Shane Has Won World Titles

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
It's like when Lou waxed you , he became the king of the hill between you 2 and if you ever get the chance to have a shot of beating him , ( although chances area almost non existent ) you are going to play on his terms or your not playing ,,
The Ko boys need no pat on the back losers need that , pat away
Lou didn't wax me but I can see how you would prefer to see it that way. I doubt Shane is bothered by it. You seem much more upset on Ko's behalf. Next time I am in Taiwan I will try and get you an autograph or maybe a boy band style poster for your bedroom.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Who knows. Maybe they just prefer living life with their friends and family. I do not know how well they speak English but if they have to use a translator for everything then that must get tiresome. Probably one of the reasons Shane won't spend much time in Asia in the future as well.

Shane probably has a slight edge in a race to 100 just for the fact that he has played so many of them. Who knows if any of those guys have ever played a race that long. It would be a great match to see, but I doubt it will ever happen. I really doubt those guys think Shane is better than they are though.....
Maybe. Why the assumption that they don't speak English? They go to Japan, the Philippines, Indonesia, Korea etc...to play.

In my experience most Asians don't speak other Asian languages than the one they grew up with.

All I am saying and which remains a fact is that Shane's team has made multiple offers to Ko's people to play a big set. No counter offer has been made AFAIK...no offer for Shane to go there....

So whatever the reasons for them not coming are Shane and the money behind him, and the money that makes up the prize funds he takes quite a bit of, is in the USA.

If it were me I'd be in the USA as often as possible vacuuming up all the cash I could if I played KO speed.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lou didn't wax me but I can see how you would prefer to see it that way. I doubt Shane is bothered by it. You seem much more upset on Ko's behalf. Next time I am in Taiwan I will try and get you an autograph or maybe a boy band style poster for your bedroom.

Ya you got waxed , Lou was in control, clearly the better player if he didn't take his foot off the peddle it would been basicly a walkover ,, Na JB I don't need no posters or autographs like you have of Shane I'm into woman you thanks anyway

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe. Why the assumption that they don't speak English? They go to Japan, the Philippines, Indonesia, Korea etc...to play.

In my experience most Asians don't speak other Asian languages than the one they grew up with.

All I am saying and which remains a fact is that Shane's team has made multiple offers to Ko's people to play a big set. No counter offer has been made AFAIK...no offer for Shane to go there....

So whatever the reasons for them not coming are Shane and the money behind him, and the money that makes up the prize funds he takes quite a bit of, is in the USA.

If it were me I'd be in the USA as often as possible vacuuming up all the cash I could if I played KO speed.

Yes this coming from mr credibility and no one else has heard a peep till now ,,
Obviously they don't need to be here to make cash ,

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

No assumption here. I said I do not know how well they speak English. The fact is they did not play in the US Open which is the biggest tournament in the United States. This makes me think they have other reasons for not making the trip to the states.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Yes this coming from mr credibility and no one else has heard a peep till now ,,
Obviously they don't need to be here to make cash ,

You're right again, so basically everyone can stay home and do what makes them happy. And what makes Shane happy is snapping off tournaments in the USA and being on top of the worldwide money list.

He burps and loses an exhibition set against Ko for pocket change and then threepeats at the US Open to snap off 30k.

Shane's sponsorship money from Cuetec is probably more than Ko made all last year.

So yeah, "obviously" they don't need to be here making easy money off the lesser skilled Americans.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
This thread is a really good one in so many ways, reminding us all of just how great the rivalries are at the top of the game.

A year ago, I considered Shane, Dennis and Darren the big three, but surely Ko belongs in the conversation.

This year, we saw Ko's brilliance firsthand in his 10-ball exhibition vs Shane and then again in the US Open 10-ball at the CSI pro events. We saw Dennis win the Master of the Table at Derby City. We saw Darren outplay both Shane and Dennis to win the Accu-stats all around event, and we saw Darren take gold at both the World Cup of Pool and the World 14.1. As for Shane, what can you say? He won the nine ball and the ten ball at Derby City and won at Super Billiards Expo, as usual. We saw him dominate the strongest ever field at the US Open this month.

