AzBilliards.com  
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Talk To A Mechanic
Reload this Page accufast cushions

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
accufast cushions
Old
  (#1)
dkindig
AzB Silver Member
dkindig has a reputation beyond reputedkindig has a reputation beyond reputedkindig has a reputation beyond reputedkindig has a reputation beyond reputedkindig has a reputation beyond reputedkindig has a reputation beyond reputedkindig has a reputation beyond reputedkindig has a reputation beyond reputedkindig has a reputation beyond reputedkindig has a reputation beyond reputedkindig has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

accufast cushions - 06-02-2009, 02:22 PM

I'm rehabbing an older Olhausen table I recently purchased and am looking at replacing the cloth and cushions.

Since it was built in January of 1990, I'm sure it doesn't have Accufast cushions. I can't tell if they're grey or white in color because of age, but they definitely aren't the trademark Accufast black.

I just got off the phone with our local Olhausen dealer, and he quoted me $300 for the set for an 8' OS table! Am I tripping, or is this seriously high?

Your feedback and/or alternate reality-based sources would be appreciated.

Old
  (#2)
realkingcobra
Banned
realkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5785

06-02-2009, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkindig View Post
I'm rehabbing an older Olhausen table I recently purchased and am looking at replacing the cloth and cushions.

Since it was built in January of 1990, I'm sure it doesn't have Accufast cushions. I can't tell if they're grey or white in color because of age, but they definitely aren't the trademark Accufast black.

I just got off the phone with our local Olhausen dealer, and he quoted me $300 for the set for an 8' OS table! Am I tripping, or is this seriously high?

Your feedback and/or alternate reality-based sources would be appreciated.
Measure the thickness of your rails, if they're 1 1/2" thick, then you need accufast cushions. Post some pictures of the cushions on your table now so I can see what they look like. Is there a canvas strip inlayed on the top of the cushions?

Glen

pics...
Old
  (#3)
dkindig
AzB Silver Member
dkindig has a reputation beyond reputedkindig has a reputation beyond reputedkindig has a reputation beyond reputedkindig has a reputation beyond reputedkindig has a reputation beyond reputedkindig has a reputation beyond reputedkindig has a reputation beyond reputedkindig has a reputation beyond reputedkindig has a reputation beyond reputedkindig has a reputation beyond reputedkindig has a reputation beyond repute

pics... - 06-02-2009, 03:24 PM

Rails are definitely 1 1/2 inches...

I wasn't so surprised at having to use Accufast cushions as I was at the price!

They do have the canvas control fabric.
Attached Images

Old
  (#4)
scruffy1
AzB Gold Member
scruffy1 has a reputation beyond reputescruffy1 has a reputation beyond reputescruffy1 has a reputation beyond reputescruffy1 has a reputation beyond reputescruffy1 has a reputation beyond reputescruffy1 has a reputation beyond reputescruffy1 has a reputation beyond reputescruffy1 has a reputation beyond reputescruffy1 has a reputation beyond reputescruffy1 has a reputation beyond reputescruffy1 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2000

06-02-2009, 06:14 PM

O.k now i'm confused??LOL I am looking at a set of new old stock factory
olhausen rails. Exactly 1 1/2 rail with k66 cushion. What did they change when they went to accufast???

Old
  (#5)
realkingcobra
Banned
realkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond repute

06-02-2009, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scruffy1 View Post
olhausen rails. Exactly 1 1/2 rail with k66 cushion. What did they change when they went to accufast???
The Accufast cushions have more of a flat top on them, no canvas bonded to the cushions, but still have a K66 sub-rail profile, the main difference is that the hump on the k66 cushions kind of sticks up above the finish of the rails then the nose of the cushions only dips down by 1/16" of an inch to the 1 7/16" nose height. You could use K66 profile cushions to replace the Accufast cushions

