Mosconi Cup 2015, Boyes: 'Disappointed if we aren't partying on Wednesday!'

Benward452

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This article and the man behind the words needs no introduction.

Karl Boyes, boys.

“In the end though, I think it’s purely down to bottle. It’s simple; if you don’t pot the ball you don’t win and I think we are better cueists under pressure. It’s live TV around the world with a 1,000 seater arena and in short races it’s all about single ball potting. This isn’t a race to 100 in smoky pool room gambling for your backer’s money, this is the real deal!”

The Mosconi Cup is getting closer and it is heating up.

Follow the link for the full article.

http://www.matchroompool.com/news/boyes-disappointed-if-we-arent-partying-on-wednesday/

Matchroom is really capitalizing on Boyes' bad boy image.

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
... The Mosconi Cup is getting closer and it is heating up...

Although I'm with the U.S. Team, I see nothing wrong with a little competitive trash-talking before the match.
It helps in the overall build-up.

So long as Boyles squashes that trash-talk during play.
I hope he understands that.

july9x

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't handle Boyes's nipples anymore, I mean every fricking time I see him playing his nipples are really annoying, along with his noise poking and finger nail biting skills, pukeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Odysseus

Student of the game
Silver Member
The MatchRoom article was pretty good and, Mr. Page hit it on the head- Boyes' line is a classic!

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
"I will be disappointed if we aren't partying on the Wednesday night..."

The event is scheduled for 4 days, Monday through Thursday, with 5 matches on each of the first three days. So if Europe is partying on Wednesday night, it means they will have won 11-0, 11-1, 11-2, 11-3, or 11-4.

How's that for something for the USA to put on their bulletin board for a little incentive!

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
"I will be disappointed if we aren't partying on the Wednesday night..."

The event is scheduled for 4 days, Monday through Thursday, with 5 matches on each of the first three days. So if Europe is partying on Wednesday night, it means they will have won 11-0, 11-1, 11-2, 11-3, or 11-4.

How's that for something for the USA to put on their bulletin board for a little incentive!

As impossible as it sounds....it can happen. I kept my Day four Mosconi cup ticket(un-used) from two years ago. Its in my pool and billiard collectible cabinet:)

Gunn_Slinger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He has always had a big mouth and is one of the weaker players on that team.
I've seen him 'carried' in many of the doubles matches.
After Shane takes off Dennis, he should tell boyes to 'Get Up' !

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't handle Boyes's nipples anymore, I mean every fricking time I see him playing his nipples are really annoying, along with his noise poking and finger nail biting skills, pukeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Why are you looking at his nipples???😍😍😍 lol

Gunn_Slinger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In addition, the mosconi cup is not a 'real' tourney, its a show to make money.
Since when is a race to 5 an indicator of who is the best player.
Its a joke. Everyone gets paid! Big money in Europe.
The euro fans are disrespectful to the players and to the game.Pitiful display of
sportsmanship.
But, its a show, not real pool!
ps
Yes, I felt the same way when USA was winning....still a joke!

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
He has always had a big mouth and is one of the weaker players on that team.
I've seen him 'carried' in many of the doubles matches.
After Shane takes off Dennis, he should tell boyes to 'Get Up' !

I do believe Karl came in 2nd at the U.S Open 9 Ball this year. That must have been a really WEAK field. I agree he's an ass that needs to be spanked (knocked on ass). Johnnyt

Gunn_Slinger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lol. He's a good player, just not as good as some on that team ( Appleton & Niels for example ).
You hold him, I'll give the woop-azz...lol

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Karl might be a big breasted douche, but he's a hell of a player.

He can hold his own against anyone on Team USA.

Baron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He talks in a way that makes me feel like he wishes he were more famous.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
“in short races it’s all about single ball potting. This isn’t a race to 100 in smoky pool room gambling for your backer’s money, this is the real deal!”

[/URL]

I never liked Boyes (aka Ball Cleaner aka Guapo) but agree with his line
On top of that there is the tradition / bragging rights and the $20K each winning player gets

But going by recent performances in Kings Cup, the weak links in Europe are Albin and Darren not Boyes

He has more moves than a shark so watch out http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=407212
:)

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
I don't know Boyes, never even seen him in person, but even people's who's opinions that I value, that are from the United Kingdom have told me he's a total ass. True? Maybe, but I have heard that more often than not. He does have a good MC record, but in spite of what he might say no one really thinks that's real pool, it's an exibition. Ther's nothing on the line for these guys, it's not even a league match, it's a Florian Kohler trick shot show. I think they're all naturally competitive, so of course they would like to win in the same way that the NFC or the AFC would like to win the Pro Bowl, but I really can't imagine these guys really care much about how it ends up. I'm sure they'd much rather win the match later at Sharks or the Cue Club when there's money on the line. Personally I'd like to set Karl up and have him arrested. He'd be a very popular boy in jail.

purpdrag

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I do believe Karl came in 2nd at the U.S Open 9 Ball this year. That must have been a really WEAK field. I agree he's an ass that needs to be spanked (knocked on ass). Johnnyt

It was a pretty strong field actually so if he's not very good then kudos to him for a great finish.