Ripped off by Brian Kozy aka cSjOSs

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
296   0   0
nick serdula said:
HTF am I going to stop laughing long enough to sleep?!

Best of luck with your cue. Bad JooJoo.
Bump to the top,
Nick :)
So I take it this "sparkles" you very much Nick. :p

rossaroni

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
219   0   0
Ted, sorry that this happened to you. If everyone was as nice and honest as you, then we would not have any problems at all. I hope everything turns out ok.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
296   0   0
Picture101-1-1.jpg

BHW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It sucks when people cannot be trusted. It sucks for me, being a new guy on this site....who can I trust....who would trust ME? It's really unfortunate that someone would do that. But truth be told, he's probably already sold or pawned your cue for more meth money.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
I can't believe the guy has the cahones to rip a member and continue to try and sell his crap on here, with no remorse. I've been burnt large on EBay a few times so know what it feels like.

joeboxer

WIAWSNB
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Straycat said:
guess whos back.i thought he had banned himself from here,lol.

His femanine alter ego was Banned, so he didnt have a choice but to start using the old one again. lol.

Sorry to hear about your situation Ted. We dont need guys like this here on AZB anymore, including barrosm, and mlibre10, who is also still here under another i.d.

justabanger

Banned
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate to sound like a broken record here

None of this would have happened if you just would have followed some rules for your transaction. Never go with your feeling's on someone. ALWAYS make them either send you the money for the cue and then you ship it to them for inspection or just use an escrow service to handle it for you. It would seem to me like this board has so many trustworthy members that you guys should have some type of network set up were a trusted member will act as an escrow service to make the transaction smooth and problem free. You cant blame a thief for stealing because that is what they do. You need to protect yourself at all times. As sad as that may sound it is the god's honest truth about the world we live in.
So in the words of Big Nasty " I make my mom post! " should always be followed!

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Good points

justabanger said:
None of this would have happened if you just would have followed some rules for your transaction. Never go with your feeling's on someone. ALWAYS make them either send you the money for the cue and then you ship it to them for inspection or just use an escrow service to handle it for you. It would seem to me like this board has so many trustworthy members that you guys should have some type of network set up were a trusted member will act as an escrow service to make the transaction smooth and problem free. You cant blame a thief for stealing because that is what they do. You need to protect yourself at all times. As sad as that may sound it is the god's honest truth about the world we live in.
So in the words of Big Nasty " I make my mom post! " should always be followed!

You're right, and if I would have done things the way I used to this wouldn't have happened. The fact that the majority of the members are so trustworthy, and I have dealt with so many great people even newbies, I just screwed up on this one, trying to be the nice guy. This guy in no way represents the way people are on AZ, he is headed for big trouble. This isn't going away any time soon.

Thanks for your comments, they make a lot of sense, I won't make the same mistake twice

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Address

Beware_of_Dawg said:
You obviously have his shipping information, & name. Is there no legal recourse in such a situation?

That was another red flag that should have concerned me. It went to a PO box in Masontown, PA. I have done several deals that I sent to PO box's with no issues, but it should have concerned me enough to be more careful. I have thought about it a lot, and all of the signs were there, but I really let my guard down.

As far as legal recourse, I need some help. I don't even know if Brian Kozy is his real name. I am going to contact the Masontown police department tomorrow. I keep hoping that he will come forward and do the right thing.

Any legal help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Ted

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
cuesblues said:
That was another red flag that should have concerned me. It went to a PO box in Masontown, PA. I have done several deals that I sent to PO box's with no issues, but it should have concerned me enough to be more careful. I have thought about it a lot, and all of the signs were there, but I really let my guard down.

As far as legal recourse, I need some help. I don't even know if Brian Kozy is his real name. I am going to contact the Masontown police department tomorrow. I keep hoping that he will come forward and do the right thing.

Any legal help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Ted

I just want to point out that a PO Box is not necessarily an indication of potential trouble. I HAVE to use a PO Box where I live. I live in a rural part of the county, and rural postal delivery is not provided to us. The USPS provides most of us in this area with free PO Boxes as a result...and will return mail that is addressed to our street addresses.

Then again, I usually provide all this info up front, and the local PO's direct phone # for verification.

It is extremely unfortunate that someone chose to take advantage of your good nature in this deal. Sadly, it has become more and more prevalent as AZ has grown. When I am unsure of an individual, I will either post up a thread asking for references on an individual, or will PM certain people that I feel would have been likely to have done business with an individual. You can really not do too much to protect oneself from fraudulent behavior these days. Most of the 'good guys' will take no offense...and in fact, will provide you with reference contacts up front.

Dependent on the value of the cue, will determine if you have a potential case that will get worked or not. You might also try the US Postal Inspector...since the fraud was perpetrated using the USPS. Be a PITA with his local law enforcement agencies...the squeaky wheel will get the grease. Be persistent.

Lisa

shinobi

kanadajindayo
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
72   0   0
I remember bbkozy. He ripped off a member on here. The member posted about the scam, and unfortunately that member happened to pass away shortly thereafter. So bbkozy was off the hook.

In June, cSj0sS contacted me about a cue trade. I noticed his e-mail was bbkozy@hotmail so I called him on it. He said, and I quote:

"First i would like to tell u that wasnt me on AZ you have mistaken him for me because his AZ name is the same as my email but dont worry it aint the first time someone did that. My name on AZ is cSj0sS and has been for years."

Of course, cSj0sS has not been on AZ for years. In fact he joined the same month that the bbkozy ID took heat for the scam. So, not only is he a scammer, but he's an idiot (keeps the bbkozy email address which is easily recognizable) and a bad liar (says he has been on AZ for years when it's so easy to check that he has not been).

For my own amusement, I told him that I'd accept his trade if he shipped his cue first. I knew he wouldn't do that. Sure enough, he ran away. I guess I wasn't 100% sure it was the same guy, but about 95% sure. This thread confirms it.

Graciocues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
This is a good example for everybody to leave feedback on all transactions. Good or bad. Letting others know will save a lot of headaches later.
Good people will get more business and the crooks will have to leave because nobody will deal with them.
AZ'ers in the area help get the cue back. Confron this guy in front of his friends. A thief never wants his friends to know.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
It's disappointing that other members have been burned as well by Brian Kozy-bbkozy-cSjOSs. There seems to be more and more information coming out.

One comment about contacting the USPS was a good one, I will do that tomorrow. If anyone knows if Brian Kozy is his real name that would help a lot. The telephone number that he gave me a while ago has been disconnected. The recording said that calls were being taken by another number but they don't know him. They don't even play pool. They may know him, but his name might not be Brian Kozy. Just a thought.

Thanks again for the help, these suggestions give me a place to start. I just want my cue back

Zud

Old Dog Trying to Learn
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Speak up to save others the same greif

cuesblues said:
It's disappointing that other members have been burned as well by Brian Kozy-bbkozy-cSjOSs. There seems to be more and more information coming out.

I want to thank ted for starting this thread, One thing that really bothers me are all the people that come in this thread and mention the bad deals they have had with Brian Kozy-bbkozy-cSjOSs (or any other member for that matter)

If your being ripped off or not treated right you owe it to this community to speak out. This is the only way others can know to not to deal with these individuals or if they insist on dealing with them they know to take extra measures to be careful in the transaction.

Beware_of_Dawg

Silver Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Give me some time with it, I'll find him. I'm a headhunter, it's what I do for a living.

~D4\/\/G~

Last edited: