Congrats to Skyler Woodword he wins Big Tyme

Guess that's a no on you wanting to bet on Skyler playing Evgeny

Have no.idea on Evgeny...think I know who he is.

I will take SDKs money first on the Winters matchup, then let it ride with Evengy or anyone he plays.

Just remember his name, hes gonna be the next big thing.

Skylar if you need help getting to or playing Turning Stone in September let me know. I get free rooms, live close and would put you in. Can make you a real fair deal. I woul be happy to see you take it down there.

Last edited:

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Skylar is a friend of mine and he is great guy.

I look forward to seeing how good he can become.

I will tell this story, this was a few years ago and he was gambling with SVB, and I asked him why the hell was he doing that?

He was learning.

Guys, Skylar is going the player that everyone talks about in a few years, just like everyone talks about SVB now, its going to be Skylar.

Write it down, I told you first. :thumbup2:

Ken

pro9dg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think that you will be finding any of the Mosconi Eight getting into action games now. They have their priorities altered and it is an image that their captain is trying to bury. Perhaps the only exception is Shane. But I cannot see too many beating a path to HIS door given the form he has found since the start of the year.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think that you will be finding any of the Mosconi Eight getting into action games now. They have their priorities altered and it is an image that their captain is trying to bury. Perhaps the only exception is Shane. But I cannot see too many beating a path to HIS door given the form he has found since the start of the year.
i dont think this is true i know some of them are in action matches all the time and im sure mark knows this

klockdoc

ughhhhhhhhhh
Silver Member
Skylar is a friend of mine and he is great guy.

I look forward to seeing how good he can become.

I will tell this story, this was a few years ago and he was gambling with SVB, and I asked him why the hell was he doing that?

He was learning.

Guys, Skylar is going the player that everyone talks about in a few years, just like everyone talks about SVB now, its going to be Skylar.

Write it down, I told you first. :thumbup2:

Ken

Well, when you write it down, it's er!

ScottyDzntKnow

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I will take SDKs money first on the Winters matchup, then let it ride with Evengy or anyone he plays.

Skylar if you need help getting to or playing Turning Stone in September let me know. I get free rooms, live close and would put you in. Can make you a real fair deal. I woul be happy to see you take it down there.

If they play I'll make a small sweat bet with you...but playing one of the listed participants that I wrote earlier is the only way you'll get to take me off. :thumbup:

crabbcatjohn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Skylar if you need help getting to or playing Turning Stone in September let me know. I get free rooms, live close and would put you in. Can make you a real fair deal. I would be happy to see you take it down there.

As of last month and he told me he doesn't read these forums. If you wanted to contact him try his facebook fan page.. It is spelled Skyler on his fan page BTW. I've known him for years and i thought it was Skylar too.... I'll have to ask him i guess...lol
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Skyler-Woodward-Fan-Page/147191111991355

Last edited:

Badbeat13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This thread was a good read. I thought I'd just be checking out the details
on Skyler's victory, but it was much more than that...lol

Congrats to this young man though, bright future in pool indeed.

Put_upor_shutup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you think he's the first young kid to be a good player? Bergman played skylars speed when he was 15..Justin hall played his speed when he was 15..Tyler strawn played his speed when he was 15...I work so I can't run around making games to prove my point..but he's around them guys all the time and hasn't asked to play them yet...what a coincidence.

I actually saw two ppl ask him to play after he won the tourney and he declined them both. I won't say who but they are both non top 75 nine ball players.

punter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I actually saw two ppl ask him to play after he won the tourney and he declined them both. I won't say who but they are both non top 75 nine ball players.

Was it that he didn't want to play at that moment, or didn't want to play them at all?

Edit: My point being maybe after a long tournament he wanted to rest or eat or whatever.

mosconiac

Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
Silver Member
^^ buzz kill. Let the hype men speak.

Pretty soon he'll be the #1 rated player in the PI,
leading the US at the Mosconi Cup,
& the default World Champ...no one will show up because they can't win anyway.

Speaking of Mosconi, old Willie is lucky this kid wasn't born in the 30's, he'd have mopped the floor with the old man.

Bmaker12

Registered
I think we just need to enjoy Skyler's victory and wish him well. I don't think he is running around bragging about who he can beat. Again he is a 20 year old that has worked on his game and reaping some rewards from hard work.I have no idea where he ranks and he probably doesn't care either as he is just enjoying playing pool and traveling. Anybody that has met this young man knows he is enjoyable to be around and a great young man. He has decided to get a pool education and try to play with the world's best pool players and I am sure he will pass some classes and fail some also. Some of thes forum guys make him out to be the next great one and he isn't that type. He is very humble, comes from a good family, so lets just let him play pool and have a good time.

ScottyDzntKnow

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think we just need to enjoy Skyler's victory and wish him well. I don't think he is running around bragging about who he can beat. Again he is a 20 year old that has worked on his game and reaping some rewards from hard work.I have no idea where he ranks and he probably doesn't care either as he is just enjoying playing pool and traveling. Anybody that has met this young man knows he is enjoyable to be around and a great young man. He has decided to get a pool education and try to play with the world's best pool players and I am sure he will pass some classes and fail some also. Some of thes forum guys make him out to be the next great one and he isn't that type. He is very humble, comes from a good family, so lets just let him play pool and have a good time.

I agree he wouldn't want people saying nobody wants to play him and blah blah..he's a smart kid and knows where he stands with his game.

Woof Biscuit

and gravy
Silver Member

I agree with this. It's just amazing to me how some people run around this forum barking about action and talking crazy when they clearly don't have a clue. My only wish is that they lived closer or visited the Action Room more frequently. If they put their money where their mouth is they would be in the soup line.

corpse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Best post of the thread

tommyceilings

The Netherland Nihilator
Silver Member
I agree, and when the woofer said he didn't know Evgeny, then I knew that he knew nothing about action, or maybe even pool.

I agree with this. It's just amazing to me how some people run around this forum barking about action and talking crazy when they clearly don't have a clue. My only wish is that they lived closer or visited the Action Room more frequently. If they put their money where their mouth is they would be in the soup line.