Reload this Page Phillippino Cue Makers
Page 1 of 3 1 23

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Phillippino Cue Makers
Old
  (#1)
nksmfamjp
Refugee...
nksmfamjp has a reputation beyond reputenksmfamjp has a reputation beyond reputenksmfamjp has a reputation beyond reputenksmfamjp has a reputation beyond reputenksmfamjp has a reputation beyond reputenksmfamjp has a reputation beyond reputenksmfamjp has a reputation beyond reputenksmfamjp has a reputation beyond reputenksmfamjp has a reputation beyond reputenksmfamjp has a reputation beyond reputenksmfamjp has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700
  Send a message via Yahoo to nksmfamjp  
Phillippino Cue Makers - 05-13-2009, 10:51 AM

Can anyone describe or attempt to report on the playabilility, hit and overall quality of Phillippine made cues? I am specifically interested in cues made by Dindo Perez, Edwin Reyes and other cues made by people who used to work for Edwin.. .

Old
  (#2)
ridewiththewind
♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
ridewiththewind has a reputation beyond reputeridewiththewind has a reputation beyond reputeridewiththewind has a reputation beyond reputeridewiththewind has a reputation beyond reputeridewiththewind has a reputation beyond reputeridewiththewind has a reputation beyond reputeridewiththewind has a reputation beyond reputeridewiththewind has a reputation beyond reputeridewiththewind has a reputation beyond reputeridewiththewind has a reputation beyond reputeridewiththewind has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

05-13-2009, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nksmfamjp View Post
Can anyone describe or attempt to report on the playabilility, hit and overall quality of Phillippine made cues? I am specifically interested in cues made by Dindo Perez, Edwin Reyes and other cues made by people who used to work for Edwin.. .
People who own Edwin's cues were not parting with them before his tragic passing, and I am guessing will keep them very close from here on out.

Jackson Tan, of Viatorre Cues made some really nice cues, but he has since retired. I am not sure of the others, as the quality can be hit or miss. I will say that Edwin was moving into and sharing a shop with Linds at the time of his passing...which means that Linds shared in ER's philosophy with regards to cue building. If you are truly interested in a quality made Filipino cue, I would likely contact Linds first.

Lisa

There are 350 varieties of shark, not counting loan and pool.
L. M. Boyd

What's the point of havin' a rapier wit if I can't use it to stab people?
- Jeph Jacques

Old
  (#3)
linds
proudly Philippine made!
linds has a reputation beyond reputelinds has a reputation beyond reputelinds has a reputation beyond reputelinds has a reputation beyond reputelinds has a reputation beyond reputelinds has a reputation beyond reputelinds has a reputation beyond reputelinds has a reputation beyond reputelinds has a reputation beyond reputelinds has a reputation beyond reputelinds has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to linds  
05-16-2009, 10:25 AM

ER's philosophy in the craft was fantastic (scientific and systematic) a fast learner and always open to new concepts-innovations that is much advance for us here in the thirdworld.

he has develop machines/gadgets by his own (6axis CNC capable of taper duplication,cutting inlays-cavity,threading etc,time machine for shafts, automated UV spray and other stuffs) I at one end is more of a conservative type (structural,age-woodgrade procesing etc)... learned the craft from jessy bundalian the old fashioned way. we teamed-up together to pursue the craft to greater heights and help the pool community/industry but was abrupt due to a corrupt minded individual.

PROUDLY PHILIPPINE MADE!

visit me @
http://www.facebook.com/lindsdavid

life is precious. learned it the hardway
pool is worth living... n' dying for?

Last edited by linds; 05-16-2009 at 10:34 AM. Reason: the corrupt minded indi might get offended agan?

Old
  (#4)
blackpearlmaker
Caliper User......
blackpearlmaker has a reputation beyond reputeblackpearlmaker has a reputation beyond reputeblackpearlmaker has a reputation beyond reputeblackpearlmaker has a reputation beyond reputeblackpearlmaker has a reputation beyond reputeblackpearlmaker has a reputation beyond reputeblackpearlmaker has a reputation beyond reputeblackpearlmaker has a reputation beyond reputeblackpearlmaker has a reputation beyond reputeblackpearlmaker has a reputation beyond reputeblackpearlmaker has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

05-25-2009, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linds View Post
ER's philosophy in the craft was fantastic (scientific and systematic) a fast learner and always open to new concepts-innovations that is much advance for us here in the thirdworld.

he has develop machines/gadgets by his own (6axis CNC capable of taper duplication,cutting inlays-cavity,threading etc,time machine for shafts, automated UV spray and other stuffs) I at one end is more of a conservative type (structural,age-woodgrade procesing etc)... learned the craft from jessy bundalian the old fashioned way. we teamed-up together to pursue the craft to greater heights and help the pool community/industry but was abrupt due to a corrupt minded individual.
But whatever happens, dont show any weakness. its just a hindrance that need to overcome, its a part our daily life. In everythings happen, Life must Go on....Lets keep up the good works specially in Cuemaking...

“Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.”

W.C.

My Fb Page:

Old
  (#5)
fiolledapool
AzB Silver Member
fiolledapool has a reputation beyond reputefiolledapool has a reputation beyond reputefiolledapool has a reputation beyond reputefiolledapool has a reputation beyond reputefiolledapool has a reputation beyond reputefiolledapool has a reputation beyond reputefiolledapool has a reputation beyond reputefiolledapool has a reputation beyond reputefiolledapool has a reputation beyond reputefiolledapool has a reputation beyond reputefiolledapool has a reputation beyond repute

05-25-2009, 11:56 AM

I know at Gracie cues, what is your opinion abaut it?

Varela Custom Cues
Custom Cues & Repairs
Andres Varela
SPAIN

Old
  (#6)
maklanav
AzB Bronze Member
maklanav has a reputation beyond reputemaklanav has a reputation beyond reputemaklanav has a reputation beyond reputemaklanav has a reputation beyond reputemaklanav has a reputation beyond reputemaklanav has a reputation beyond reputemaklanav has a reputation beyond reputemaklanav has a reputation beyond reputemaklanav has a reputation beyond reputemaklanav has a reputation beyond reputemaklanav has a reputation beyond repute

08-09-2009, 02:10 PM

Dindo Perez works for Patrick Navarro now...and Buddy from VIATTORRE'S, Roger from LIND'S .........under one roof!!!
Main reason you read all these stuff about Patrick Navarro Cues.......
He's put a lot of "so-called" cuemakers out of business....
All cues made by Patrick Navarro are just the same as Edwin Reyes, Viattorre's and Lind's...........
Why is it there are negative stuff about PN cues?

Jealousy!

All the best in one roof.....?

ER,Viattorre's,Linds? = PATRICK NAVARRO CUES..............

Old
  (#7)
BlowFish
Pinoy D-Player

BlowFish has a reputation beyond reputeBlowFish has a reputation beyond reputeBlowFish has a reputation beyond reputeBlowFish has a reputation beyond reputeBlowFish has a reputation beyond reputeBlowFish has a reputation beyond reputeBlowFish has a reputation beyond reputeBlowFish has a reputation beyond reputeBlowFish has a reputation beyond reputeBlowFish has a reputation beyond reputeBlowFish has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2200
 Send a message via ICQ to BlowFish Send a message via MSN to BlowFish Send a message via Yahoo to BlowFish Send a message via Skype™ to BlowFish 
08-09-2009, 10:26 PM

What a coincidence. Your AZB username and the posting on eBay looks familiarly the same...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=170359166391=

"maklanav@yahoo.com"

Name: EM Jimeno
Playing Cue: Mezz >PUJ-1 with WD700, HybridPro2 and Hybrid Alpha shafts.
Break Cue: Mezz >PB-O with DeepImpact Pro shaft.
Cue Case: Mezz >NPC-35B2 and J.Flowers 4x8 by John Barton.

My Merry Widows Collection

Old
  (#8)
cyberrot
Curly Maple Nut
cyberrot has a reputation beyond reputecyberrot has a reputation beyond reputecyberrot has a reputation beyond reputecyberrot has a reputation beyond reputecyberrot has a reputation beyond reputecyberrot has a reputation beyond reputecyberrot has a reputation beyond reputecyberrot has a reputation beyond reputecyberrot has a reputation beyond reputecyberrot has a reputation beyond reputecyberrot has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to cyberrot  
08-10-2009, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maklanav View Post
All cues made by Patrick Navarro are just the same as Edwin Reyes,
Please prove it.
Or else, please do not put yourself in the same class as a master cue maker.
Employing workers who used to work under the cuemakers which you have named does not mean that you make cues same as the cuemakers.

Marcel SM Lim
Skill is forever, form is temporary.

Email/Google Plus+/MSN Handle: marcel.lim@gmail.com
Current Play Cue: MVP Cue
Current Break Cue: BHQ Custom Break Cue
Current Jump Cue: BHQ Custom Jump Cue

Cues in inventory: MVP Cues, Edwin Reyes, Richard Harris, Jeff Olney, Linds, Joey Bautista, BHQ, Fury,

Cue Cases: JB Cases Custom 3x5 Case, JB Cases Mason 2x4 case, Sterling 4x8 Cue Case, JB Cases Prototype 2x3 case

Last edited by cyberrot; 08-10-2009 at 03:26 AM.

Old
  (#9)
the_general
I love Ivory.
the_general has a reputation beyond reputethe_general has a reputation beyond reputethe_general has a reputation beyond reputethe_general has a reputation beyond reputethe_general has a reputation beyond reputethe_general has a reputation beyond reputethe_general has a reputation beyond reputethe_general has a reputation beyond reputethe_general has a reputation beyond reputethe_general has a reputation beyond reputethe_general has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via Yahoo to the_general Send a message via Skype™ to the_general 
08-10-2009, 07:23 PM

Quote:
All cues made by Patrick Navarro are just the same as Edwin Reyes, Viattorre's and Lind's...........
^ above statement is intriguing... hmmm...

in the end of day, quality of cues will speak more for itself than pages and pages of self-praise or negative comments. there is nothing more true than truth unfolding itself as the days go by.

Last edited by the_general; 08-10-2009 at 07:28 PM.

Old
  (#10)
Thunder Thighs
learning daily...
Thunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2950

08-10-2009, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Phillippino Cue Makers
One quick point. It's Filipino with an F, and Philippines with a P

Old
  (#11)
BlowFish
Pinoy D-Player

BlowFish has a reputation beyond reputeBlowFish has a reputation beyond reputeBlowFish has a reputation beyond reputeBlowFish has a reputation beyond reputeBlowFish has a reputation beyond reputeBlowFish has a reputation beyond reputeBlowFish has a reputation beyond reputeBlowFish has a reputation beyond reputeBlowFish has a reputation beyond reputeBlowFish has a reputation beyond reputeBlowFish has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2200
 Send a message via ICQ to BlowFish Send a message via MSN to BlowFish Send a message via Yahoo to BlowFish Send a message via Skype™ to BlowFish 
08-10-2009, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Thighs View Post
One quick point. It's Filipino with an F, and Philippines with a P
Good one Bro. Just to add and make it clear...

Filipino = refers to the person

Philippines = refers to the country

Name: EM Jimeno
Playing Cue: Mezz >PUJ-1 with WD700, HybridPro2 and Hybrid Alpha shafts.
Break Cue: Mezz >PB-O with DeepImpact Pro shaft.
Cue Case: Mezz >NPC-35B2 and J.Flowers 4x8 by John Barton.

My Merry Widows Collection

Old
  (#12)
linds
proudly Philippine made!
linds has a reputation beyond reputelinds has a reputation beyond reputelinds has a reputation beyond reputelinds has a reputation beyond reputelinds has a reputation beyond reputelinds has a reputation beyond reputelinds has a reputation beyond reputelinds has a reputation beyond reputelinds has a reputation beyond reputelinds has a reputation beyond reputelinds has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to linds  
08-11-2009, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Dindo Perez works for Patrick Navarro now...and Buddy from VIATTORRE'S, Roger from LIND'S .........under one roof!!!
Main reason you read all these stuff about Patrick Navarro Cues.......
Why is it there are negative stuff about PN cues?

Jealousy!

All the best in one roof.....?

ER,Viattorre's,Linds? = PATRICK NAVARRO CUES..............

you may have all the "assistants" that worked with us... have teached them practicaly every process in cuemaking. but without proper equipment and dedication...goodluck stop posting here like a crab...

PROUDLY PHILIPPINE MADE!

visit me @
http://www.facebook.com/lindsdavid

life is precious. learned it the hardway
pool is worth living... n' dying for?

Old
  (#13)
maklanav
AzB Bronze Member
maklanav has a reputation beyond reputemaklanav has a reputation beyond reputemaklanav has a reputation beyond reputemaklanav has a reputation beyond reputemaklanav has a reputation beyond reputemaklanav has a reputation beyond reputemaklanav has a reputation beyond reputemaklanav has a reputation beyond reputemaklanav has a reputation beyond reputemaklanav has a reputation beyond reputemaklanav has a reputation beyond repute

08-11-2009, 03:01 PM

Love it when you guys react.....Hahaah.......Keep 'em coming!!

Old
  (#14)
maklanav
AzB Bronze Member

08-11-2009, 03:27 PM

Don't worry Linds, mate....I'm not like you...we're of a different class! Last time I checked, this site is for everybody. It's a free site for everyone and anyone, in case you haven't noticed.

I know you taught (teached? Haven't heard that 1 before, lol) them well that's why I HIRED them in the first place. In fact, I have you and my predecessors (OH BY THE WAY, if that word is too big for you, google it mate) to thank for.

Mag-Tagalog na lang tayo...Parang hirap ka e! Bantayan mo lahat ng takong ilalabas namin...para naman may pagkaabalahan ka. At ng may maipagmalaki ka bilang isang tunay na Pinoy*

*Mate, I believe it will be better if we use the vernacular because I noticed that you're groping for words and for their correct spelling and usage. Watch out for my future cues so you'll have something better to spend your free time with. Also, I bet my cues will make you truly proud to be BROWN.

Spread the love! Cheers!!!

I forgot to thank you for contributing to my recent influx of orders.

Old
  (#15)
Roy Steffensen
not banned
Roy Steffensen has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Steffensen has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Steffensen has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Steffensen has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Steffensen has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Steffensen has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Steffensen has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Steffensen has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Steffensen has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Steffensen has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Steffensen has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25
  Send a message via MSN to Roy Steffensen Send a message via Yahoo to Roy Steffensen Send a message via Skype™ to Roy Steffensen 
08-11-2009, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Don't worry Linds, mate....I'm not like you...we're of a different class! Last time I checked, this site is for everybody. It's a free site for everyone and anyone, in case you haven't noticed.

I know you taught (teached? Haven't heard that 1 before, lol) them well that's why I HIRED them in the first place. In fact, I have you and my predecessors (OH BY THE WAY, if that word is too big for you, google it mate) to thank for.

Mag-Tagalog na lang tayo...Parang hirap ka e! Bantayan mo lahat ng takong ilalabas namin...para naman may pagkaabalahan ka. At ng may maipagmalaki ka bilang isang tunay na Pinoy*

*Mate, I believe it will be better if we use the vernacular because I noticed that you're groping for words and for their correct spelling and usage. Watch out for my future cues so you'll have something better to spend your free time with. Also, I bet my cues will make you truly proud to be BROWN.

Spread the love! Cheers!!!

I forgot to thank you for contributing to my recent influx of orders.
Oooops....

I wonder why you are full of red rep?

"The bangers consider me a pro - the pros consider me a banger"

LOVE TO GAMBLE - CAN'T PLAY

Page 1 of 3 1 23

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: