Cuemaker wont ship my cue

jbravo2984

~{BULL DURHAM CUES}~
Silver Member
You know, I personally have been away from the game for close to four years now. But I do occasionally get on here and check out what's going on. When I do, I can't help but search for "klapp" in the forum threads. I knew it was only a matter of time before I started to see things like this pop up about him. A friend and I loaned about $5,000 to Steve. In exchange, steve was to build us a few ques each and pay back the loan with minimal interest. Terms of the loan and pay back were set, and we had a contract notarized documenting the agreement. At the time, Steve had a good paying job and seemed to be following through with his end of the deal. If, for whatever reason, Steve were to default on the loan my friend and I would take possession of the Q building equipment and the materials he had in the shop. I'm sure you all know where the story goes... It only took a few months before Steve found himself without a job and he had over invested whatever extra money he had in a get rich quick scheme. After a few rough months, Steve traveled to Iowa to find work. So what ends up happening is he basically abandons his house and everything in it to pursue an employment opportunity he found in Iowa. The home he lived in at the time actually belongs to some family of his. As I said, he pretty much grabbed what he could and skipped town. He told me that he wasn't able to keep up with the loan payments, so he said I could follow through with taking possession of all of the equipment. So I had his permission over the phone, but that didn't do me a whole lot of good when it came to going and getting the equipment. Just to clarify, when I say equipment, it included a lathe, a Bridgeport mill, a spray booth and one more small lathe for finish work. When the day came to go collect everything, I called Sam (the man who was REALLY doing all of the cue work along with me) and Sam said that he wasn't going to help me and that he was already on the highway headed back to the Carolinas. He had packed up the small lathe, the spray booth, and just about every important adapter/jig that was in the shop and a few cues well that didn't actually belongs to him.
I contacted Steve and he said there really wasn't much he could do about that stuff but I could go pick up what was left. He gave me is brother in law's phone number, I called this man repeatedly trying to figure out a time where we could all get together and take care of this whole thing. Weeks go by and he finally agrees to grant me access to the things that were legally mine. When the time comes, he's a no show. Bear in mind that I had to coordinate this with somebody who was equipped to move the machinery with a forklift. When I got a hold of him a couple of days later he tells me that Steve said that's not my equipment. Another week or two of going back and forth about who's stuff was whos, I decide to go to the police. Unfortunately, they weren't much help after pleading with them to help me. Now the next part is no fault of Steve's, my son's mother and I were going through a breakup and she moved about 3 hours north of where we were at at the time. In order to be close to my son, I too had to move. 5 weeks went by with me battling for what was rightfully mine. Round and round, back and forth, up and down I went with Steve and his brother in law and I finally just gave up. I couldn't deal with it anymore. It was almost impossible and I didn't have the time or the money to pursue it any longer. So that's my Steve story. Now, I can't say whether or not steve is the one that's doing work on cues or if he's the one thats even building the cues that bear his name nowadays... But what I can tell you is this. During the year or so that he and I did business together, I only saw him in the shop a handful of times and each of those times, Sam and I both cringed at the thought of him touching anything that we were working on. Everything that Steve touched in that shop was ruined. He's as blind as a bat, he's impulsive and impatient. I personally watched him hack up perfectly good materials time after time in an attempt to prove his worth in the shop. I'll give you one example. Steve walked out into the garage to ask what he could do to help that day. I had just come back from another cue maker shop with close to 100 dowels that needed to be cut down to length to fit in our tapering machine. He was doing it on a bandsaw. Sam and I even set up a jig for him that way he wouldn't have to measure anything. He rushed through those so fast that he took the blade off the track in the bandsaw. Not only that, he cut about 30 pieces nearly an inch and a half too short. So unless pool players want to play with 26 inch shafts, everything he did that day was throw money in the garbage. Now, Chris Hightower reached out to me in a private message at one point in time on here and told me that he believed Steve, was in fact the one building the cues. I just find it very difficult to believe. Klapp customer cues came to a screeching halt when everything went down with him Sam and me, right up until he moved to either North Carolina or South Carolina I can't remember which... I think it's more than a coincidence that he moved to the same state where Sam was living and all of a sudden he's back in business? Call anybody in Galesburg Illinois and they will tell you that Steve clap is nothing more than a worthless POS. And I don't mean point of sale system.

Dosed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Funny how this fool made it through so long without getting caught. Had a similar experience as the O.P. with Klapp and I ended up trading for a Gracio. Either way I was screwed and I realized there's a world of cue trading that happens with the bad business having people and it should be named DPs world. (Dale Perry).

snowmon34

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I also had several issues with Klapp, and his work.. I did give him a lot of time to make all issues right, and he eventually came through..
Klapp was a terrible business person like many cue builders in this industry..

Last edited:

Trav D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow "POS" definition confirmed. I don't wish illness on anyone at all but if he just got diagnosed with this or that it does not make for an excuse of him f&@&$ people over for the past 5 or more years. I am so glad the truth came out about him for everyone to see what a pile of garbage he really is. "Ole feel sorry for me, things are going bad Klapp". Absolutely worthless!!

Last edited:

sonny_burnett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't all POS cue makers come down with a dire illness and ship an empty box?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Trav D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He was trying to buy an extra day and had the label made up, cue was in process to go out the next day.

Associate at the pool hall mailed it for him as a favor since he runs packages for him when he goes into town.

That's what he told me. It's still ridiculous and I know have Kingpin's cue in my possession to finish up and send to him.

Is Steve your relative or what? I am just wondering why you honestly keep defending him? Are you naive enough to believe that he is going to do anything he has ever said? Or do you feel special just because he let you list some of his cues in the past that all of a sudden 7 were sold the day that a friend told him he would take ANY of the 7 cues for the cue he was owed? The guy is a dirtbag quit defending the sorry POS. I can't believe you don't see the light and see through the lies and all he proof. Lol Steve is worthless pal! You are making yourself look back defending him with all of the people FINALLY coming out of the woodwork to expose his sorry @$$

Last edited:

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
You know, I personally have been away from the game for close to four years now. But I do occasionally get on here and check out what's going on. When I do, I can't help but search for "klapp" in the forum threads. I knew it was only a matter of time before I started to see things like this pop up about him. A friend and I loaned about $5,000 to Steve. In exchange, steve was to build us a few ques each and pay back the loan with minimal interest. Terms of the loan and pay back were set, and we had a contract notarized documenting the agreement. At the time, Steve had a good paying job and seemed to be following through with his end of the deal. If, for whatever reason, Steve were to default on the loan my friend and I would take possession of the Q building equipment and the materials he had in the shop. I'm sure you all know where the story goes... It only took a few months before Steve found himself without a job and he had over invested whatever extra money he had in a get rich quick scheme. After a few rough months, Steve traveled to Iowa to find work. So what ends up happening is he basically abandons his house and everything in it to pursue an employment opportunity he found in Iowa. The home he lived in at the time actually belongs to some family of his. As I said, he pretty much grabbed what he could and skipped town. He told me that he wasn't able to keep up with the loan payments, so he said I could follow through with taking possession of all of the equipment. So I had his permission over the phone, but that didn't do me a whole lot of good when it came to going and getting the equipment. Just to clarify, when I say equipment, it included a lathe, a Bridgeport mill, a spray booth and one more small lathe for finish work. When the day came to go collect everything, I called Sam (the man who was REALLY doing all of the cue work along with me) and Sam said that he wasn't going to help me and that he was already on the highway headed back to the Carolinas. He had packed up the small lathe, the spray booth, and just about every important adapter/jig that was in the shop and a few cues well that didn't actually belongs to him.
I contacted Steve and he said there really wasn't much he could do about that stuff but I could go pick up what was left. He gave me is brother in law's phone number, I called this man repeatedly trying to figure out a time where we could all get together and take care of this whole thing. Weeks go by and he finally agrees to grant me access to the things that were legally mine. When the time comes, he's a no show. Bear in mind that I had to coordinate this with somebody who was equipped to move the machinery with a forklift. When I got a hold of him a couple of days later he tells me that Steve said that's not my equipment. Another week or two of going back and forth about who's stuff was whos, I decide to go to the police. Unfortunately, they weren't much help after pleading with them to help me. Now the next part is no fault of Steve's, my son's mother and I were going through a breakup and she moved about 3 hours north of where we were at at the time. In order to be close to my son, I too had to move. 5 weeks went by with me battling for what was rightfully mine. Round and round, back and forth, up and down I went with Steve and his brother in law and I finally just gave up. I couldn't deal with it anymore. It was almost impossible and I didn't have the time or the money to pursue it any longer. So that's my Steve story. Now, I can't say whether or not steve is the one that's doing work on cues or if he's the one thats even building the cues that bear his name nowadays... But what I can tell you is this. During the year or so that he and I did business together, I only saw him in the shop a handful of times and each of those times, Sam and I both cringed at the thought of him touching anything that we were working on. Everything that Steve touched in that shop was ruined. He's as blind as a bat, he's impulsive and impatient. I personally watched him hack up perfectly good materials time after time in an attempt to prove his worth in the shop. I'll give you one example. Steve walked out into the garage to ask what he could do to help that day. I had just come back from another cue maker shop with close to 100 dowels that needed to be cut down to length to fit in our tapering machine. He was doing it on a bandsaw. Sam and I even set up a jig for him that way he wouldn't have to measure anything. He rushed through those so fast that he took the blade off the track in the bandsaw. Not only that, he cut about 30 pieces nearly an inch and a half too short. So unless pool players want to play with 26 inch shafts, everything he did that day was throw money in the garbage. Now, Chris Hightower reached out to me in a private message at one point in time on here and told me that he believed Steve, was in fact the one building the cues. I just find it very difficult to believe. Klapp customer cues came to a screeching halt when everything went down with him Sam and me, right up until he moved to either North Carolina or South Carolina I can't remember which... I think it's more than a coincidence that he moved to the same state where Sam was living and all of a sudden he's back in business? Call anybody in Galesburg Illinois and they will tell you that Steve clap is nothing more than a worthless POS. And I don't mean point of sale system.

that was pretty tough action, jbravo, especially without any paragraph breaks. :eek:

But, seriously, I remember when you were going out of your mind dealing with all that difficulty and drama. What a mess.

You may recall it was just about then that I was sending cues for refinishing and they were all coming back perfect. Maybe it was Sam who was doing my work, poss some of the last ones prior to departing for Carolina.

My subsequent dealings with Steve from when he went to Carolina were much less enjoyable, to say the least. :(

best,
brian kc

Last edited:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member

Wow, I hope you slapped him with a big fat negative iTrader after all that!

Last edited:

snowmon34

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is Steve your relative or what? I am just wondering why you honestly keep defending him? Are you naive enough to believe that he is going to do anything he has ever said? Or do you feel special just because he let you list some of his cues in the past that all of a sudden 7 were sold the day that a friend told him he would take ANY of the 7 cues for the cue he was owed? The guy is a dirtbag quit defending the sorry POS. I can't believe you don't see the light and see through the lies and all he proof. Lol Steve is worthless pal! You are making yourself look back defending him with all of the people FINALLY coming out of the woodwork to expose his sorry @$$

It's known as NHS..
I was also a past card holder.
The only known remedy is a shit load of empty promises..
I've now moved on to AARP..

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member

Defending? Because I don't throw vitriol like you apes, I'm defending someone? I've seized property and am literally cleaning up his mess. That involves finishing work up and getting people right. Once he sent that empty box, that was it for me.

He made his bed and I hope he can get his work straight but I have a feeling he's going to be relegated to the occasional local sneaky.

I just pass on messages since I can get in contact.

You're an asshole anyway, but Steve has dug himself an impressive hole.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
It's known as NHS..
I was also a past card holder.
The only known remedy is a shit load of empty promises..
I've now moved on to AARP..

You're an asshole, too. I'm trying to get people cleaned up since they will be going to civil court, I already had cops on the phone with me because my name was brought up. I'm doing work, you're running your mouth with 0 involvement.

snowmon34

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You're an asshole, too. I'm trying to get people cleaned up since they will be going to civil court, I already had cops on the phone with me because my name was brought up. I'm doing work, you're running your mouth with 0 involvement.

I've had several transactions with Klapp.. Every order was F()@k3d up.. It took a long time to be made whole... I should of outed the clown. I might have saved some people some grief, but I kept my mouth shut..

I will NOW run my mouth.. You got it Pumpkin!
Now get in the shop, and finish the job, and you can continue on with Klapp Hero Worship!

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I've had several transactions with Klapp.. Every order was F()@k3d up.. It took a long time to be made whole... I should of outed the clown. I might have saved some people some grief, but I kept my mouth shut..

I will NOW run my mouth.. You got it Pumpkin!
Now get in the shop, and finish the job, and you can continue on with Klapp Hero Worship!

"should of" says everything about you.

Repoing cues and cutting ties = hero worship in The Gospel According to Dale

Trav D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IDIOTOgists

Lol, I am glad to be called an asshole if that is what it takes to help people out in the future from dealing with this S$&@bag and doing the right thing. Sorry it took you so long to figure it out IDIOTogists. But none the less, I am glad you are helping clean his trash up because he stinks. No need to be upset because you were wrong for several years now. I have just been trying to warn people and have had quite a few people thanking me for the warning.

Last edited: