Shane Has Won World Titles

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SVB only beat Shaw 100-93 when they played, and could have easily lost by the same score.

So what makes you so confident that Shane would destroy others, who obviously play much better than Shaw, in a race to 100?

Still waiting for an answer.

If Shane barely gets by Shaw in a race to 100, what makes anyone think he breezes past guys that are leaps and bounds ahead of Shaw?

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
I've now come to appreciate the fact that he is indeed the best player on earthor at least from a gambling stand point he is, because he will take on all comers. I do know his main backer though and have actually thought about getting in touch with him about issuing a formal challenge, with Shane's input of course.

And that challenge would be for the match to be played on American soil amirite?

That is the thing about these goofy challenges, they are always "why don't you come to America and play SVB for $20,000!!! What??? No? What are you yellow??? SVB is the BEST EVAR!!!

It is BS. If YOU want to back SVB against a top Asian player then don't make some BS challenge where THEY are the one that needs to pay the expenses to jump on a plane, send their player to a foreign country in a completely different timezone where they do not speak the local language and have to stay in a hotel which costs money AND is not as comfortable or familiar.

You want to prove SVB is the best then how about you SVB and Mars jump on that plane and go to Taiwan and get SVB into action? Planes fly both ways you know right?

It is honestly BS. SVB "has" gone to the Phillipines and matched up there against the best they have to offer. Why is he so scared to go to Taiwan and try doing the same thing over there? Why are his backers so scared of it?

You want to back SVB against the Taiwanese? GO get them, there is ALOT of money over there for the taking if you grow a set and actually go get it.

If this is yet another offer to some player and their backers and their translators to fly half way around the world just to play a match with the one and only player in the USA who would even dream of trying a top Taiwanese player then give it a rest.

You know the difference between SVB going over there and KO coming here? KO has ONE player who would play him in one big match, and that is it. If SVB goes over to Taiwan he has both Ko's, he has Jung Lin Chang, he has Yu Lung Chang, he can probably get Wu to make a short trip over to Taiwan to get some action as well.

I would love to see SVB and his backers and nuthuggers on here grow a set and send him over there to actually match up with the best in the world, but I am certainly not holding my breath, I expect another goofy crappy and uneconomical "offer" for people to fly the other direction spending 30%+ of the total stakes just on flights and hotel and food before the pool even began. And win or lose, that match is the only one they can scrape up in the USA because everyone else would have no prayer.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
oh what did they go into the bathroom to ask for a rematch ,, there were plenty of Shane huggers there if Ko refused a match we would know about it before now ,it's not like they can keep thier mouth shut

Not everyone puts their business on the street. There was s lot of action happening that you didn't hear about either.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
And that challenge would be for the match to be played on American soil amirite?

That is the thing about these goofy challenges, they are always "why don't you come to America and play SVB for $20,000!!! What??? No? What are you yellow??? SVB is the BEST EVAR!!!

It is BS. If YOU want to back SVB against a top Asian player then don't make some BS challenge where THEY are the one that needs to pay the expenses to jump on a plane, send their player to a foreign country in a completely different timezone where they do not speak the local language and have to stay in a hotel which costs money AND is not as comfortable or familiar.

You want to prove SVB is the best then how about you SVB and Mars jump on that plane and go to Taiwan and get SVB into action? Planes fly both ways you know right?

It is honestly BS. SVB "has" gone to the Phillipines and matched up there against the best they have to offer. Why is he so scared to go to Taiwan and try doing the same thing over there? Why are his backers so scared of it?

You want to back SVB against the Taiwanese? GO get them, there is ALOT of money over there for the taking if you grow a set and actually go get it.

If this is yet another offer to some player and their backers and their translators to fly half way around the world just to play a match with the one and only player in the USA who would even dream of trying a top Taiwanese player then give it a rest.

You know the difference between SVB going over there and KO coming here? KO has ONE player who would play him in one big match, and that is it. If SVB goes over to Taiwan he has both Ko's, he has Jung Lin Chang, he has Yu Lung Chang, he can probably get Wu to make a short trip over to Taiwan to get some action as well.

I would love to see SVB and his backers and nuthuggers on here grow a set and send him over there to actually match up with the best in the world, but I am certainly not holding my breath, I expect another goofy crappy and uneconomical "offer" for people to fly the other direction spending 30%+ of the total stakes just on flights and hotel and food before the pool even began. And win or lose, that match is the only one they can scrape up in the USA because everyone else would have no prayer.
If they are worried about expenses then bet more.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If they are worried about expenses then bet more.
Thier not worried they went home with the cheese ,,they came they saw and they conquered ,, if Shane wants to prove he can beat them he should go there and do so
Period point blank
As it stands now Ko is the king of the hill it anybody's mind other than the huggers

Last edited:
I have an MBA and I say you're so full of shit, I'm surprised you don't have to carry a roll of toilet paper cause your ears are constantly leaking.

