Congratulations to Justin Bergman and Sky Woodward Team USA Mosconi Cup

Teacherman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I propose that for one year....next year....we keep the same 5 guys. And after this year's Mosconi Cup they travel and train together for the 2016 Mosconi Cup. There could....and should be....several events (10 -15 events) across the country in billiard rooms that raises money for their support through admissions and stream. They train together and play together as much as schedules allow (while still allowing them time for other important events). During these events they compete against tough competition in tough environments. Maybe we invite Phillippino or Taiwan teams or other teams to provide some of the competition.

After next year....we pick the next Cup players based on a point system similar to the one used this year and after the current Mosconi Cup the new team starts to go through the travel and training cycle again.

This could be a huge lift for pool. The team could go to as many (all) regions of the country in their training year and the locals could come out and watch and support them. I know I would be excited to see them when they came to my area. This would grow support and anticipation for the event. It could be at a frenzie high by the time they start the Cup match with tons of national interest. Maybe we could get some media coverage as we go city to city.

If we could get the best juniors in each area to provide an 'opening act' at each event then we have the start of a worthy youth program that encourages the kids to pursue the game.

Open to all ideas. But....getting the team for a year BEFORE the Cup....traveling and training together as much as schedules allow....will do two things. Build their games through training....and build the team chemistry.

Making this financially feasible FOR THE PLAYERS....is key.

I volunteer to host the first event. :D And more....

Last edited:

pro9dg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I propose that for one year....next year....we keep the same 5 guys. And after this year's Mosconi Cup they travel and train together for the 2016 Mosconi Cup. There could....and should be....several events (10 -15 events) across the country in billiard rooms that raises money for their support through admissions and stream. They train together and play together as much as schedules allow (while still allowing them time for other important events). During these events they compete against tough competition in tough environments. Maybe we invite Phillippino or Taiwan teams or other teams to provide some of the competition.

After next year....we pick the next Cup players based on a point system similar to the one used this year and after the current Mosconi Cup the new team starts to go through the travel and training cycle again.

This could be a huge lift for pool. The team could go to as many (all) regions of the country in their training year and the locals could come out and watch and support them. I know I would be excited to see them when they came to my area. This would grow support and anticipation for the event. It could be at a frenzie high by the time they start the Cup match with tons of national interest. Maybe we could get some media coverage as we go city to city.

If we could get the best juniors in each area to provide an 'opening act' at each event then we have the start of a worthy youth program that encourages the kids to pursue the game.

Open to all ideas. But....getting the team for a year BEFORE the Cup....traveling and training together as much as schedules allow....will do two things. Build their games through training....and build the team chemistry.

Probably the most constructive post on this subject since Mark became captain almost two years. This is the path that Mark has tried to follow since he took the job but logistics and lack of money stymied him.
The critical part is going in to 2016 with his 2015 team intact

Solomon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The prediction is only in question because of the logic used to create it, which is comparable.
Yeah, okay.

troll.jpg

Busboy

Wanna Play Some?
Silver Member

Mark was saying something along these lines at the Durbin cup I think it would be great