JB Cases

Jon Manning

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's what I thought. I'll scratch that question off my list, thanks for the info.

Last edited:

SC02GTP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can't buy a better case than the Rugged for the money. Do yourself a favor and buy one and you will see for yourself. Best protection for your cues hands down.

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yep China.

And as someone who buys American more than most, I proudly own a JB case because the quality is excellent and superior to all but the best custom case makers here. I'll take my Fields case first any day (not that you can find one) but for an affordable option the Rugged can't be beat. And this is coming from someone who has US made shirts, boots, jeans, wallet, etc. I'm not afraid to spend significantly more money for a quality product.

Jon Manning

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really do appreciate all the feedback! I've always preferred to buy American, but it's not a deal breaker. I've been doing some research into a good case and JB is on the radar, still have a good bit of looking and asking questions to do, before I pull the trigger on two new cases. One will be a dealer style to keep the cue collection safe in the safe, the other will be my EDC to the pool hall, most likely a 2x4. Right now I'm carrying a 4x8 and just rotating cues, but I really don't think the Butterfly case I use is what is best, and don't want to carry the extra cues to the pool hall (just in case it gets stolen). And, before you say, just put two cues in the 4x8, as stated above, I don't think butterfly cases are what is best for cues.
Again, thank y'all very much for the info.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was just looking at them.
In your opinion... what offers better protection for the long term storage of cues, the sleeve style (like JB uses), or the tube style (like Whitten uses)?

Well, I have numerous cases for storage.

I really prefer 1x2 Fellini tube style cases, not Whitten, though I do respect Whitten cases. But for larger storage I love my "Barrel Case". It isn't a JB case, it is something I converted for use as a cue case, but it is the same idea.

picture.php

I guess it depends on how many cues you want to store.

My better cues have their own cases:

IMG_0965.JPG

I have a lot more than that, those are just examples.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
China.
Also sometimes it seems that the maker him/her self put their name on YOUR case.....lol
Ain't no way I'm getting this. lol
I don't understand...Put their name on your case? Do you mean you don't want the maker to put their logo on the case they made?

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I was just looking at them.
In your opinion... what offers better protection for the long term storage of cues, the sleeve style (like JB uses), or the tube style (like Whitten uses)?
I personally believe padded protection is best. Our cases are used by a lot of collectors. If individual tubes then there should be padding. If fabric cavities the cues should have padding between each part.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Well, I have numerous cases for storage.

I really prefer 1x2 Fellini tube style cases, not Whitten, though I do respect Whitten cases. But for larger storage I love my "Barrel Case". It isn't a JB case, it is something I converted for use as a cue case, but it is the same idea.

picture.php

I guess it depends on how many cues you want to store.

My better cues have their own cases:

IMG_0965.JPG

I have a lot more than that, those are just examples.
That's a literal barrel! Pretty cool.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I really do appreciate all the feedback! I've always preferred to buy American, but it's not a deal breaker. I've been doing some research into a good case and JB is on the radar, still have a good bit of looking and asking questions to do, before I pull the trigger on two new cases. One will be a dealer style to keep the cue collection safe in the safe, the other will be my EDC to the pool hall, most likely a 2x4. Right now I'm carrying a 4x8 and just rotating cues, but I really don't think the Butterfly case I use is what is best, and don't want to carry the extra cues to the pool hall (just in case it gets stolen). And, before you say, just put two cues in the 4x8, as stated above, I don't think butterfly cases are what is best for cues.
Again, thank y'all very much for the info.

Buy one with the backpack straps - you will thank me and everybody else that recommends this later.
Jason

DaveM

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Buy one with the backpack straps - you will thank me and everybody else that recommends this later.
Jason

Yep, I have a couple of JB cases and they're great. But, I did opt for the backpack straps at SBE this year. Not to wear as a "backpack", I just find them a little more comfortable over the shoulder.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yep, I have a couple of JB cases and they're great. But, I did opt for the backpack straps at SBE this year. Not to wear as a "backpack", I just find them a little more comfortable over the shoulder.

Got a 4/8 Hybrid Rugged w/back straps at 2016 SBE. The case is 100% quality.... function and looks. JB's are a cut above. Could not care less where it was made. I bought other makers cases for triple the money made in USA and they have flaws.

KAP1976

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Jason

Saw Sky Woodward with that case at the Expo and it was eye-catching. PM'd JB about it a couple of days ago but I'm sure he's swamped and catching up from being away.