Ripped off by Brian Kozy aka cSjOSs

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
I've been putting this off for a while trying to give Brian Kozy aka cSjOSs every opportunity to do the right thing, and he doesn't seem to care. Several pm's and emails with no response.

In June, Brian posted that he was looking for a Pechauer cue. I have (or had) a couple of Pechauer cues, and we agreed on a trade. Brian seemed like a good honest person over the telephone, and I agreed to send my cue out to him for inspection. He agreed to either send me a Scruggs sneaky, or send my cue back. We were emailing back and forth, he had the cue, and while waiting for a response, he disappeared. His phone number has been disconnected, but he does still get on this forum once in a while. I discourage ANYONE from doing business with Brian Kozy, aka cSjOSs, and at this point I have no idea what to do. I am a very trusting person and it's incredible to me that he would do this. All of my previous 50+ deals on AZB have gone smoothly. I have also had several open-ended deals like this one, with no problems as we have a lot good honest people here on AZB.

If anyone knows how to get in touch with Brian, or has any suggestions on what I can do, I would greatly appreciate any information. I will post some pics of the cue later tonight, they are on different computer.

Respectfully,

Ted Brown

johnf_34

JF - Fitz Cues!!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I recognize the name. There is also a "bbkozy" SN on AZ. I'm thinking it's the same person? bbkozy has nothing but red reps under his name and has gotten on to sell a few things lately.

I hope this guy steps up and does the right thing....I definitely feel for you! Good Luck!

Hidy Ho

Missed 4 rail hanger!!!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
cuesblues said:
I've been putting this off for a while trying to give Brian Kozy aka cSjOSs every opportunity to do the right thing, and he doesn't seem to care. Several pm's and emails with no response.

Respectfully,

Ted Brown

Sorry to hear this Ted.

That user has been online as of today!!! Here's a lin to his profile .. is it same person as bbkozy???

By the way folks, It's not "o" between J and S and it's number zero.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/member.php?u=12926

johnf_34

JF - Fitz Cues!!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Last edited:

shotmaker

Banned
Rating - 90.9%
10   1   0
He's Still Burning People

HERE HE IS AGAIN
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=108792

cuesblues said:

In June, Brian posted that he was looking for a Pechauer cue. I have (or had) a couple of Pechauer cues, and we agreed on a trade. Brian seemed like a good honest person over the telephone, and I agreed to send my cue out to him for inspection. He agreed to either send me a Scruggs sneaky, or send my cue back. We were emailing back and forth, he had the cue, and while waiting for a response, he disappeared. His phone number has been disconnected, but he does still get on this forum once in a while. I discourage ANYONE from doing business with Brian Kozy, aka cSjOSs, and at this point I have no idea what to do. I am a very trusting person and it's incredible to me that he would do this. All of my previous 50+ deals on AZB have gone smoothly. I have also had several open-ended deals like this one, with no problems as we have a lot good honest people here on AZB.

If anyone knows how to get in touch with Brian, or has any suggestions on what I can do, I would greatly appreciate any information. I will post some pics of the cue later tonight, they are on different computer.

Respectfully,

Ted Brown

VonRhett

Friends Call Me "von"
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Ted,
I'm sorry that you're getting screwed by this flake.
It's unfortunate that AZ is attracting (and protecting)
these guys.

Peeps, PUH-LEEZE don't post how it might be an honest
mistake, or that he's having a rough time but he's really
a very nice person, and once (if) he fixes this that all is forgiven.

He's been online daily since he did this to Ted, so he could send
a PM. He hasn't, so this is another intentional screwing on AZ.

If we'd stop making excuses for this type of behavior, call a spade a spade
plus ban them forever, we could probably return to a trustworthy trade
environment.

(Instead, we protect V and W)

</rant>

-von

Hunter

The King of Memes
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
VonRhett said:
Ted,
I'm sorry that you're getting screwed by this flake.
It's unfortunate that AZ is attracting (and protecting)
these guys.

Peeps, PUH-LEEZE don't post how it might be an honest
mistake, or that he's having a rough time but he's really
a very nice person, and once (if) he fixes this that all is forgiven.

He's been online daily since he did this to Ted, so he could send
a PM. He hasn't, so this is another intentional screwing on AZ.

If we'd stop making excuses for this type of behavior, call a spade a spade
plus ban them forever, we could probably return to a trustworthy trade
environment.

(Instead, we protect V and W)

</rant>

-von
I don't understand this kind of crap either, Von! I had a poster rip me off years ago on this forum and he continues to post to this day. Now, he has two accounts going at the same time on AZB to make matters worse.

It makes me sick everytime I see this gutless punk post. His name is Dwayne Garfoot and he goes by Midwikkid. Now he's gotten real enterprising and also goes by DGarfoot (a real creative guy, as well as a stand up citizen). My only saving grace with this is that I try to ruin any action he tries to drum up on the sales forum by relating my tale of woe after each of his of his ads, to try to keep somebody else from falling for this piece of work's scams. I give him the opportunity to defend himself, but he simply ignores me. Robbery with insolence, got to love it!