No game is popular or has money in it because it is a good game or difficult for the masses, any game is difficult for the masses when looked at from the highest levels (tic tac toe, being one of the few exceptions)...

It is popular because of proper marketing and building of public interest, and there's money in it because it's popular.

Jaden

Oh, i forgot you got an 80 break at your very first visit to a snooker table. Was it the same frame barton got his 50?

Now, about that bog roll - wanna borrow some?

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Thier not worried they went home with the cheese ,,they came they saw and they conquered ,, if Shane wants to prove he can beat them he should go there and do so
Period point blank
As it stands now Ko is the king of the hill it anybody's mind other than the huggers

Ok, Ko must be feeling pretty good with you giving him the long distance happy ending, speaking of nuthugging I mean.

You're right Mark. Shane should go there. Until then he will forever be second tier to Ko and all the Taiwanese.

And

Probably continue to be first on the money list. Whatever he personally lost to Ko in their race to 21 exhibition match was farted out and Shane went fishing.

With four US Open titles I don't think Shane is too worried about it. With the first ever three-peat, undefeated, three straight wins over Filipinos in the finals, Shane ain't sweating it. Derby City Classic titles, US Bar Table titles, property in SD.

And neither am I. Ko and Bro however thank you for your moral and jocular support. The rest of the Asian elite is waiting in line for their nut massages since that's all they will get since no backer and no AZB nuthugger is willing to chip in and send them to the USA to take everyone off.

leto1776

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok, Ko must be feeling pretty good with you giving him the long distance happy ending, speaking of nuthugging I mean.

You're right Mark. Shane should go there. Until then he will forever be second tier to Ko and all the Taiwanese.

And

Probably continue to be first on the money list. Whatever he personally lost to Ko in their race to 21 exhibition match was farted out and Shane went fishing.

With four US Open titles I don't think Shane is too worried about it. With the first ever three-peat, undefeated, three straight wins over Filipinos in the finals, Shane ain't sweating it. Derby City Classic titles, US Bar Table titles, property in SD.

And neither am I. Ko and Bro however thank you for your moral and jocular support. The rest of the Asian elite is waiting in line for their nut massages since that's all they will get since no backer and no AZB nuthugger is willing to chip in and send them to the USA to take everyone off.

The U.S.A. Is no longer the land of opportunity it once was, and many people do not feel a need to come here to challenge themselves or to prove themselves. Asia is the new land of opportunity. You should know this as well as anyone, JB, having lived and worked there, and having your shop there.

And before all the blindly patriotic idiots start the flaming, I love my country and proudly served it. I just have my eyes open to the present reality.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
The U.S.A. Is no longer the land of opportunity it once was, and many people do not feel a need to come here to challenge themselves or to prove themselves. Asia is the new land of opportunity. You should know this as well as anyone, JB, having lived and worked there, and having your shop there.

And before all the blindly patriotic idiots start the flaming, I love my country and proudly served it. I just have my eyes open to the present reality.

It is a land of opportunity for straight shooting players. If Shane can make $150,000 a year playing mostly in the USA then they can too. You can go down the list and find out how much money is actually available to be won in tournaments alone.

Seems to be quite a shame that the best players in Asia don't want to come and take that honey pot down. Well, I take that back, some Asians realize it and do come and get their share regularly, the Filipinos.

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
The rest of the Asian elite is waiting in line for their nut massages since that's all they will get since no backer and no AZB nuthugger is willing to chip in and send them to the USA to take everyone off.

i have good news. the Philippine Open 10-ball Championship is going to be held this december. there's going to be singles and doubles event. $150 and $300 entry; $50k and $100k prize, respectively. we were excited to hear the news that SVB was coming to participate in Pacquiao's 10-ball cup last month, but it did not push through for some reason. maybe this december he could come. a lot of local pros here have been hearing about him and would want to get a chance to play him in case he visits our country.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i have good news. the Philippine Open 10-ball Championship is going to be held this december. there's going to be singles and doubles event. $150 and $300 entry; $50k and $100k prize, respectively. we were excited to hear the news that SVB was coming to participate in Pacquiao's 10-ball cup last month, but it did not push through for some reason. maybe this december he could come. a lot of local pros here have been hearing about him and would want to get a chance to play him in case he visits our country.

Awesome
I love scotch doubles. I think recent MP Cup with Manny Paquaio may have spiked interest in it
Actually have not heard much about Phil Open for some time, it is tough event. :grin-square:

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
Awesome
I love scotch doubles. I think recent MP Cup with Manny Paquaio may have spiked interest in it
Actually have not heard much about Phil Open for some time, it is tough event. :grin-square:

it's probably one of the very few ways to face SVB on the table, since getting a US Visa is as tough as beating this champ.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
no...

Oh, i forgot you got an 80 break at your very first visit to a snooker table. Was it the same frame barton got his 50?

Now, about that bog roll - wanna borrow some?

What I have said is that at that time I could count on both hands the number of times I had played "Snooker", we prefer playing golf on a snooker table in the states, and I had a 79 break...

Since then I've had an 84 on a 5x10 I played on in Idaho.

Jaden

ineedaspot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

And

This is about the size of it. Shane can either enjoy fishing with his US Bar Table trophies and 150k per year, or he can go over to Asia and take on the best in the world and see where he ranks among the true elite.

Or, even better, he can pick up a snooker cue and see if he can break into the toughest cue sports tour of all and make some serious money.

Personally, as a fan, I'd like to see either or both of the above happen.

BJTyler

AzB Member
Silver Member
This is about the size of it. Shane can either enjoy fishing with his US Bar Table trophies and 150k per year -there doesn't seem to be much wrong with this, or he can go over to Asia and take on the best in the world and see where he ranks among the true elite -hmm...sounds like a pain in the ass way to either prove something to himself or a bunch of AZers who combined couldn't afford to upgrade Shane to business class on said adventure.

Or, even better, he can pick up a snooker cue and see if he can break into the toughest cue sports tour of all and make some serious money. -This would be the single worst cost/benefit decision ever made by a sportsman (not counting MJs venture in baseball)

Personally, as a fan, I'd like to see either or both of the above happen.

SVB & Ko will match up again in the future, granted, right now Ko has an edge in head to head results. Is it meaningful? perhaps, but not enough for me to be uninterested in their future battles.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

And

It's like when Lou waxed you , he became the king of the hill between you 2 and if you ever get the chance to have a shot of beating him , ( although chances area almost non existent ) you are going to play on his terms or your not playing ,,
The Ko boys need no pat on the back losers need that , pat away

ineedaspot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ineedaspot
This is about the size of it. Shane can either enjoy fishing with his US Bar Table trophies and 150k per year -there doesn't seem to be much wrong with this, or he can go over to Asia and take on the best in the world and see where he ranks among the true elite -hmm...sounds like a pain in the ass way to either prove something to himself or a bunch of AZers who combined couldn't afford to upgrade Shane to business class on said adventure.
It is a pain. Depends how competitive he is, does he really want to play and beat the best on a regular basis. The thing is, people here are barking about Ko and the rest of the Asian players not coming to the US to play the one guy who could possibly beat them in a long race on Shane's home turf. Does it ever occur to them that maybe Ko is also fishing and doesn't feel the need to prove himself to AZers either? And the thing is, Ko's not the only guy in Asia who plays Shane speed or possibly better.

Imagine if there were 10 Shanes in the US, and just one Ko in Taiwan, and the Taiwanese pool community were all convinced that their Ko was the top player in the world because he won a bunch of Taiwan tournaments where none of the top Americans played. Do you think that AZers would be barking at the Shanes to go to Asia and play the one Ko and then come home? Or would they be barking at the Ko to do a road trip in the US, and play all of the Shanes and see how good he really is. Because that's the situation we're in, except with one Shane and ten Kos.

Or, even better, he can pick up a snooker cue and see if he can break into the toughest cue sports tour of all and make some serious money. -This would be the single worst cost/benefit decision ever made by a sportsman (not counting MJs venture in baseball)
I agree, he wouldn't have much chance. The level of cuemanship in pro snooker is just too high, even the fact that the money is some 10X higher doesn't make it worth it. As a fan, I'd like to see how well he does, but for him it doesn't make sense financially. The only reason to do it would be competitive spirit.

SVB & Ko will match up again in the future, granted, right now Ko has an edge in head to head results. Is it meaningful? perhaps, but not enough for me to be uninterested in their future battles.
I agree. Not enough data.

Last edited:

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is a land of opportunity for straight shooting players. If Shane can make $150,000 a year playing mostly in the USA then they can too. You can go down the list and find out how much money is actually available to be won in tournaments alone.

Seems to be quite a shame that the best players in Asia don't want to come and take that honey pot down. Well, I take that back, some Asians realize it and do come and get their share regularly, the Filipinos.

Who knows. Maybe they just prefer living life with their friends and family. I do not know how well they speak English but if they have to use a translator for everything then that must get tiresome. Probably one of the reasons Shane won't spend much time in Asia in the future as well.

Shane probably has a slight edge in a race to 100 just for the fact that he has played so many of them. Who knows if any of those guys have ever played a race that long. It would be a great match to see, but I doubt it will ever happen. I really doubt those guys think Shane is better than they are though.....