2016 World 9-Ball Championship

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is the format again? Double elimination while in those groups, then it becomes single elimination final 64?

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
The brackets are up now here: http://www.online-brackets.com/view/user/wpc9ball

16 groups of 8, for 128 players total. The groups of 8 are double elimination races to 9. They stop when 4 players have been eliminated from each group of 8.

Next the remaining 64 play one large single elimination bracket, races to 11. The finals is a race to 13.

All alternating break, 9 on the spot, 3 balls past the head string.

Thanx, BR
I see Alex can't play right away....he's got a Kuwaiting period....:)

Cezar Morales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seems pretty tough and even throughout all groups.

The only gime is group 13 where Wu Qia Ching is gonna breeze through EASILY as pretty much no one in his group can match up evenly with him or even give him a good fight.
But again its pool, shit happens lol
But anyway i will give 1-10 for the money if anyone would like to take up my bet of wu not advancing. .

Every other group contains 2 or more killers which makes it so hard to predict.

snucar

World Snucar Champion
Silver Member
They didnt want to sacrifice their product. Us watching the w9b championships alpng with their ppv subscribers watching another tournament that their current platform couldnt support that many viewers. As disappointing as it is, i understand where theyre coming from amd respect them for making a very difficult decision.
Yt wouldnt have allowed us to have the kozoom experience we got spoiled with. Multiple tables on demand , live scoring, seperate chats etc.

Obviously that situation that occurred during the shane ko final really went noticed by not just the fans, but the promoter and streamer and they didnt want happening again.

Kozoom's statement is full of poop. The added features are nice but NOT essential, especially if the stream is FREE. So they (both Kozoom and Qatar) decided not to go the Youtube road and leave the world's biggest pool tournament in the dark for all the fans around the world. Nice promoter$ they are, congratulations indeed. And some of you folks are wondering why pool is dying. Better a problematic and basic coverage than no coverage at all.

I don't get it? They turned down the contract because they didn't want to use a YouTube platform to stream the final matches????

Couldn't they at the very least go and record the matches for watching later?

Can anyone else interpret this other than Kozoom ditching because they didn't want to use YouTube?

Youtube is Kozoom's enemy, if you connect the dots you'll understand why Kozoom refused to take that option. But what is astonishing is Qatar not being capable to install a bloody webcam at least on the main table and stream via Youtube by themsevels. Their incompetence is really something else. If they can't buy it, it's midnight for them. Will never buy anything from Kozoom ever again.

Kris_b1104

House Pro in my own home.
Silver Member
The tournament already started?

I guess my invite got lost in the mail again this year.

Nah, you don't even have to go through the elimination stages, you're invited to the top 8.

Your only requirement is to record the rest of the tournament on your Facebook Live account from your phone.

monsterdog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Qatar shouldn't host future events of such magnitude if they can't provide basic streaming services. Such a shame really. I mean the least they could do is
show the main table or few tables for that matter on youtube or other streaming sites. I'm highly disappointed but what can ya do?

It was a breath of fresh air the last 2 years, now we're back again down the drain. Not a single info about time and everything else, literally back to zero when I thought
they got their heads together in the past and provided the best coverage. Sad day for pool fans. I'm afraid we might be dealing with this for the next couple of years for
world 9 ball since Qatar in contracted to host this event till 2019 iirc. We're basically doomed.

molinatx4206

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Big guys lost their first matches... Carlo sky yapp can oi .... Love this tournament . But damn I wish I could watch