Votes: 8 9.4%
  • Other

Votes: 43 50.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sloppy Pockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:D:D Yep. I just need a few marathon practice sessions to find my groove and I'll be good to go.

I'll give Pat Fleming a call. Maybe he can help find us some sponsors and do the streaming for us.

Sandcastles would be a great venue. I love this idea, let's "Make It Happen".

Sloppy Pockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How about we play our opposite way.

I hit center ball on every shot & you hit with "extreme" english on every shot.

That way we might see who is more versatile & capable.

Cool! I can spin the ball real good, I was just trying to give you some weight there, buddy.

How 'bout you and me on the undercard to the main event?:thumbup:

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
I would consider taking the back pain of traveling to NY to see Fran Crimi play Scott Lee live on a 9 or 10 foot table.

Perhaps a stream of that could be set up with the winner getting the proceeds or 50%.

I think it would bring in some considerable $$$$.

No, it would not be a huge "money maker". The reason being as most folks don't HATE one or the other. So, it's not the grudge match you believe it to be. Folks just recognize they are both great instructors and it would mean diddly squat who won between Fran or Scott. Nor do I think folks would pay to watch it imho. Though, to pay to watch a few dozen instructors, well, yeah, not saying that would not be interesting.

It would be about the same as Joe Maddon (manager of the Cubs) taking on Don Mattingly (manager of the Marlins) to see who the best hitter is. Well, since Don was a HOF caliber player with a long pro career, we already know who wins. Who takes his team next to the World Series is yet to be determined but the odds on favorites are the Cubs, not the Marlins.

Nobody sits around arguing about who the best hitting coach is in the country, and certainly not folks that have never actually used their services.

PS: If this did happen, it should be in the Midwest, so folks from the West don't have to travel 4000 miles. Maybe St. Louis. yeah, you thought I was gonna say Chicago ;)

Maybe Mr. Wilson will allow his University billiard room to be the nice, neutral location.

Last edited:

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, it would not be a huge "money maker". The reason being as most folks don't HATE one or the other. So, it's not the grudge match you believe it to be. Folks just recognize they are both great instructors and it would mean diddly squat who won between Fran or Scott. Nor do I think folks would pay to watch it imho. Though, to pay to watch a few dozen instructors, well, yeah, not saying that would not be interesting.

It would be about the same as Joe Maddon (manager of the Cubs) taking on Don Mattingly (manager of the Marlins) to see who the best hitter is. Well, since Don was a HOF caliber player with a long pro career, we already know who wins. Who takes his team next to the World Series is yet to be determined but the odds on favorites are the Cubs, not the Marlins.

Nobody sits around arguing about who the best hitting coach is in the country, and certainly not folks that have never actually used their services.

Well I'm not sure how serious anyone is being about this but think about this for a second in regards to grudge matches. CTE imo created the largest flame wars AZ has ever seen. So how about this, since JB is an instructor now maybe he could play being coached by Stan. You could plug in a long line of folks for the other half of that match. I think that has huge potential for viewership. And yes I am already regretting saying this as I type lol.

RJ, do you still have that cue in your basement? Is that still going on or did everyone kinda give up?

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Well I'm not sure how serious anyone is being about this but think about this for a second in regards to grudge matches. CTE imo created the largest flame wars AZ has ever seen. So how about this, since JB is an instructor now maybe he could play being coached by Stan. You could plug in a long line of folks for the other half of that match. I think that has huge potential for viewership. And yes I am already regretting saying this as I type lol.

RJ, do you still have that cue in your basement? Is that still going on or did everyone kinda give up?

Well, you bring in JB, and you gonna sell tickets ;) C'mon.

At first I didn't like JB, then I kinda liked him, then I hated myself that I liked him so then I decided I didn't like him anymore. But then I forgot why I didn't like him, and decided to like him again ;) Then I bought a JB case (delivery any day now) So, JB, hurry up already or I won't like you anymore :wink:

Yes, JB shooting with Stan coaching in a one pocket match... I LIKE IT.

PS: Yes, I still have that "cue" in my basement. Please, for the love of God, tell me where to send it :)

Last edited:

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Cool! I can spin the ball real good, I was just trying to give you some weight there, buddy.

How 'bout you and me on the undercard to the main event?:thumbup:

I said I would "consider" enduring the back pain of traveling to NY for that other event, which is not ever going to happen.

Making me play "every" shot with "maximum" english it not giving me any weight.

Unlike some, I do not see a pool match as a resolution of matters of the mind.

Our playing under any condition would prove nothing. I've lost to an individual once & then trounced them every time thereafter.
I've also had trouble beating certain individuals but then started doing so rather consistently to where we played rather even & the reverse has happened too.

Wolf all you want in as many ways as you want. I'm not a child & I'm not Marty McFly either.

Last edited:

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, you bring in JB, and you gonna sell tickets ;) C'mon.

At first I didn't like JB, then I kinda liked him, then I hated myself that I liked him so then I decided I didn't like him anymore. But then I forgot why I didn't like him again, and decided to like him again ;) Then I bought a JB case (delivery any day now) So, JB, hurry up already or I want like you anymore :wink:

Yes, JB shooting with Stan coaching in a one pocket match... I LIKE IT.

PS: Yes, I still have that "cue" in my basement. Please, for the love of God, tell me where to send it :)

Lol too funny! I was same way with JB☺ I'll pm you in a little bit with details thanks.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member

You understand that it's way more than what RJ tried to make it out to be.

Others do too.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Sorry, what are you referring to?

In some instances it is not about saying that so & so plays way better so they must be a better instructor.

I don't think anyone was even thinking that until RJ brought that up.

There are other issues that might be in play regarding why one might pull for one instructor to win over another instructor.

Last edited:

Sloppy Pockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I said I would "consider" enduring the back pain of traveling to NY for that other event, which is not ever going to happen.

Making me play "every" shot with "maximum" english it not giving me any weight.

Unlike some, I do not see a pool match as a resolution of matters of the mind.

Our playing under any condition would prove nothing. I've lost to an individual once & then trounced them every time thereafter.
I've also had trouble beating certain individuals but then stared doing so rather consistently to where we played rather even & the reverse has happened too.

Wolf all you want in as many ways as you want. I'm not a child & I'm not Marty McFly either.

No, denying me the use of spin is the handicap, silly. ;)

I'm not trying to prove anything. Just want to have a taste of your best game is all. If you play as good as you act here, I'm sure you'd probably whoop me pretty good. I suck, really, ask Fran. But if I woof at you here, trust me, I'm willing to get in the box with you for all the world to see. What's the worst that can happen, somebody posts a bunch of stills of my bad playing here on AZB? I've suffered worse embarrassments.

This probably won't come to pass, but I may possibly be in your neck of the woods when my son's movie premiers in New Orleans. I'd be happy to meet you for a friendly game or two of just about anything you want to play. Except for banks, that game is impossible.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
No, denying me the use of spin is the handicap, silly. ;)

I'm not trying to prove anything. Just want to have a taste of your best game is all. If you play as good as you act here, I'm sure you'd probably whoop me pretty good. I suck, really, ask Fran. But if I woof at you here, trust me, I'm willing to get in the box with you for all the world to see. What's the worst that can happen, somebody posts a bunch of stills of my bad playing here on AZB? I've suffered worse embarrassments.

This probably won't come to pass, but I may possibly be in your neck of the woods when my son's movie premiers in New Orleans. I'd be happy to meet you for a friendly game or two of just about anything you want to play. Except for banks, that game is impossible.

If you were not 'hostile' toward me as you have been that might have been nice as we rather often have had similar 'opinions' on some topics.

If we were to play banks I'd only do it on a Brunswick. I've only seen One Diamond table that I do not call a Devil in a Blue Dress & that is because it was redone.

Sloppy Pockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry, what are you referring to?

I think it referred to the comments made by RJ about the nature of the relationship between Fran Crimi and Scott Lee. I don't think there is anything approaching hatred going on, but professionally speaking, they have clashed enough on AZB that I don't believe there is any love lost between the two of them, either. I would consider it a grudge match of sorts if it ever took place. Maybe not of JB/LF proportions, but I don't think either of them would like to leave as the loser, either.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
In some instances it is not about saying that so & so plays way better so they must be a better instructor.

I don't think anyone was eve thinking that until RJ brought that up.

There are other issues that might be in play regarding why one might pull for one instructor to win over another instructor.

yes, Rick, you are so "difficult" to figure out. What was I thinking :p

Sloppy Pockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If we were to play banks I'd only do it on a Brunswick. I've only seen One Diamond table that I do not call a Devil in a Blue Dress & that is because it was redone.

Like I said, no banks for me. 14.1 or one-hole would be best for me, then maybe 8-ball. Rotation games are my weak point because I can't break good (unless we were to use a racking template, then my 9-ball break is passable), but I'm willing to give it a good go.

I have no idea when the movie is coming out. It's a small indie project. Who knows, maybe it will never come out. If and when it does, though, the plan is to fly down there for it. I will let you know. It'd be fun to meet some of the NOLA players, especially Joey A. Maybe we can settle our differences on the table. That's the civilized way for pool players, right? To let our sticks do the talking?

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
;)
I think it referred to the comments made by RJ about the nature of the relationship between Fran Crimi and Scott Lee. I don't think there is anything approaching hatred going on, but professionally speaking, they have clashed enough on AZB that I don't believe there is any love lost between the two of them, either. I would consider it a grudge match of sorts if it ever took place. Maybe not of JB/LF proportions, but I don't think either of them would like to leave as the loser, either.

I will participate in a match against Scott or anyone else but only in a tournament setting. I don't do grudge matches. In tournaments, I treat all opponents equally --- well, almost....;)

Last edited: