2016 World 9-Ball Championship

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
Hi arps, do you know who are the Filipino players already seeded in the main rounds? Jeff Ignacio & Jeff De Luna qualified already. Gomez, Faraon, Gallego still trying to get through. Where is Johann Chua?

based on the WPA rankings, Biado, Kiamco, Orcollo, Corteza and Chua should be qualified already. Gabica is playing as PHI-QAT. not sure if he's already qualified.

pro9dg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chua qualified cos he is in top 24 WPA ranking http://www.wpa-pool.com/web/rankings
Defending champ Big Ko also auto qualify which means #25 Aloysius Yapp is in also
Watch out for Yapp , a dark horse who gets better every year
Reading the tea leaves, there is high likelihood that one of top young guns Chua, Lil Ko, Yapp or Ignacio may snap whole thing this year :D

WARREN KIAMCO An old gun with plenty of ammunition. Cometh the hour, cometh the man.

Petros Andrikop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Announcement from Kozoom fb page:

"To all Pool fans who were expecting seeing Kozoom taking care of the Live Streaming coverage of the 2016 World 9-Ball Championship. To stop rumours and make it clear for everyone, let me clarify why Kozoom are not covering this championships:

Kozoom was contacted by the QBSF in order to take care of the coverage like the previous years. The budget has never been a problem in our discussions with the QBSF and we can only be glad for their loyalty and trust in Kozoom. Unfortunately, I have decided to decline this coverage because we were not able to guarantee technically an unlimited number of free viewers on our platform, which was the request of the QBSF. We had a bad experience during the final match last year and, even after improving the capacity of our platform, it was not possible to guarantee a stable and good service in case of feed cut (bandwidth capacity can be improved easily to match with the increase of viewers but not thousands and thousands of html requests). You have to understand that our platform has been built to provide PPV services to billiards community, which of course means automatically less viewers. With the World 9-Ball, we expect > 30,000 simultaneous viewers, which would mean > 40,000 if we cumulate our other events that we have to handle at the same time (3-Cushion Open in New-York and the Pool ECs in Albania). This amount of viewers all simultaneously would put the quality we provide at risk & that would not be fair to our fans. I believe that only a huge platform like Youtube could handle such audiences but taking this direction would mean we could not have provided the added features that you are used to receiving with Kozoom productions.

To conclude, please do not blame the QBSF who are still one of the best promoters of our sport over the last decade as this would be unfair & please do not blame Kozoom for not doing something we cannot guarantee today. We want to protect the quality of our service and our reputation.

Xavier Carrer
CEO Kozoom Group"

mudball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

"To all Pool fans who were expecting seeing Kozoom taking care of the Live Streaming coverage of the 2016 World 9-Ball Championship. To stop rumours and make it clear for everyone, let me clarify why Kozoom are not covering this championships:

Kozoom was contacted by the QBSF in order to take care of the coverage like the previous years. The budget has never been a problem in our discussions with the QBSF and we can only be glad for their loyalty and trust in Kozoom. Unfortunately, I have decided to decline this coverage because we were not able to guarantee technically an unlimited number of free viewers on our platform, which was the request of the QBSF. We had a bad experience during the final match last year and, even after improving the capacity of our platform, it was not possible to guarantee a stable and good service in case of feed cut (bandwidth capacity can be improved easily to match with the increase of viewers but not thousands and thousands of html requests). You have to understand that our platform has been built to provide PPV services to billiards community, which of course means automatically less viewers. With the World 9-Ball, we expect > 30,000 simultaneous viewers, which would mean > 40,000 if we cumulate our other events that we have to handle at the same time (3-Cushion Open in New-York and the Pool ECs in Albania). This amount of viewers all simultaneously would put the quality we provide at risk & that would not be fair to our fans. I believe that only a huge platform like Youtube could handle such audiences but taking this direction would mean we could not have provided the added features that you are used to receiving with Kozoom productions.

To conclude, please do not blame the QBSF who are still one of the best promoters of our sport over the last decade as this would be unfair & please do not blame Kozoom for not doing something we cannot guarantee today. We want to protect the quality of our service and our reputation.

Xavier Carrer
CEO Kozoom Group"

Extremely unfortunate. Thank you for posting this here.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From the USA:
Oscar Dominguez
SVB
Skyler Woodward
Robert Hart
Shaun Wilkie
Hunter Lombardo

And for extra credit ---> from Canada:
John Morra
Alex Pagulayan
Francis Crevier
Shannon Ducharme

6 Americans, thats the most I've seen in a while. They all got auto invites?

What about efren, busty, leevan, biado?

barrymuch90

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sad that ur jealousy overtook u so mch that u felt the need to bash them. Meanwhile everyone on that list and even the few u may be talking about are flush enough financially to travel the world at their leisure. Not to mention the fact they get to play in the world 9 ball tournament. Not to mention that they play the game we all love everyday they choose because that's their jobs lol.

Team USA forget the negativity, do ur best, have fun, and represent our great country as best as you can.

tduncan

Bet something...
Silver Member
Sad that ur jealousy overtook u so mch that u felt the need to bash them. Meanwhile everyone on that list and even the few u may be talking about are flush enough financially to travel the world at their leisure. Not to mention the fact they get to play in the world 9 ball tournament. Not to mention that they play the game we all love everyday they choose because that's their jobs lol.

Team USA forget the negativity, do ur best, have fun, and represent our great country as best as you can.

I'm not bashing anyone. I hope all of them do well or even win it. But that is probably not a reality. They are not America's BEST players although they can play. I'm disappointed not to see Archer, Morris or yes, even Earl.

f210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
2nd round of qualifiers is over. Ramil Gallego and Roberto Gomez join Jeff De Luna and Jeff Ignacio in advancing to the main rounds.

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
2nd round of qualifiers is over. Ramil Gallego and Roberto Gomez join Jeff De Luna and Jeff Ignacio in advancing to the main rounds.

all in all we have:
Carlo Biado
Dennis Orcollo
Lee Vann Corteza
Johann Chua
Warren Kiamco
Jeff Ignacio
Roberto Gomez
Jeff De Luna
Bebeng Gallego

Im still hoping Raymond Faraon makes it. Im also trying to get info if Antonio Gabica (2013 W9B finalist) already skipped the qualifying stage. Not sure if Bustamante, Reyes, Lining, Alcano participated.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Xavier Carrer
CEO Kozoom Group"

I don't get it? They turned down the contract because they didn't want to use a YouTube platform to stream the final matches????

Couldn't they at the very least go and record the matches for watching later?

Can anyone else interpret this other than Kozoom ditching because they didn't want to use YouTube?

molinatx4206

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They didnt want to sacrifice their product. Us watching the w9b championships alpng with their ppv subscribers watching another tournament that their current platform couldnt support that many viewers. As disappointing as it is, i understand where theyre coming from amd respect them for making a very difficult decision.
Yt wouldnt have allowed us to have the kozoom experience we got spoiled with. Multiple tables on demand , live scoring, seperate chats etc.

Obviously that situation that occurred during the shane ko final really went noticed by not just the fans, but the promoter and streamer and they didnt want happening again.

Last edited:

f210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you click on the left side brackets of this link, you will see the brackets to the last set of qualifiers (3rd Chance, A, B, C, D). So after this, 12 players will advance to the next round.

http://www.online-brackets.com/view/user/wpc9ball

And I just noticed that the scores are LIVE and reloads every minute. This might be the best we will ever get assuming there really is no live coverage or just even the scores.

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
all in all we have:
Carlo Biado
Dennis Orcollo
Lee Vann Corteza
Johann Chua
Warren Kiamco
Jeff Ignacio
Roberto Gomez
Jeff De Luna
Bebeng Gallego

Im still hoping Raymond Faraon makes it. Im also trying to get info if Antonio Gabica (2013 W9B finalist) already skipped the qualifying stage. Not sure if Bustamante, Reyes, Lining, Alcano participated.

No Bustie or Efren. They did not get invites.

Gunn_Slinger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm confused. Did the 6 Americans get invites so they dont have to qualify??
SVB is an auto in, but the rest? I dont get it.
I looked at the qualifying brackets and saw no Americans.

snuuker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ran into a post on facebook by guy named Steven Lin that claims live streaming will start on July 30th or last 32. Checked out his facebook page and says he is coach at Qatar Billiards & Snooker Federation. Looks promising but have heard comments like this for a week ...

molinatx4206

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ran into a post on facebook by guy named Steven Lin that claims live streaming will start on July 30th or last 32. Checked out his facebook page and says he is coach at Qatar Billiards & Snooker Federation. Looks promising but have heard comments like this for a week ...

Let's hope so!

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm confused. Did the 6 Americans get invites so they dont have to qualify??

SVB is an auto in, but the rest? I dont get it.

I looked at the qualifying brackets and saw no Americans.

I believe the BCA gets a certain number of spots (8 I think). I'm sure they offer them to the top ranked US players. I suspect that the people like Rodney who aren't on the list declined, so the BCA kept moving down the list.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

barrymuch90

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How did busty not get an invite? He's had multiple top finishes this year and appears to be playing better recently and looks as good if not better than he's looked in about 10 years