me shooting some pool - please evaluate :)

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
me shooting some pool - please evaluate-UPDATE-new vids

Hi!
I finally setup a camera at home so I can record my training. I would be interested in opinions about my fundamentals, if you can see any glaring mistakes, feel free to comment! :)
Thx!

P.s.: You can hear my parrot screaming trying to get my attention during the 8ball video... :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjfTtkJ7tcE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFNOK_vLkto

Edit:
Ok guys, here is my draw shot drill video. Now the angle of camera gives better look on my stroke mechanics.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwUT6h-lB2g

Hey guys! Another video coming, this time for Jay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwLKP-wdwu4
 
Last edited:
and put some shorts on. :smile:

You shoot very quickly. Perhaps slowing down just a tad. Your fundementals looked pretty sound to me.
 
and put some shorts on. :smile:

You shoot very quickly. Perhaps slowing down just a tad. Your fundementals looked pretty sound to me.

Hehe, I thought noone wouldn notice missing shorts... :D The fact is it was REALLY hot that day and even dressed like this I was sweating like hell.... :D
 
no stroke? hold cue too tide? show some 9ball break and clear.........

If I shoot fast it means only one thing in my case: I fell confident shooting the shot, it also brings me good rythm in my shooting. As for missing practice strokes - it goes together with my fast shooting. On the other hand I wouldnt probably play this fast (and maybe little careless) in a match. As for the tight grip - why exactly do you think I have tight grip?
 
I didn't know there was a pool table in Pee-Wee's Playhouse :eek:. Seriously though, looks like you play very well. Lefties always make it look easy for some reason.
 
Why is it that without exception, people who post videos of themselves shooting who ask for critiques are running the table? lol So, naturally, we should all conclude you are doing everything right since no balls were left.

But seriously, it would be advisable to take at least a little bit more time and definitely practice stroke some before striking whitey.

What cloth is on your table; looked like the balls rolled a little slow?

Nice shooting.

Best,
Brian kc
 
Not bad. Good fundamentals.

I know you need that spiral staircase in small quarters, but I have one too in a large basement and I HATE it lol.
 
Look out Dennis Hatch! You never miss a ball, so what's to criticize! :smile:
Seriously, Kickin' Chicken hit the nail on the head. I doubt that you would play at that pace in a match. That's your "video" pace, isn't it. You seem like your rushing to get to the next shot. Unless you're trying to be the next Lou Butera or Luc Slavas, I would suggest you slow down. Take a moment and get a proper set-up and alignment before shooting the shot.

You get down on the ball good, and have a nice stance, though a bit hurried (as I said before). Good straight stroke too. I'd like to see how you handle a difficult shot and a tough situation. How you handle a little bit of pressure. This was pretty much an A,B,C run out. I just watched the L Drill too. It just looks like you're in a hurry. What's the rush? I think you have the potential to be a pretty good player.

P.S. I like your pad.
 
Last edited:
Chalk before and after each shot..so if in a high pressure situation and "get caught up in the moment" and you accidently miss one the other covers you.

You have no pressure situation at all and missed chalking the first 5 shots

What happens when the distrations and pressure is increased expontionally?

You look like a decent APA 3 at nationals

I realize its hard to stay down on the ball ball with shoes the added height throws me off too

When you run 526 balls stop I hear 527 will stop your heart where you stand

:) keep the faith
 
Sorry, couldn't watch much of it. I can't stand it when guys have their pants half down, and you don't even have any on! I'm amazed that anyone would post a video of themselves playing in their underwear.:eek:

Lmao..........Nice attention to detail
will give rep when it lets me again

Alltogether Az'rs saved him $80 dollars an hour for lessons from a pro to here him say

"Let me watch you shoot a couple of balls O.K. then.......you need pants, shoes,to chalk,and shoot the L drill see you next week for another $80 dollars... I mean another lesson"
 
Why is it that without exception, people who post videos of themselves shooting who ask for critiques are running the table? lol So, naturally, we should all conclude you are doing everything right since no balls were left.

But seriously, it would be advisable to take at least a little bit more time and definitely practice stroke some before striking whitey.

What cloth is on your table; looked like the balls rolled a little slow?

Nice shooting.

Best,
Brian kc


You got me thinking about creating the compilation of missed shots, maybe that would be better material for critique. :) The cloth is Simonis 860 and the possible reason for table playing slow are the rails which are little "dead". Thx for the advice on slowing down, sometimes I play too slow for somebodys liking, on the other hand here I played maybe 10% faster than I normally do. I will record some more material and I will try to play "normal" speed.
 
Not bad. Good fundamentals.

I know you need that spiral staircase in small quarters, but I have one too in a large basement and I HATE it lol.

I pretty much hate that staircase too but its the only way to have it. Thx for the compliment on fundamentals. :)
 
Sorry, couldn't watch much of it. I can't stand it when guys have their pants half down, and you don't even have any on! I'm amazed that anyone would post a video of themselves playing in their underwear.:eek:

I am sorry Neil that my video offended you, really sorry for that. Thx for the lesson, next time I will dress the way it wont hurt your feelings..
 
post up some failed straight pool runs. it's good to show mistakes every now and again

Got only one straight pool run of 50 from the same practice session which I wont upload due to "improper dress code" which was criticised here.... :grin: As for the mistakes I will edit an "outtakes" video so you can have fun criticising :wink:
 
Back
Top