When the big four are playing each other, the fans are always the winners!

itsfroze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This thread is a really good one in so many ways, reminding us all of just how great the rivalries are at the top of the game.

A year ago, I considered Shane, Dennis and Darren the big three, but surely Ko belongs in the conversation.

This year, we saw Ko's brilliance firsthand in his 10-ball exhibition vs Shane and then again in the US Open 10-ball at the CSI pro events. We saw Dennis win the Master of the Table at Derby City. We saw Darren outplay both Shane and Dennis to win the Accu-stats all around event, and we saw Darren take gold at both the World Cup of Pool and the World 14.1. As for Shane, what can you say? He won the nine ball and the ten ball at Derby City and won at Super Billiards Expo, as usual. We saw him dominate the strongest ever field at the US Open this month.

When the big four are playing each other, the fans are always the winners!

I wonder if we'll ever see the Ko's play in the U.S. again ?

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I wonder if we'll ever see the Ko's play in the U.S. again ?

The Derby would seem obvious, but Jay has observed that the Taiwanese players don't play banks and one-pocket, meaning they couldn't contend for Master of the Table, and that makes the Derby less attractive to them.

The flip side of the argument is that there's action galore at the Derby, so if the right games were pre-arranged, you never know.

Obviously, the two Ko brothers and JL Chang were awesome in Vegas, so we'd all like to see more of the Taiwanese.

Still, truth be told, the Taiwanese appearances on American soil have been few over the years, so it's hard to be optimistic.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You're right again, so basically everyone can stay home and do what makes them happy. And what makes Shane happy is snapping off tournaments in the USA and being on top of the worldwide money list.

He burps and loses an exhibition set against Ko for pocket change and then threepeats at the US Open to snap off 30k.

Shane's sponsorship money from Cuetec is probably more than Ko made all last year.

So yeah, "obviously" they don't need to be here making easy money off the lesser skilled Americans.

Yep he burps and does the same exhibition to 100 and the huggers such as yourself proclaim it to be the beat all end all ,, all while He is sponsored by cheap Chinese made cues ,, something you can surely relate to no wonder he's your hero

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Interesting there is connection between fishing and top pool players
Dennis was formerly fisherman who became full time pool player. Yang was pool player who is now almost full time fishing
Shane is now fishing
:D

actionplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
after the waay griffin treated them at the CSI? doubt they will be back anytime soon. ko gets told he wont get paid unless he plays shane who has already been eliminated..yes great rules

but again like JVB john van barton says shane is the untouchable even tho contrary to this thread he has not won a world championship, alex pulled his pants down in race to 100, ko violated him again playing C speed, alex torched him for 2g a game one pocket he wont play frost without getting 9-8

and he wont even play an action match unless its rack your own with wooden rack like he did to cocoy, ye what a hero

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
after the waay griffin treated them at the CSI? doubt they will be back anytime soon. ko gets told he wont get paid unless he plays shane who has already been eliminated..yes great rules

but again like JVB john van barton says shane is the untouchable even tho contrary to this thread he has not won a world championship, alex pulled his pants down in race to 100, ko violated him again playing C speed, alex torched him for 2g a game one pocket he wont play frost without getting 9-8

and he wont even play an action match unless its rack your own with wooden rack like he did to cocoy, ye what a hero

I never said Shane is untouchable or unbeatable. don't confuse me with other people. I bet on alex when he was 17 games down against Shane in the first race to 100.

Masayoshi

Fusenshou no Masa
Silver Member
Has Shane ever beaten Ko in 9/10 ball? The only times I know of them running into each other were the Guiness World Series finals a few years back, the CSI 10 ball, and the challenge match with Ko coming out ahead in all three. Ko may or may not be the better player, but it sure seems like Ko has his number (in short rack rotation at least).

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
Has Shane ever beaten Ko in 9/10 ball? The only times I know of them running into each other were the Guiness World Series finals a few years back, the CSI 10 ball, and the challenge match with Ko coming out ahead in all three. Ko may or may not be the better player, but it sure seems like Ko has his number (in short rack rotation at least).

