let's stir the pot alittle, cuemaker you can care less about owning

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
let the hate begin. this will not end well. since the best cuemaker thread is useless, since you just name the cue you currently own or trying to sell, lets name the cuemaker you couldn't wait to sell or don't ever want to own. this is the real measure of cue building. I am going to be crucified, I bet you the first to answer is a cuemaker who will try to discredit this. hahahahahaha sorry..........

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
I wouldn't mind owning any cue... there are just some cuemakers that I would rather not risk paying in advance to get one.

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
I wouldn't mind owning any cue... there are just some cuemakers that I would rather not risk paying in advance to get one.

such as??? I can name one or two from previous threads ive read.
pruhliere, DP, zinzola, gracio, and so on..........lol, I own two of those names. they are causing problems for their customers, be it money or time or quality or disaapesring off the face of the earth,

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Let's name three.

Tony Zinzola

Eddie aka Wheat Cue

Last Aaron Painter, not sure if he build or just tried to repair, but he make my top three.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Do we really need more negative bullshit on this forum?
Chuck

Chuck it's midnight may I ask why you are up, not up making Cue Cases if you are up? You should be swamped with order for those great Cue Cases.

I have an excuse, Health Problems, mind that will not shut down to sleep, and a 93 y/o father dealing with very old age problems.

Color yesterday 8/4/2014 S**t yellow.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
CAN care less or can't care less?
I don't know if Eddie W still works these days but I was sent one of his cues one time.
It looked like a high school project.

Last edited:

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i believe we do Chuck. A better question would be: Why do some people have a need to try to control what people talk about?

Not trying to control anything, just tired of the constant negativity this board has become in recent years.
Chuck

nineballsafety8

6ft 5" 285, hits 'em hard
Silver Member
well since everyone is dancing around the question, I will give my $.02

There are two cue makers that make very nice cues, that both play well (from what I have heard), but I have ZERO interest in ever owning one.
Dan Dishaw
John Barioni

Both of these are due to the piss poor attitude that I have heard from both of them. Barioni was via threads on AZB (arguing with Eric Crisp and Thomas Wayne if I remember correctly), and Dan Dishaw was about a phone conversation that I personally had with him many years ago. He pretty much told me that the cue I wanted would be ugly, and he didn't want to build it, so for it to be worth his time, he was going to charge me an extra $500 to build an ugly cue.

Customer service, and "likeability" are major factors in what makes the cue buying experience enjoyable for me. If you are not someone I would want to sit down and have a beer with, or shoot the breeze... I likely will never own one of your cues. These two gentlemen (while accomplish and competent cuemakers) pretty much pissed on any interest I would ever have in them.

Last edited:

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Both of these are due to the piss poor attitude that I have heard from both of them. Barioni was via threads on AZB (arguing with Eric Crisp and Thomas Wayne if I remember correctly), and Dan Dishaw was about a phone conversation that I personally had with him many years ago. He pretty much told me that the cue I wanted would be ugly, and he didn't want to build it, so for it to be worth his time, he was going to charge me an extra $500 to build an ugly cue.

I got the same type of response from Mike Johnson, except it wasn't a phone call and it was $750 instead of $500. His exact words were "It's gonna play like s*#@!"

I later asked another cuemaker to build the cue and they were more than happy to. BTW, I asked for a curly maple merry widow, he wanted me to buy a $1,300 Jensen that was ugly as sin.

nineballsafety8

6ft 5" 285, hits 'em hard
Silver Member
I got the same type of response from Mike Johnson, except it wasn't a phone call and it was $750 instead of $500. His exact words were "It's gonna play like s*#@!"

I later asked another cuemaker to build the cue and they were more than happy to. BTW, I asked for a curly maple merry widow, he wanted me to buy a $1,300 Jensen that was ugly as sin.

I completely agree, it is rediculous. I wanted a mahogany (yes you heard me right) and birdseye plain jain wrapless, cored with straight grain maple. He told me that mahogany was too ugly to go in any cue, and to put his name on such an atrocity would cost me an extra $500 on top of normal build cost.

Why mahogany you ask? Because I am a drummer, and it is one of my favorite tone woods. Good enough for a $800 solid shell Craviotto snare drum, good enough for a cue.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
I completely agree, it is rediculous. I wanted a mahogany (yes you heard me right) and birdseye plain jain wrapless, cored with straight grain maple. He told me that mahogany was too ugly to go in any cue, and to put his name on such an atrocity would cost me an extra $500 on top of normal build cost.

Why mahogany you ask? Because I am a drummer, and it is one of my favorite tone woods. Good enough for a $800 solid shell Craviotto snare drum, good enough for a cue.

Yet, they build $10K pool tables out of Mahogany. I think it would be a great wood for a cue... nice change a pace from all the BE maple and Ebony ;)