An Apology To Mark Wilson

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
I agree 100%. America's 2nd best player by a mile isn't on the team, but that's neither here nor there. Mark had 8 guys to choose from and he made his choices.

So true....Terrell Owens was and incredible NFL player and Allen Iverson in the NBA but coaches and staff, look at other aspects and concerns to make their final decisions. How about the HS football team and their recent hazing concerns, and then ending their ENTIRE football season. Respect is not a given, it must be earned.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Be sure to taste your words before you spit them out.

I wouldn't want to be Mark Wilson right now. He's being raked over the coals at every turn. No matter what he does, someone isn't going to be happy. In fact, no matter what he does, someone is going to be flat out angry. He's in a no-win situation, and if the U.S. team loses, it will be all the more worse for him.

Apologies are good, but the damage is done.

You couldn't meet a nicer, more sincere guy, and when it comes to pool, Mark knows his stuff. He's one of the most decent people who's been in the spotlight in our sport in a very long time.

And what's his reward? Nasty, condescending comments from people who feel the urgent need to type whatever goes through their mind at the moment.

I hate to say that I agree with what you say but only because it is so very true.

Brian, at least has the character to apologize for what could be called an "Internet Moment."

The fact is that doing good in the pool world must be its only reward because there will always be a dissenter waiting to pounce and have their perverted day in the sun.

Let's hope that the USA Mosconi Cup Team puts the ants on the Euro Team. :D

JoeyA

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
I agree 100%. America's 2nd best player by a mile isn't on the team, but that's neither here nor there. Mark had 8 guys to choose from and he made his choices.

Mark didn't have 8 guys to choose from, he chose 8 guys. Why Mike Dechaine wasn't one of those 8 but John Schimdt was doesn't add up.

Last year at Derby (is that February?) Mark had sit downs with players he wanted to put into this group of 8. Mark didn't make eye contact with Dechiane yet John makes that cut... So if the final 8 was made based off 2013, it makes far less sense.

L7Tz2Ja.png

pro9dg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Rest assured, I read this over and over and over and over .... I really hope you're wrong here. If these five were not Mark's choices, which is very believable given who was named to the team, but instead some of the selections were made by, or influenced by Matchroom, then it's disgraceful. If this is the case, then Mark has been cheated here of the chance to go to battle with America's best, and American fans who believe that a Mosconi Cup spot has to be earned through sustained competitive excellence and hard work have been deceived.

Mark picked the 12 players then he cut 3 from that squad to make the 8 that he has
supported all summer (one player withdrew). They were the choice of Mark alone.
When he reduced them down to five again it was his decision only.
Now somebody fabricates a story that they present as fact that Matchroom influenced the final selection process. That is sheer bunkum and questions Mark's integrity.

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mark didn't have 8 guys to choose from, he chose 8 guys. Why Mike Dechaine wasn't one of those 8 but John Schimdt was doesn't add up.

Last year at Derby (is that February?) Mark had sit downs with players he wanted to put into this group of 8. Mark didn't make eye contact with Dechiane yet John makes that cut... So if the final 8 was made based off 2013, it makes far less sense.

L7Tz2Ja.png

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^

I sat with Mike at the Turning Stone event and had a meal. Didn't even bring this up because I didn't want to upset him during the tournament. To me, his absence makes the least sense out of any of it.

liakos

Banned

L7Tz2Ja.png

Maybe Mark just doesn't like Mike! That's not too hard to believe;)

Anyway, I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Mark is already working on Mike for next year. Mike has publicly stated he knows he has an attitude problem! ( If you don't think so, then your blind to that fact)

Mike's game is not, or has ever been the issue with him not making the team, it's been his attitude! Maybe he will make the change, maybe he won't time will tell!

Look at it another way, with all the Mike haters out there, there going to want to watch him lose, and that, to me, brings moral down for the team! I'll be the first to say it, if I don't like someone on a team, I'm NOT routing for them! I want and will be the one screaming the loudest, "USA USA USA USA USA"! But also, if there are people I don't like on the team, I have no problem routing for my countryman, Ekonomopoulos!!!!! I will always stand behind the USA as long as like the players, if I dont like them, see ya;)

This is also another angle people need to look at. Mark is doing a fine job, even if they don't win, at least be is making his efforts to make a REAL "TEAM USA"!

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Mike has publicly stated he knows he has an attitude problem! ( If you don't think so, then your blind to that fact)

And my whole point was that... John's attitude, a lot of times, can be much worse. You might not know that, but a lot of people do. At least Mike plays pool on a regular basis, preforms well and doesn't tell all of Facebook how pool is a waste of time.

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
Mark Wilson doesn't read AZB, so you're good!
Don/Williebetmore might mention your original thread to him - and hopefully will mention this one as well.

i'm sure that Mark is making his choices for specific reasons. if there were more disclosure & communication, then perhaps the AZB fans (MC customers) could better understand & rumours would stop.

Brian, i actually thought it was a typo (like JB), of Wincompoop. you might should have gone w/ this excuse....

it takes a big man to own it. well done.

Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Mark picked the 12 players then he cut 3 from that squad to make the 8 that he has
supported all summer (one player withdrew). They were the choice of Mark alone.
When he reduced them down to five again it was his decision only.
Now somebody fabricates a story that they present as fact that Matchroom influenced the final selection process. That is sheer bunkum and questions Mark's integrity.

First of all, how do you know this?

Second, this does not question Mark's integrity in the least. If Mark was not given the latitude that a coach of Team USA deserves, it's Matchroom's integrity that's under fire, not Mark's.

Mark is one of the great men of pool in the US. All of us who know him understand this in full.

Wilson is a doosche gonna fall flat on his face . If you can't win at least enjoy the ride to the bottom. What a disgrace. Kicking you got nothing to apologize for. It's a clusterf#!k.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is the correct attitude, and I have said it over and over...Team USA has been chosen. Get behind them and support them 100%. The whiners need to grow up and start acting like adults, and American fans of the sport...not just particular players that didn't make the team or the cut. Great post Jamie! :thumbup:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

This is part of the USA MC culture that has to change. I do not see threads bashing the Euros decisions on who makes the team, they just rally around their team that is chosen while the US has to face constant criticism.

Let's let Mark make the decisions and support him 100%. All this second guessing will not help team USA in any way.

So true....Terrell Owens was and incredible NFL player and Allen Iverson in the NBA but coaches and staff, look at other aspects and concerns to make their final decisions. How about the HS football team and their recent hazing concerns, and then ending their ENTIRE football season. Respect is not a given, it must be earned.

Mike might have gotten a little pissy when he lost.

This isn't miss America here boys. The level of faggetry here is astounding.

This isn't supposed to be a popularity contest, it's a game of skill.

Mike runs circles around the other 4 guys on this team. That's undeniable. Anything else is brainwashed BS.

Somebody wanna take 3 to 1 on the money for USA? PM me for action...