Mosconi Cup 2015, Boyes: 'Disappointed if we aren't partying on Wednesday!'

Dockter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Everyone loves to hate Karl, every sport needs a good heel and it seems we get both in this event. Who is hated more? Mike Dechaine or Karl Boyes? Personally I love watching both of them play and laugh when I see people go crazy about them. They don't get near as much wiggle room as players that everyone loves.

I love the trash talk before the event and can't wait to watch, and no one can deny both of AZB's hated heels can sure as hell play.

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
its not a exhibition
its real rivalry and both teams are desperate to win.
its one the most important events to win every year without doubt.

Also winning team gets a extra 10k each.

its live tv with amazing exposure and the best production by a million miles of course its not a exhibition maybe early days it started that way but its progressed to a massive title and event to win..to the europeans it as anyway :)

Darren

Darren, I respect you as a player. If I ever had the pleasure of meeting you I'd gladly buy you a drink and hope to sit and shoot the shit with you for a while, about anything but pool. I can't imagine that I'd ever play at a level even close to any of the MC participants, so clearly I can only state what I might see from my perspective behind my computer monitor and from what I've heard (or more to the point - overheard) some players "that would be "in the know" say.
No one appears to be terribly serious regarding this event. Like I said, you guys are naturally competitive, I'm sure you all want to win and I can't imagine that you would come to a billiard forum and post something like "we enjoy it, but no one really cares about this", even if it were true.
Perhaps as you said more so true for the Europeans than the Americans, but I would submit that what you are saying is, well, a little dickey. For that reason, as much as I'd like the Americans to win one again, if I were a gambling person I'd have to bet on the Europeans
As gentlemen, we will continue to disagree, I believe it's a Christmas shopping trip to Las Vegas for everyone, and not much more than that for the players. Those are just my thoughts, pretty unlikely anyone would agree with me

8BallWonderland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Darren, I respect you as a player. If I ever had the pleasure of meeting you I'd gladly buy you a drink and hope to sit and shoot the shit with you for a while, about anything but pool. I can't imagine that I'd ever play at a level even close to any of the MC participants, so clearly I can only state what I might see from my perspective behind my computer monitor and from what I've heard (or more to the point - overheard) some players "that would be "in the know" say.
No one appears to be terribly serious regarding this event. Like I said, you guys are naturally competitive, I'm sure you all want to win and I can't imagine that you would come to a billiard forum and post something like "we enjoy it, but no one really cares about this", even if it were true.
Perhaps as you said more so true for the Europeans than the Americans, but I would submit that what you are saying is, well, a little dickey. For that reason, as much as I'd like the Americans to win one again, if I were a gambling person I'd have to bet on the Europeans
As gentlemen, we will continue to disagree, I believe it's a Christmas shopping trip to Las Vegas for everyone, and not much more than that for the players. Those are just my thoughts, pretty unlikely anyone would agree with me

You are clueless.

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member

Attachments

• Opinion.JPG
    Opinion.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 763

dynamite

Gold Member

your miles off sorry..

you wouldn't see emotion and passion that we show if it was a xmas shopping trip..
more pressure in mosconi cup by a mile than any other event.. thats why u see players dogging there brains out...:smile:

fundamentals really get exposed in this event.
enjoy
darren

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
your miles off sorry..

you wouldn't see emotion and passion that we show if it was a xmas shopping trip..
more pressure in mosconi cup by a mile than any other event.. thats why u see players dogging there brains out...:smile:

fundamentals really get exposed in this event.
enjoy
darren

Well, you're probably right, you would know more than I would, but still.....

thanks for your responses. Best of luck to team Europe (even Karl)

dynamite

Gold Member
Well, you're probably right, you would know more than I would, but still.....

thanks for your responses. Best of luck to team Europe (even Karl)

not probably... i know im right i play in it every year :)

thanks be good match.

6 in a row :)

Darren

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Props to you Darren for backing up your friend. I like that.

But by doing so, you have placed a focused spotlight on Karl for the Mosconi Cup.

Karl will do his team proud if he sits motionless especially when his opponent is bearing down on a shot in his direction. Hopefully both teams will carry on in a professional manner.

May the best team win!

JoeyA

the 8ball in the masters over picket he didn't dog it he done all the hard work by making great shots to get to the 8ball.. he just switched off simple as that.. he thought the work was done..

the one in world cup of pool most players in the world would've missed it simple. was very tough shot.

everyone as missed important balls everyone shane, Dennis ,efren ,wu, fiejen ,ralf ,the lot of them.. its how you respond that counts.

I've know karl 18 years I've never seen him shark or cheat once.

so pointing out these silly videos is nonsense ...opponents can't see him blinking and playing with his nails.. if so every pool player in the world is a shark then..

the one with the case he was putting his watch away and the guy can't see him as his playing a severe jump shot and aiming down.. So not possible to see karl and i even asked KO few weeks after this event about this video you posted He didn't know what i was on about.

regards efren with karl cleaning cue ball his entitled to get it cleaned if its dirty.. you seem to forget at hill hill and karl was shooting a important shot and efren was in karls eyeline and decided to get his phone out and start texting ..Nice.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's a 5k watch skip :) team USA helped buy it with there performance in recent Mosconi cups :) :)

So Karl "Bad Boy" Boyes comes onto AZ to talk a little smack, and the darn place goes quiet like a church?!?!:eek::confused:

C'mon folks! I expect a little more from a place that generates 20 pages of trash talk on aiming systems.

Karl! You are one hell of a player. Was that great US Open performance lightning in a bottle? Let's see in Vegas.

Until then, I'll keep watching this:

http://youtu.be/1LHe2FQFYtQ

Go USA!!!!!
:thumbup:

Tin Man

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Dynamite

Daz, thanks for posting here. It's an honor to have a world champ participating in an online forum discussion.

As for Boyes, I don't understand all of the hate. I've played him once at the US Open. It was in the money and I got very fortunate. I was cut breaking and ran a lot of racks to get up 9-2 going to 11. You know what? I could barely put him away. I think I won 11-9. And this was after catching an absolute gear. Karl was playing just crazy. It didn't make me want to quit pool...but almost. The way he was bombing in full table length shots from the end rail was like nothing I've ever seen before. At NO point during the match did he ever do anything that struck me as sharking or disrespectful.

And he had reason to be frustrated. The next day I heard him talking to someone and kind of complaining about the cut break, talking about how he comes overseas and literally gets beat by some unknown stringing racks with a soft break. I was that guy and the funny part is I ABSOLUTELY AGREE. I only cut break because everyone else was and I have to in order to compete. I don't consider him whiny at all, he just is in favor of a game that involves more of the skills he has developed to shine. Because in reality without the five 7 ball gimme runs I got I doubt I'd be able to take a set off this guy more than once in a great while.

Now, this was just my experience. But listen, I've dealt with worse. Much worse. I won't name names, but some of our most revered US players are absolute antagonists at the table. One I played uses 'pillow talk', he talks too quiet for the audience to hear but is just nasty to play against. So my point is that not only do I have nothing but good things to say about Karl, the stuff everyone is complaining about is just absurd, not even on the pool sharking radar. His comments about the Mosconi Cup are not offensive in any way. If anyone is offensive it's the way people talk about the top players on this forum!

Good luck to team Europe and Team US. Thanks for competing and giving us a heck of a sweat!

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
He has always had a big mouth and is one of the weaker players on that team.

That "team" is full of champions. That said Boyes is a World Champion, and he shot the lights out on his way to the US Open finals and would have won the event if he had not shot considerably worse in the end than he did to get there.

Boyes might be in tough company on his team, but I would say there is only one single player on team USA who can truly be considered better than him.

Yes, he does have a huge ego, but he has a bit of game to back it up...

Last edited:

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That "team" is full of champions. That said Boyes is a World Champion, and he shot the lights out on his way to the US Open finals and would have won the event if he had not shot considerably worse in the end than he did to get there.

Boyes might be in tough company on his team, but I would say there is only one single player on team USA who can truly be considered better than him.

Yes, he does have a huge ego, but he has a bit of game to back it up...

Really ,in a race to 100 I'm not so sure he's the favorit against any of them