Phillippino Cue Makers

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why? Same cue! Same maker! I own two of each and Can't tell them apart.
A lot of cue makers use different name or made cues with a company. I
think the Doc Holiday cues are rarer than Edwin Reyes cues. The Doc cues
were only made for about 4yrs.

from what i've heard the doc holiday cues all have uni loc pins and i don't really dig that

hotcues

Biggest Edwin Reyes Fan
Silver Member
from what I've heard the doc holiday cues all have uni loc pins and i don't really dig that

That is not the truth. One of my Doc Holliday cues has Custom Quick pin
it is not A Uni Lock. It takes 3.5 turns to make tight. Uni lock About 1.5
turns. The other Doc cue has 5/16 -14 pin. The pins were at the buyer choice.
So you can find a lot of pins on the Doc cues.

the_general

I love Ivory.
Silver Member

just to share, i used to have a doc holliday years back. it had a 'quick-release' pin. :) it was a nice cue.

the_general

I love Ivory.
Silver Member
Did you own it before or after you started making cues?

oh sir... if you visit our website, it says i'm not the cuemaker. i handle sales & marketing, logistics for the cuemaker and i am a partner. :cool: bebot bautista is the cuemaker sir.

i had the doc holliday long before. :wink:

-----------

so as not to be off-topic, i wonder why patrick navarro cues is willing to buy the warped cue back even willing to pay double for it? the common instinct is have it replaced immediately instead. it gives me a devilish idea... i'll just buy and buy cues which will then i'll wait 2 weeks for it to warp like swiss cheese (as another poster above mentioned), then have it bought back by patrick navarro double the price i paid for. good business eh? :thumbup:

haha! i'm just kiddin' & fooling around. to loosen up things a bit... 'coz it's getting hot in here with the exchange of ideas... :cool:

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

i didn't want it to come out wrong but from what i've heard the actual edwin reyes cues play a lot better than the doc holiday cues

hotcues

Biggest Edwin Reyes Fan
Silver Member
The cues that are made in the same yrs are the same. I would love to have
you shoot with my 5 ER and Doc cues. So you can see and feel, the work, the hit and the art of Edwin Reyes. If you get to my town, you can play with them. Let me know. Because I love them! Mike

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The cues that are made in the same yrs are the same. I would love to have
you shoot with my 5 ER and Doc cues. So you can see and feel, the work, the hit and the art of Edwin Reyes. If you get to my town, you can play with them. Let me know. Because I love them! Mike

Where's your home town?

nksmfamjp

Refugee...
Silver Member
Well, this is an interesting debate and I'm sorry it has to come to this,

I did end up buying a Dindo Perez made cue through another AZ'er and it turned out great. I will post a detail review with pics when my life settles down.

I can tell you that if playability and customer service make a cuemaker, the people I bought this cue from are excellent!

maklanav

Registered
you may have beter command in english than I, (a tool that you can take advantage off onto innocent cue buyers) but my message remains...

stop using our names in pedling your stuff on the net!
how dare you compare your craft onto us specificaly to ER? you just merely hired the assistants (doesnt make your cues "as good" without proper equipments, dedication, etc that goes with ERs rep)
show respect then will be shown onto you...:angry:

LOL...Mate, Have you read my listings on Ebay? Did i Effing compared myself to you or ER? This is like saying my cues are just the same., YOUR CUES ARE WAY BELOW PAR COMPARED TO MY CUES. C'mon mate don't humiliate yourself. (I'll leave ER alone coz he was alright and never met the guy before so no disrespect for him. RIP) Show respect? Don't effing need to show anyone any effing respect!!! Regarding the "merely hired assistants", we're just the same BUT the only difference is, WE PRODUCE BETTER CUES!!
You need to effing wake up and stop fooling yourself.
For all i care, you're not even worth slagging off. I guess the bubble burst for you and now you're just one hopeless wanker. LOL

Still i owe it to you and the rest of your sorry ass friends. You're all doing us a great favour talking about our cues. Even though i know for a fact that our cues are way,way better than yours !!!

Just to let you know and for you to have something to do, LOOK OUT FOR OUR NEW CUES VERY SOON. As if you're not already keeping an eye to every cue i listed on Ebay.

maklanav

Registered
oh sir... if you visit our website, it says i'm not the cuemaker. i handle sales & marketing, logistics for the cuemaker and i am a partner. :cool: bebot bautista is the cuemaker sir.

i had the doc holliday long before. :wink:

-----------

so as not to be off-topic, i wonder why patrick navarro cues is willing to buy the warped cue back even willing to pay double for it? the common instinct is have it replaced immediately instead. it gives me a devilish idea... i'll just buy and buy cues which will then i'll wait 2 weeks for it to warp like swiss cheese (as another poster above mentioned), then have it bought back by patrick navarro double the price i paid for. good business eh? :thumbup:

haha! i'm just kiddin' & fooling around. to loosen up things a bit... 'coz it's getting hot in here with the exchange of ideas... :cool:

Mate, you clearly misunderstood what i posted. I said i will buy the cue double the price if it really was warped!

Who would turn down such offer? Nobody in the right state of mind!

The postings here are really not a big deal to me. It's actually great for my cues.
I'll just let the craftmanship of my cues do the talking.....

maklanav

Registered
Last Post here!

Cheers everyone! Its been a pleasure. Time to concentrate on promoting Filipino Cues.

It should've been that way in the first place...helping each other out!

I guess some people in my line of business in the Philippines doesn't think that way. Well Good luck!!!

Don't point your fingers on me coz i never started all this bollocks!!!

"PROUD TO BE BROWN"
"TRISKELION"

jimmy91988

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have 2 of Navarro's cues and I can assure you that his craftsmanship is superb. It's been nearly a year and the shafts are still in perfect condition. When spinning his shaft on a lathe you can't even tell that it's moving.

blackpearlmaker

Caliper User......
Silver Member
Its another long story for Filipinos,
Is it really important to know whos the best of all?
or can we just do our business without offending any persons name.
As long as you make great hitting cues, your the best already.
I do believe that every cuemakers is unique, so we have no right to say that my cues are much better than yours or his cues..

Lets just do our job into perfection..

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all,

Last edited:

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
I would be interested in some feedback about *Benito* Cues. Does someone perhaps have enough knowledgement about his craftmenship? (Finish, inlays etc)

thx in advance

Ingo

ritch remo

i love Jesus
Silver Member
Can anyone describe or attempt to report on the playabilility, hit and overall quality of Phillippine made cues? I am specifically interested in cues made by Dindo Perez, Edwin Reyes and other cues made by people who used to work for Edwin.. .

Hi!

I have owned a custom cue made by Edwin Reyes with his ER240 shaft. I had ivory ferrule on it to balance the hit i like. and the cue's hit got even sweeter when i had him bring down the taper of the shaft a bit and changed the tip. i got more spin on my shots and control. Playability is great! :thumbup:

Dartmanok

Registered
Aiee!!
Let the user/owner judge the cue...
His/her opinion should be the proof of the cue makers talent..

I own many things, I cannot give my opinion if I never had it...

Salamat!!

@the lonestar state

Last edited:

Dartmanok

Registered
So this thread is done...

Ako ay Pinoy dito sa US

It is good that we have cue makers in the Philippines
It is good that they compete so that things maybe better...
It is bad when others do negative talk...

Lets start a New Year to a better more successful future.........

Noel
9 darts out cricket