Stan shuffet and cte pro one

Status
Not open for further replies.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
It's really not that difficult to carry on a conversation or an aiming debate without resorting to personal attacks and name calling, at least with most aiming methods.
PJ's "snowflake" remark was referencing the delicate/quickly-disolving manner in which a handful of cte users resort to when cte is mentioned by a non-cte user. It was far less personal and less derogatory than what PJ got in response -- he was called an "asshole" and a "blowhard". So, keeping score, PJ is behind in the name calling. ;)

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I certainly would - and I'll bet CTE users would like it too. Not to mention the aggravation it would save Mr. Wilson.

CTE's the reason aiming got its own forum in the first place - but there are other aiming topics, none of which need to be so exclusive.

pj <- never would be heard a discouraging word
chgo

Or even now, you guys could just not respond to anything CTE if that's how you really feel

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Re the bold. Here's an analogy. Brian came out with his Poolology book last year. He decided to keep it simple and not include every last technical detail. Of course, people here wanted to know those things. Somebody told Brian that Poolology didn't work for a distance closer than 8 inches. Brian's reply was to agree and explain in detail why it doesn't work at that distance and how to adjust for that. He made updates to his book, including technical details, and reissued books to many people for free.

Take the same issue with CTE: Stan, xyz doesn't seem right. Answer: It's been explained a dozen times and you don't know what you are talking about so GFY (that's pretty much a quote). We are being asked to accept that as an answer and move along instead of asking again. It's not a very satisfying solution, but if that's the way it is then so be it.

The answers from Stan had been given over and over, but you guys could never just except the answers and move along. Brian had no real harassment Stan and CTE has had 20+ years of harassment. Why can'y you guys that will never use it just move along.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's really not that difficult to carry on a conversation or an aiming debate without resorting to personal attacks and name calling, at least with most aiming methods.
PJ's "snowflake" remark was referencing the delicate/quickly-disolving manner in which a handful of cte users resort to when cte is mentioned by a non-cte user. It was far less personal and less derogatory than what PJ got in response -- he was called an "asshole" and a "blowhard". So, keeping score, PJ is behind in the name calling. ;)

LMAO. PJ is way way ahead. You just haven't been around long enough to really understand

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
your barbs at patrick were mild compared to vorpal cue
but you were part of the "digression" of the thread
i am not biased
as i said i think everyone should
"live and let live "

No, PJ just started and i gave him reasonable responses.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
LMAO. PJ is way way ahead. You just haven't been around long enough to really understand

Yeah....I'm not into the history of it all, just specifically talking about the recent comments that prompted a Wilson warning.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
CTE is why the aiming forum was started.
Yes, because it was such a flammable subject it had to be banned from the main forum - more so than any other topic ever. Go figure; it still is, after all these years. Must be some people just hate CTE, huh?

Funny, though, they don't seem to hate other aiming systems - just CTE. I guess a bunch of unrelated posters must have each independently picked CTE at random and decided to declare endless war on it for no reason. And other random unrelated posters just spontaneously joined in the fun over the years, also only CTE, also for no reason. Just a bunch of guys randomly trashing the same random aiming system - for years - without reason.

Of course, the common denominator couldn't be CTE, and definitely not its marketer or users. Nope. That's unthinkable.

pj <- at least unutterable
chgo

Last edited:

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, because it was such a flammable subject it had to be banned from the main forum - more so than any other topic ever. Go figure; it still is, after all these years. Must be some people just hate CTE, huh?

Funny, though, they don't seem to hate other aiming systems - just CTE. I guess a bunch of unrelated posters must have each independently picked CTE at random and decided to declare endless war on it for no reason. And other random unrelated posters just spontaneously joined in the fun over the years, also only CTE, also for no reason. Just a bunch of guys randomly trashing the same random aiming system - for years - without reason.

Of course, the common denominator couldn't be CTE, and definitely not its marketer or users. Nope. That's unthinkable.

pj <- at least unutterable
chgo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
Yeah, they're not as much fun as I remembered anyway. Is it my imagination, or did we used to get a better grade of baby seals to club?

pj
chgo

Yes, the baby seals we used to get were much, much better than the current crop. I don't know where they're getting the ones coming around nowadays.

Lou Figueroa

Judging by these two posts from you and your sidekick Lou, it really has nothing to do with CTE. You two just like to stir shit.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
Yeah, they're not as much fun as I remembered anyway. Is it my imagination, or did we used to get a better grade of baby seals to club?

pj
chgo

Yes, the baby seals we used to get were much, much better than the current crop. I don't know where they're getting the ones coming around nowadays.

Lou Figueroa

Judging by these two posts from you and your sidekick Lou, it really has nothing to do with CTE.
You two just like to stir shit.
That is a reasonably good observation.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is a reasonably good observation.[/QUOTE

It’s called a joke. You would have had to have been on RSB and ASP, like Pat and I and a few others were, over 20 years ago, to get it.

Lou Figueroa
hates to have
to ‘splain them

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dubble post.

Oy with the poodles already.

Lou Figueroa
with apologies to
Amy Sherman-Palladino

Last edited:

Mr. Wilson

El Kabong
Gold Member
Silver Member
Originally Posted by cookie man View Post
CTE is why the aiming forum was started.

Yes, because it was such a flammable subject it had to be banned from the main forum - more so than any other topic ever. Go figure; it still is, after all these year

And there you go.

For what it matters, I was also there at rec.sports.billiards and saw the wild west atmosphere and full on flame wars. Then, as now, I'd rather play pool than read or talk about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.