Old
  (#6)
Dartman
Keno Pool is Cool
Dartman has a reputation beyond reputeDartman has a reputation beyond reputeDartman has a reputation beyond reputeDartman has a reputation beyond reputeDartman has a reputation beyond reputeDartman has a reputation beyond reputeDartman has a reputation beyond reputeDartman has a reputation beyond reputeDartman has a reputation beyond reputeDartman has a reputation beyond reputeDartman has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to Dartman  
06-02-2009, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by realkingcobra View Post
The Accufast cushions have more of a flat top on them, no canvas bonded to the cushions, but still have a K66 sub-rail profile, the main difference is that the hump on the k66 cushions kind of sticks up above the finish of the rails then the nose of the cushions only dips down by 1/16" of an inch to the 1 7/16" nose height. You could use K66 profile cushions to replace the Accufast cushions
...and Artemis Pool 66 will be less expensive then Accufast

Old
  (#7)
realkingcobra
Banned

06-02-2009, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartman View Post
...and Artemis Pool 66 will be less expensive then Accufast
And will actually play better as they're not as soft as Accufast cushions are, and they won't reject balls out of the corner pockets because of being so soft. Just make sure you find someone that knows what they're doing when it comes time to get your table worked on

Glen

Old
  (#8)
dkindig
AzB Silver Member

06-02-2009, 09:20 PM

Wow!!!!

You guys are great! Thanks for the help...

Old
  (#9)
scruffy1
AzB Gold Member
scruffy1 has a reputation beyond reputescruffy1 has a reputation beyond reputescruffy1 has a reputation beyond reputescruffy1 has a reputation beyond reputescruffy1 has a reputation beyond reputescruffy1 has a reputation beyond reputescruffy1 has a reputation beyond reputescruffy1 has a reputation beyond reputescruffy1 has a reputation beyond reputescruffy1 has a reputation beyond reputescruffy1 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2000

06-03-2009, 03:24 AM

Won't argue with you on that one... I have never put anything but Accufast and cheap K66 rubber from Crystal leisure on Olhausen's. So how do you do it?

You can't...LOL In order to install K55 rubber on an Olhausen rail that is 1 1/2" thick, you'd have to bevel the rail face back so far to get the nose of the K55 rubber up to 1 7/16" of an inch, you wouldn't have hardly any wood left between the rubber and the feather strip. And the hump back on the top of the rubber would be higher than the rail is. As the balls are banked into the rails, the rubber would actually be lifting upward pinching the balls so to speak, so the banks would play like sh@*. Same with K66.

Glen

So have you changed your mind or is his table gonna play like Sh@t! ??
I am curious about this! I have never had to replace accufast. Thanks

John

Old
  (#10)
Dartman
Keno Pool is Cool
Dartman has a reputation beyond reputeDartman has a reputation beyond reputeDartman has a reputation beyond reputeDartman has a reputation beyond reputeDartman has a reputation beyond reputeDartman has a reputation beyond reputeDartman has a reputation beyond reputeDartman has a reputation beyond reputeDartman has a reputation beyond reputeDartman has a reputation beyond reputeDartman has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to Dartman  
06-03-2009, 05:54 AM

Accufast $300
Artemis $189

Seems like a simple choice.

Old
  (#11)
realkingcobra
Banned

06-03-2009, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Won't argue with you on that one... I have never put anything but Accufast and cheap K66 rubber from Crystal leisure on Olhausen's. So how do you do it?

You can't...LOL In order to install K55 rubber on an Olhausen rail that is 1 1/2" thick, you'd have to bevel the rail face back so far to get the nose of the K55 rubber up to 1 7/16" of an inch, you wouldn't have hardly any wood left between the rubber and the feather strip. And the hump back on the top of the rubber would be higher than the rail is. As the balls are banked into the rails, the rubber would actually be lifting upward pinching the balls so to speak, so the banks would play like sh@*. Same with K66.

Glen

So have you changed your mind or is his table gonna play like Sh@t! ??
I am curious about this! I have never had to replace accufast. Thanks

John
The Accufast profile is actually a modified K66 profile, changed to be more flat at the top of the cushion, kind of picture K66 with a flat top of the cushion instead of the humped canvas top profile. So the K66 cushions are going to give you the 1 7/16" nose height needed, it's just that the canvas hump is going to be slightly higher than the finish of the rail surface then nose down to the correct point, which is only 1/16" lower than the actual thickness of the rails.

Glen

Old
  (#12)
dkindig
AzB Silver Member

06-03-2009, 07:39 AM

Not to take away from Rick on this, but I have found Accufast cushions on the net for $200, so they are relatively competitive in price with the Artemis.

This is a short-term table (perhaps 5 years) so the Artemis is the best solution for me because it fixes the "Olhausen death rattle" without having to install 3/16" neoprene facings.

If I were looking to keep the table forever, I might choose Accufast for longevity and correct the facings instead. The pockets are 4 1/2" and 5" now, and I'm not ready to tighten those up yet.

scruffy1, this all came about because I have a pre-Accufast table and thought that I was limited to Accufast cushions by the rail design.

Last edited by dkindig; 06-03-2009 at 07:47 AM.

Old
  (#13)
wakuljr
AzB Silver Member
wakuljr has a reputation beyond reputewakuljr has a reputation beyond reputewakuljr has a reputation beyond reputewakuljr has a reputation beyond reputewakuljr has a reputation beyond reputewakuljr has a reputation beyond reputewakuljr has a reputation beyond reputewakuljr has a reputation beyond reputewakuljr has a reputation beyond reputewakuljr has a reputation beyond reputewakuljr has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1650
  Send a message via AIM to wakuljr  
06-03-2009, 10:13 AM

the accu-fast cushion was introduced in 1996, so no, you don't have accu-fast

Old
  (#14)
Donny Wessels
AzB Silver Member
Donny Wessels has a reputation beyond reputeDonny Wessels has a reputation beyond reputeDonny Wessels has a reputation beyond reputeDonny Wessels has a reputation beyond reputeDonny Wessels has a reputation beyond reputeDonny Wessels has a reputation beyond reputeDonny Wessels has a reputation beyond reputeDonny Wessels has a reputation beyond reputeDonny Wessels has a reputation beyond reputeDonny Wessels has a reputation beyond reputeDonny Wessels has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1100

06-03-2009, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkindig View Post
Not to take away from Rick on this, but I have found Accufast cushions on the net for $200, so they are relatively competitive in price with the Artemis.

This is a short-term table (perhaps 5 years) so the Artemis is the best solution for me because it fixes the "Olhausen death rattle" without having to install 3/16" neoprene facings.

If I were looking to keep the table forever, I might choose Accufast for longevity and correct the facings instead. The pockets are 4 1/2" and 5" now, and I'm not ready to tighten those up yet.

scruffy1, this all came about because I have a pre-Accufast table and thought that I was limited to Accufast cushions by the rail design.
I personally don't like the accufast cushion, there the only cushion on the market without a groove running down the back. There's no canvas backing and there soft, alot like the championship cushions which are $60. I will say this about the accufast cushion, I've never seen a bad one, but not to say they don't get slower in time.

Donny Wessels
West State Billiards
714-943-7137

donny@weststatebilliards.com
http://www.weststatebilliards.com

Old Olhausen Rubber
Old
  (#15)
Q-Street
AzB Silver Member
Q-Street has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Street has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Street has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Street has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Street has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Street has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Street has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Street has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Street has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Street has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Street has a reputation beyond repute

Old Olhausen Rubber - 06-04-2009, 11:36 AM

Quote:

I just picked up a used 7ft Olhausen. The old rubbers were grey w/ the cloth backing just like the posted photos. It had "Olhausen" stamped onto each of the rubbers, but then I also saw a "Goldtek" sticker, made in China.

Last edited by Q-Street; 06-04-2009 at 11:38 AM.

Billiards table | Shuffleboard tables | Pool Drawer | Harley style pool tables | Billiards table for sale

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: