50 chalk and $30 chalk?

Let's start a convo while we're at it..
What chalk do you use and why do you think it's the best?

Last edited:

oldplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
kinda funny that the price of $27.95 was marked thru with the new price of $27.95 and you save "0%"........:eek:

WoodyMPW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was looking on ozonebilliards for some chalk and I came across this. It has to be a joke right? If not, what's the difference between $0.50 chalk and $30 chalk?

Welcome to the forum. Search "chalk" for plenty of previous chalk discussions.

This might also interest you:
http://billiards.colostate.edu/threads/chalk.html

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I think it would be a joke to purchase chalk at that price.

I use Master chalk. It's good because it works.
Total price? Free, at your local pool room.

jaetee

rack master ;)
Silver Member
I don't always use chalk, but when I do I prefer Triangle...

'cuz it seems to a bit finer and adhere to my tips better than Masters. Also, it's because I still have remnants of a 1/2 gross box of it I bought back in 1989. LOL!

I use the Triangle chalk at home, and keep a cube or two in my case in the event the chalk at the pool hall has been bored out by bangers, or if there's none at all.

If pool hall has decent cubes of masters available, I'll just use that.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member

You should have looked at Seyberts, they have many more top brands, and some as low as $7.95 ;)

Oh, I only use one kind, just one :thumbup:

woodyosborne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't always use chalk, but when I do I prefer Triangle...

'cuz it seems to a bit finer and adhere to my tips better than Masters. Also, it's because I still have remnants of a 1/2 gross box of it I bought back in 1989. LOL!

I use the Triangle chalk at home, and keep a cube or two in my case in the event the chalk at the pool hall has been bored out by bangers, or if there's none at all.

If pool hall has decent cubes of masters available, I'll just use that.

i prefer triangle also, but 'cause i think it is a bit coarser than masters. lol!

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
I can't believe these guys. Welcome to the forum, ilikeberrypie.
My favorite kind of berry pie is peach. One of the guys here, I can't recall his name, said he was quite fond of dingle. I wonder what that tastes like? :)

Last edited:

john coloccia

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use Masters. I chalk before every shot. I pretty much never miscue, so there's no reason for me to do anything else.

At $.15 to $.25 a cube, depending how much you buy, I'll use a cube for one or two nights, and toss it in the pool hall's chalk bin when it starts getting worn. I hate worn out chalk. I like to brush it on, and everyone comments on how my chalk always has this funny wear pattern on it. I basically make a nice, neat "X" across the face of the chalk.

I also keep mine in my climate controlled workshop....sealed in plastic bags. Masters chalk at the pool hall SUCKS. My nice, dry Masters chalk is awesome. As soon as I start drilling a hole, and I get to the damper stuff that hasn't had a chance to dry out, I toss it and grab another cube.

Rtstreet

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought some magic chalk about two months ago and haven't used nothing else since.
I really like it.

Last edited:

bad_hit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The answer is yes...it is a joke for them to sell $30 chalk. Kamui is a joke and all their stuff is for suckers. Get some reasonably priced, good quality chalk like blue diamond or magic chalk, or just use masters it works perfectly fine if you remember to put it on.

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
It's a joke allright! Kamui will mess up your cloth, the pool balls and even your clothes should you ever get some of it on them. It's IMO a terrible product that needs to go away. It very nearly got banned at my poolhall for these reasons, luckily everyone figured out it was crap and stopped using it. Blue Diamond or even Predator will work as well, with little mess. I chalk as part of my psr, so I can use any chalk. I like Masters and Triangle. There is no difference (that I can notice) when you chalk properly.

If you are playing in some swamp, halfway under water with 20 year old cue tips, then maybe this product can help you. Otherwise I'd steer clear.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Are you we to pool. It's been out for like 3 years and the stuff is worth every penny.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
If $28 is too much, I am in possession of 25 pieces of Genuine Antique Pre Flag Master Chalk.

I was going to leave it to someone in my Will, as it is a Family Heirloom.

Also, keep in mind that this is the chalk that both Aikido Masters and Ninjas are trained on.

$15.00 per cube.

On the other side of the coin, Yes, Skamui is somewhat of a Joke. A designer Chalk that will have a certain amount of customers, when it first came out, just to see what the hype is all about.

And there after, I imagine the percentage of return customers would be on the low side.
Like, if you think that you need a piece of 25 dollar chalk in order to play or make your game better, chances are that you are in need of more than an over priced piece of chalk.

I'm surprised that the Chinois haven't Knocked this one Off a long time ago.

Kamui Brown that lasted all of a month.
Kamui Black, Each Hardness rating extolling a ton of features that was actually difficult to keep track of. The Blacks have a habit of glazing over, to the point of sometimes having to scuff more than once an evening, which is actually way too much.
Then, a Black Tip that had some Moisture and Humidity Sucking ability to them. Great for playing in High Humidity areas like Florida and such.
And on to the clear pads on the bottom of the Blacks.

But at 40 to 50 bucks a pop, the Tourney Installers are making a bit. Was watching a guy practice one evening as I took a break. He was telling me that he paid 50 bucks for his Kamui in Vegas. On his exact next shot, the Tip Popped off. I put it back on for him and could clearly see that the tip had wicked up the majority of the glue on the install. It had a little dab in the middle and a bit on the rim of the ferrule. It wasn't a matter of If, just a Matter of When.

Wondering what they will come up with for their next shot.

Last edited: