The lack of professionalism

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
A pendulum stroke is a stroke where the elbow does not move, or moves very little before contact. (and preferably after contact through the finish of the stroke) That is why it is called a pendulum stroke. Now, do you really think that a pendulum stroke perfectly mimics a pendulum as shown in your diagram?

Ask yourself this- do you really want to be "that" person? The person that fills in for Rick while he isn't here?
Sure do!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Moet.1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
wow

I been working alot haven't been on AZ in couple weeks and this is what I find just wow that's all I can say. And yes KD English push the envelope around here alot.
So take that for what it's worth.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
Now, who is being argumentative???

You come on as a "Scientist" & "Engineer" and chime in as such!

But, with so many to choose from can not provide 1 or 2 examples of Rick A.K.A. English! refusing scientific data counter to his position! Based on my read of his post history he has never been that obtuse!

But go figure! I get the above response to a simple question with so many to choose from, since his post count is so abundant it should be rather easy???

By your unwillingness to provide a link to the post or thread, It must be too hard or non-existent!

KD
This thread should meet your criteria.
Practical demonstration of cue tip path with a Pendulum stroke.

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member

We have been over this topic and this thread! Welcome to the party!

He brings up stuff he thinks is relevant to the topic. sadly, it is often some small detail or change in parameters that confuses him. Not understanding something is not throwing science out the door! In this thread you posted, he mentioned several times your results and bob's were slightly different! He mentioned the angle of approach being level vs. a non-straight trajectory!

He is not contradicting the study & results! Just acknowledging that different parameters of the study would "possibly" yield different results.

I get that he is annoying! But, you must admit the subject matter is very technical and he is asking technical questions that support or detract from the premise. He has nothing vested in the out come of the public debate and study! While, some that scream and complain do!!!

Your device was nice and thank you for sharing in that thread. He is/was painted as contradicting "scientific data from experts". When in fact, did not! He pointed out the cue could be warped and result in the results to deviate. All of which are possible, but so small it would be statistically irrelevant! Him showing how insightful he is on the topic with that comment is not an attack on the study or the members. But, it gets perceived as such.

KD

Last edited:

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What you call "shooting yourself in the foot", many others call "watch out for that turd in the lawn over there". It's not at all anything like stating that one's competitor is selling you a load. If you don't want to buy a product from someone because they put out a warning, well, that's your loss.

Really, you were just warning folks? How stupid do you think people in general are, if you were worried that 27,745 posts by a person who was clearly bat $#it crazy was going to mislead legions of pool players to their doom? Rick was the classic example of the self-discrediting internet poster. No warnings were really necessary. I can't play worth a darn but it took me about 2 minutes to figure out this guy Rick was a s#it stirrer with nothing I needed to know. And c'mon, for "warnings" those back and forths were entered into with a lot of enthusiasm and zest - almost joy at the battle.

It is very interesting that some of you folks think that one person's bad behavior (and I am not remotely a supporter of Rick - I had one contact where he tried to pull me into his BS with a PM and I IGNORED it) somehow justifies their own. Frankly some of his opponents just seemed to enjoy getting him wound up. I know for a fact that no person who just ignored Rick ever got into one of those back and forth squabbles with him.

Frankly, you guys just got played by an attention whore.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Really, you were just warning folks? How stupid do you think people in general are, if you were worried that 27,745 posts by a person who was clearly bat $#it crazy was going to mislead legions of pool players to their doom? Rick was the classic example of the self-discrediting internet poster. No warnings were really necessary. I can't play worth a darn but it took me about 2 minutes to figure out this guy Rick was a s#it stirrer with nothing I needed to know. And c'mon, for "warnings" those back and forths were entered into with a lot of enthusiasm and zest - almost joy at the battle.

It is very interesting that some of you folks think that one person's bad behavior (and I am not remotely a supporter of Rick - I had one contact where he tried to pull me into his BS with a PM and I IGNORED it) somehow justifies their own. Frankly some of his opponents just seemed to enjoy getting him wound up. I know for a fact that no person who just ignored Rick ever got into one of those back and forth squabbles with him.

Frankly, you guys just got played by an attention whore.

So, you're thinking that ignoring him would make it all better?

If it was the occasional posting here or there, that certainly could work. Rick spammed every thread he commented in, and when people stopped replying to him, he would quote himself.

This is a forum, and many of us like to interact with one another. When someone brazenly defecates all over "our" forum (yes, it is a collective "our"..... people make up a forum, and many, many long-time contributors to this forum got caught up in his wake), we should just let him keep doing it with no response? Yes, most folks could probly tell he was out there on their own, but new folks to the forum wouldnt know that.

I'm amazed at the sympathy he has generated here. Still, everyone is certainly entitled to their own opinions, which is what makes a forum interesting. So long as it doesnt turn into a certain style of mess.....

duckie

GregH
Silver Member
So, you're thinking that ignoring him would make it all better?

If it was the occasional posting here or there, that certainly could work. Rick spammed every thread he commented in, and when people stopped replying to him, he would quote himself.

This is a forum, and many of us like to interact with one another. When someone brazenly defecates all over "our" forum (yes, it is a collective "our"..... people make up a forum, and many, many long-time contributors to this forum got caught up in his wake), we should just let him keep doing it with no response? Yes, most folks could probly tell he was out there on their own, but new folks to the forum wouldnt know that.

I'm amazed at the sympathy he has generated here. Still, everyone is certainly entitled to their own opinions, which is what makes a forum interesting. So long as it doesnt turn into a certain style of mess.....

To be precise...... this forum is nothing more than a good ole boys club.

If you ain't part of the club.....you will get shit on.

Why did anyone feel the need to respond to him? This is the question no one can answer.

By continually responding to him and his type just shows how weak most people are.

Just have to to reply......why? Why do you feel the need to reply with something you don't agree with? I'd be on here 24/7 if I did that.

I don't agree with alot that is stated on here ,but i do not feel a need to reply to things I don't agree with.

Why do you?

Are you the self appointed forum police?

Do you watch tv shows or movies you don't like?

I seldom get into online flame wars anymore cause it just a waste of time just like responding to anything English or his type post.

Plus, most people here are just closed minded. They feel the need to be right. Afraid to think, to even consider that maybe they are not as smart as they think they are.

Like that little pendulum thingie. Most people took that as the end all answer. Does anyone realize that there are two pivot points in the wrist area? The wrist and where the hand touches the cue butt. But everyone jumped on it as being representative of how a cue is held even though that device was missing one pivot point that is in the real world.

I can stroke not moving my elbow and the cue tip will never dip. So, to me, that device is totally useless in explaining anything that happens in the real world with the stroke.

Now watch how much shit I get for stating this.

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Why did anyone feel the need to respond to him? This is the question no one can answer.

By continually responding to him and his type just shows how weak most people are.

Just have to to reply......why? Why do you feel the need to reply with something you don't agree with? I'd be on here 24/7 if I did that.

I don't agree with alot that is stated on here ,but i do not feel a need to reply to things I don't agree with.

Why do you?

I seldom get into online flame wars anymore cause it just a waste of time just like responding to anything English or his type post.

Plus, most people here are just closed minded. They feel the need to be right. Afraid to think, to even consider that maybe they are not as smart as they think they are.

Like that little pendulum thingie. Most people took that as the end all answer. Does anyone realize that there are two pivot points in the wrist area? The wrist and where the hand touches the cue butt. But everyone jumped on it as being representative of how a cue is held even though that device was missing one pivot point that is in the real world.

I can stroke not moving my elbow and the cue tip will never dip. So, to me, that device is totally useless in explaining anything that happens in the real world with the stroke.

You do realize that is exactly what you did here, right? So, when you understand why YOU made this post about something you disagree with, maybe you then will understand why others do it also.

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member

Why do you?

This forum certainly has a lot of cliques and groups. English actually had 3-4 people who followed him around in every thread, trying their best to provoke him and get him banned. You had forum personalities openly celebrating when he got banned...how's that for professional? Look, the fact that he got banned should not be shock to anyone, but I'm apalled by the behavior of others on the forum, more so than his. They actually went a lot further in their insults than he'd ever do, and they were very calculating in what they were doing, more so than him.

I can relate to the outsider status on this forum, but overall I think it's not too bad. Obviously as an outsider you get some people that follow you around and on principle disagree with everything you say (I think we share one of those people, lol), but I don't think I've ever seen someone targeted the way ENGLISH! was. He did do the same to others, so it was not one way, and I'm not claiming he was in any way innocent. Still, it's not good to watch how people were ganging up on him.

Regarding the pendulum "machine" you are not the first to point out the weaknesses of that model and you won't be the last. I'm not as invested in that debate as to want to start it again.

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
This forum certainly has a lot of cliques and groups. English actually had 3-4 people who followed him around in every thread, trying their best to provoke him and get him banned. You had forum personalities openly celebrating when he got banned...how's that for professional? Look, the fact that he got banned should not be shock to anyone, but I'm apalled by the behavior of others on the forum, more so than his. They actually went a lot further in their insults than he'd ever do, and they were very calculating in what they were doing, more so than him.

I can relate to the outsider status on this forum, but overall I think it's not too bad. Obviously as an outsider you get some people that follow you around and on principle disagree with everything you say (I think we share one of those people, lol), but I don't think I've ever seen someone targeted the way ENGLISH! was. He did do the same to others, so it was not one way, and I'm not claiming he was in any way innocent. Still, it's not good to watch how people were ganging up on him.

Regarding the pendulum "machine" you are not the first to point out the weaknesses of that model and you won't be the last. I'm not as invested in that debate as to want to start it again.

Based on your comments in red above, he was persecuted for his position counter to a few "untouchables" and thus removed from the island! Selective persecution is becoming the norm and selective enforcement! It is not what you know and how you behave but rather who you know!

Rules and violations are driven not by justice and the letter of the law. But, based on the more expedient solution!

Ethically, i disagree with punishing the most reserved person that adhered to the rules more closely then the peanut gallery that ganged up and followed him around. But, it ain't my site and cross to bare.

KD

Last edited:

duckie

GregH
Silver Member
You do realize that is exactly what you did here, right? So, when you understand why YOU made this post about something you disagree with, maybe you then will understand why others do it also.

I made a startment that was not about disagreeing on anything. The statement was a point of view about this forum. You not knowing the difference is the issue.