I don't know why it seems that these kind of vermin seem to be protected on this forum! People are being threatened with being banned for putting up "too much" personal information on the forum and maybe some do get carried away with it, but I think that if someone has information that is correct and would have saved a bad situation for another forum member, that it is irresponsible NOT to post it. While it's not our forum (and we've had that pointed out to us in spades), we are the patrons that buy the sponser's products and the people that make up this forum. If not for us, AZB might be a pool forum with five people in the audience. I think we deserve to know when a known crook is preying on fellow forum members.

Just my opinion and I might get banned for it, but I won't be silenced when it comes to looking out for my fellow members. One of my favorite sayings is:

"The hottest spot in Hell is reserved for those, who in times of mortal crises, do absolutely nothing"...

This guy's obviously doing the same thing and should be shown the door!

Steve Feld

Hidy Ho

Missed 4 rail hanger!!!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Hunter said:
I don't know why it seems that these kind of vermin seem to be protected on this forum! People are being threatened with being banned for putting up "too much" personal information on the forum and maybe some do get carried away with it, but I think that if someone has information that is correct and would have saved a bad situation for another forum member, that it is irresponsible NOT to post it. While it's not our forum (and we've had that pointed out to us in spades), we are the patrons that buy the sponser's products and the people that make up this forum. If not for us, AZB might be a pool forum with five people in the audience. I think we deserve to know when a known crook is preying on fellow forum members.

First Ribdoner and now you making sensible post ... all in same day!!!!!!!!!!! (multiple exclamation mark copyrighted by Ed Wheat).

Jesus wept .... :D

Hunter

The King of Memes
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
Jesus wept .... :D[/QUOTE]

...and now Jazz quoting the Bible (John 11:35, my third favorite saying). It's a day that the Gipper would have been proud of :angel2: !

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
cuesblues said:

Respectfully,

Ted Brown

I am also sorry to hear this Ted, things are certainly getting interesting around. I have really hate to see all the dishonest behavior, I wish there was more that could be done to help you.:(

Take Care

pooldawg8

My Pride and Joy
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1206   0   0
Sorry to hear about this Ted. I wish you all the best to get either your cue back or your money owed to you.

RichZuHaus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
These sort of underhanded business practices should just not be tolerated. We all know that legitimate things can occur to that effect transactions; lost packages, family emergency, etc.

But even in the worst circumstances, I feel the parties involved are obligated to communicate openly until a resolution is met.

I've had enough happen with the mail that I won't ever ship without tracking, delivery confirmation and insurance when I sell an item. I expect the same thing in kind from anyone I deal with. Let's keep honest people honest.

Having said that, I feel the parties in such a transaction are best advised to sort out all the details prior to sealing the deal.

Just my 2 cents.

R.S.

The Beginner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
johnf_34 said:
Here are the two threads by bbkozy and it is the same person!!

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=108792
The name says "Joe" and now there is only 1 red rep, but the SN is just too similar!

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=108941
If you click the photobucket link, the name on the account is "csjoss"!

Here is the Profile link for bbkozy, who was also on just after cSjOSs!!
http://forums.azbilliards.com/member.php?u=10677

GOOD OBSERVATION...GREEN REP FOR YOU :thumbup:

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
i hate to sound like a broken record but..........if you don't "really" know who you're dealing with,..... NEVER, EVER, EVER send ANYTHING, including cash, to anyone without a reputable party like an escrow service or for your item, payment up front!! PERIOD!! you're only setting yourself up for scenarios just like this..........what bothers me the most is it seems so many are willing to take a "chance" while knowing better for the sake of getting what they want or even to save a bit of cash. i think the internet can be the great "resolve" when used sensibly or it can be just another one of life's lessons to learn by.........

skins -------------- has been through many life lessons..........

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
I wanted to post some pics, but due to the size of the files, I need to use Photo Bucket. It's about time that I got into PB anyway. I'll do that later, but I did want to thank everyone for the incredible support I have had both publicly and privately. It is something like this that reminds us all that this is still a community of very good people. With all of the great people I have dealt with, I got lulled into a comfort zone. Since there seems to be more scammers coming out of the woodwork, it's getting tougher for us do these trades on a handshake. This is like a wake up call for me, I really let my guard down on this one.

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 97.9%
140   3   0
Stop it Jazz

Jazz said:
First Ribdoner and now you making sensible post ... all in same day!!!!!!!!!!! (multiple exclamation mark copyrighted by Ed Wheat).

Jesus wept .... :D

HTF am I going to stop laughing long enough to sleep?!

Best of luck with your cue. Bad JooJoo.
Bump to the top,
Nick :)