I don't think they've played enough for to say that he's got Shane's number. In a short race it's a crap shoot and in the race to 21 there was a 4 game difference . They've not tested each other yet. I really don't think any human has Shane's number playing 10 ball

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

I think Ko MIGHT be the better player. Technically. Shane has hiccups in his game from time to time.

Ko is after all the guy who ran out a set against Orcullo at the Guiness in the finals after being down 12-3 I think (at large you're on call). Nerves of steel and the stroke to back it up.

Shane has a little bit of frontrunner syndrome where he does really well when out in front but bobbles a little sometimes when people are turning on the heat and coming back.

But as I said and which I admire, is that Shane has a standing offer to play anyone in the race to 100 format for 10k+ - now we can argue about what that really means, Shane's preferred table, his prefered rack, his location etc.... no dispute there but it's still strong to say to the ENTIRE pool world, come to me and you can get played.

Imagine if I said that? The line would stretch across America with people ready to play on any table in any conditions. Shane is offering fair conditions on great equipment and the opportunity to make a lot of money.

All you have to do is show up and beat him.

Masayoshi

Fusenshou no Masa
Silver Member
I think Ko MIGHT be the better player. Technically. Shane has hiccups in his game from time to time.

Ko is after all the guy who ran out a set against Orcullo at the Guiness in the finals after being down 12-3 I think (at large you're on call). Nerves of steel and the stroke to back it up.

Shane has a little bit of frontrunner syndrome where he does really well when out in front but bobbles a little sometimes when people are turning on the heat and coming back.

But as I said and which I admire, is that Shane has a standing offer to play anyone in the race to 100 format for 10k+ - now we can argue about what that really means, Shane's preferred table, his prefered rack, his location etc.... no dispute there but it's still strong to say to the ENTIRE pool world, come to me and you can get played.

Imagine if I said that? The line would stretch across America with people ready to play on any table in any conditions. Shane is offering fair conditions on great equipment and the opportunity to make a lot of money.

I think both Shane and Ko have their weak points. Shane's game is a lot more well rounded than Ko's. He plays a little more precise safeties and kicks. Ko just has so much offensive power, often times it doesn't even matter, but I've seen him play matches where players willing to grind it out against him frustrate him enough to have him start making errors, provided he doesn't break and run them into submission first. I think anyone, including Shane, who tries to go shot for shot with him will end up on the losing end of things.

What utter rubbish.

What you are admiring is a flat track bully.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... Ko is after all the guy who ran out a set against Orcullo at the Guiness in the finals after being down 12-3 I think (at large you're on call). ...

I'll send you another research bill.

The match you're remembering is probably the finals of the Bangkok Brunswick 9-Ball Open in February, 2008 in Bangkok. Ko was 18, Orcollo 29.

Orcollo apparently was ahead 14-4 in a race to 15 and surrendered the table in the next game (scratched?). Ko won that game and the next 10 to take the match 15-14. Some, but not all, of the reports indicate that he broke and ran those last 10 games.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
What utter rubbish.

What you are admiring is a flat track bully.

What I am admiring is a person who stands up and says here is a perfectly great table and $10,000 if you want it.

Shane didn't grow up on Diamond tables. He grew up on Valley bar boxes and gold crowns and running around the country playing everyone on every table.

Now he has the luxury to stand there and say I like this table, it plays like a table should and if you want my money come and get it. He did fly to greece and play Nick for $5000 on a Gold Crown.

He did the same when invited to challenge matches in Switzerland, played on a Gold Crown.

Shane has also not indicated that he WOULDN'T go to Taiwan. To my knowledge no one in Taiwan has offered a match there for any amount.

Shane will be in the Philippines soon partnering with Dennis Orcullo. Ko and team could go there to play Shane easily. Shane will surely be in money matches while he is there. Shane has played money matches on 10ft tables, has played on competitor's personal favorite tables, has played on bar tables. This isn't about Shane refusing to play on any other table.

All anyone has to do to find out what Shane will or won't do is make an offer.

Corvette already said in this thread he will back Shane for 10k against anyone including Orcullo on the tricky table at Hard Times.