Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page TAR 21: Pagulayan vs Van Boening. THE REMATCH !!!
Page 1 of 18 1 2311 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 35 votes, 5.00 average.
TAR 21: Pagulayan vs Van Boening. THE REMATCH !!!
Old
  (#1)
JCIN
TheActionReport.com
JCIN has a reputation beyond reputeJCIN has a reputation beyond reputeJCIN has a reputation beyond reputeJCIN has a reputation beyond reputeJCIN has a reputation beyond reputeJCIN has a reputation beyond reputeJCIN has a reputation beyond reputeJCIN has a reputation beyond reputeJCIN has a reputation beyond reputeJCIN has a reputation beyond reputeJCIN has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900
  Send a message via AIM to JCIN  
TAR 21: Pagulayan vs Van Boening. THE REMATCH !!! - 08-23-2011, 01:01 AM

The Action Report is excited to announce TAR 21: Pagulayan vs Van Boening on September 23-25. This epic match between two world class players is a continuation in their ongoing rivalry that has given us some of the best matches in recent times.

In May of 2008 Shane and Alex played a race to 100 TAR match at the Riviera Hotel in Las Vegas. Shane dominated for the first two days and then Alex made what many have said was the best comeback performance ever. Down by 15 games on the final day he caught Shane at 92-92 and went on to win the match.

Since that day Shane has been waiting for his chance at a rematch and now it is here.

The match is a race to 100, Ten Ball played on a nine foot Diamond table. It will take place in the new TAR Studio located in Las Vegas, NV. The match will be played September 23-25. Match play will begin at 7 PM Eastern each day. The format is that they will play the first day until one reaches thirty five wins, second day until one gets to seventy wins and finish the set on the third day. It is a $10,000 per man entry fee. Winner takes all.

You can watch the entire match live as it happens via streaming Pay Per View on theactionreport.com . The price for the live coverage is $35 for a three day package or $15 per single day. The coverage will feature three camera coverage with camera operators to bring you all the angles. There will be a few seats available in the Studio but they will be extremely limited. Info on Studio seats will be available soon. The Pay Per View coverage will be available for purchase starting September 20.

TAR would like to thank our match sponsors Kamui Tips, CueSports International, Diamond Tables and Spot Clothing for all of their help and support in making this epic rematch possible. Special thanks to David "Viffer" Peat for his help in putting the match together. We hope you will join us September 23-25 for what is sure to be a historic clash of two great champions.

Thats the press release. This is from me personally:

I want to tank everyone here. Without this place and the people in it things like this would never happen.

If anyone has any questions or comments please post them up. I dont know whats happening with commentary yet but I am working on it. Its looking like we will have about ten to twelve seats in the Studio for the match. They will be expensive but there is no other place or atmosphere like what will happen in the Studio on those three days. As soon as we get a hard number on staff and player comps we will know where we are on the seating.

As I'm sure some will notice we raised our prices for the stream. We did our first PPV match September 14, 2007. The price was $25. We did our 20th match on March 18, 2011 and the price was $25. After almost four years it is time to bump the price. It amounts to $3.33 a day for the three day package. We have also increased our compensation to the players and have to pay camera operators. I think the product is still a fantastic value at the new price. Hopefully it will not keep anyone who wants to watch from joining us.

I have been waiting for this one ever since the Alex sunk the case ball in 2008. Its going to be epic.

Last edited by JCIN; 08-23-2011 at 01:18 AM.

Old
  (#2)
cuetechasaurus
AzB Silver Member
cuetechasaurus has a reputation beyond reputecuetechasaurus has a reputation beyond reputecuetechasaurus has a reputation beyond reputecuetechasaurus has a reputation beyond reputecuetechasaurus has a reputation beyond reputecuetechasaurus has a reputation beyond reputecuetechasaurus has a reputation beyond reputecuetechasaurus has a reputation beyond reputecuetechasaurus has a reputation beyond reputecuetechasaurus has a reputation beyond reputecuetechasaurus has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 808

08-23-2011, 01:09 AM

I wonder how many people creamed their pants after reading that.

-1000 Rep campaign completed. Thanks everyone

Old
  (#3)
derekdisco
We woulda won state!
derekdisco has a reputation beyond reputederekdisco has a reputation beyond reputederekdisco has a reputation beyond reputederekdisco has a reputation beyond reputederekdisco has a reputation beyond reputederekdisco has a reputation beyond reputederekdisco has a reputation beyond reputederekdisco has a reputation beyond reputederekdisco has a reputation beyond reputederekdisco has a reputation beyond reputederekdisco has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

08-23-2011, 01:12 AM

My prediction this time around. .

Old
  (#4)
Luxury
AzB Silver Member
Luxury has a reputation beyond reputeLuxury has a reputation beyond reputeLuxury has a reputation beyond reputeLuxury has a reputation beyond reputeLuxury has a reputation beyond reputeLuxury has a reputation beyond reputeLuxury has a reputation beyond reputeLuxury has a reputation beyond reputeLuxury has a reputation beyond reputeLuxury has a reputation beyond reputeLuxury has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1300
  Send a message via Yahoo to Luxury  
08-23-2011, 01:29 AM

Let's get ready to RUMBLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

SVB baby. You know he is going to bear down every game no matter what the lead this time.

I recommend cutting holes at the fingertips of those gloves so you can grip the cloth better without feeling like you are going to slide on certain shots. Yep that's a free tip for Shane since I will be betting on him.

Old
  (#5)
JB Cases
www.jbcases.com

JB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5700
  Send a message via AIM to JB Cases Send a message via MSN to JB Cases Send a message via Yahoo to JB Cases Send a message via Skype™ to JB Cases 
08-23-2011, 01:37 AM

I am so IN. I watched the first one and it was indeed historic. These two battling it out is going to be epic.

Psst.... did Dippy do the spelling on the poster? :-)

Adding it to my blog so all my four readers can be informed!

Design Your Own Case. <---click here
The world's first and only online cue case designer brought to you by JB Cases. Try it.

jb@jbcases.com Skype: jbideas

Center To Edge Aiming Works. See it for yourself here.

Stan Shuffet's You Tube Channel. - CTE Demonstrations

"No such thing as a 1/2 ball hit....." - Duckie

Last edited by JB Cases; 08-23-2011 at 01:48 AM.

Old
  (#6)
Zerius
AzB Silver Member
Zerius has a reputation beyond reputeZerius has a reputation beyond reputeZerius has a reputation beyond reputeZerius has a reputation beyond reputeZerius has a reputation beyond reputeZerius has a reputation beyond reputeZerius has a reputation beyond reputeZerius has a reputation beyond reputeZerius has a reputation beyond reputeZerius has a reputation beyond reputeZerius has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

08-23-2011, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCIN View Post
It amounts to $3.33 a day for the three day package.
$3.33 / day? Isn't $35/3= $11.67/day or am I missing something

Old
  (#7)
houmatroy
AzB Silver Member
houmatroy has a reputation beyond reputehoumatroy has a reputation beyond reputehoumatroy has a reputation beyond reputehoumatroy has a reputation beyond reputehoumatroy has a reputation beyond reputehoumatroy has a reputation beyond reputehoumatroy has a reputation beyond reputehoumatroy has a reputation beyond reputehoumatroy has a reputation beyond reputehoumatroy has a reputation beyond reputehoumatroy has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via Yahoo to houmatroy  
08-23-2011, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerius View Post
That rate only implies if you are a illegal allian & don't pay taxes...J/K

Old
  (#8)
Double-Dave
Developing cue-addict
Double-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5795

08-23-2011, 03:05 AM

Quote:
They raised the price with $3.33 per day to 11.67 if you take the 3-day package.

gr. Dave

Playing cue: Cuechanger cocobolo
Break + jump cue: Cuechanger
Case: Sterling wave 4x8
League: NPB Superleague + Europoolleague + Top Pool League TPL1
Hours play: 8-10 per week

www.doubledavecues.com
www.budgetstukadoor.nl

Old
  (#9)
JCIN
TheActionReport.com
JCIN has a reputation beyond reputeJCIN has a reputation beyond reputeJCIN has a reputation beyond reputeJCIN has a reputation beyond reputeJCIN has a reputation beyond reputeJCIN has a reputation beyond reputeJCIN has a reputation beyond reputeJCIN has a reputation beyond reputeJCIN has a reputation beyond reputeJCIN has a reputation beyond reputeJCIN has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900
  Send a message via AIM to JCIN  
08-23-2011, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Yes to all questions.

In the past our three day package was $25. It is now $35. A difference of $10. $10 divided by 3 is $3.33. So it costs $3.33 more per day for the three day package than it did before.

Old
  (#10)
houmatroy
AzB Silver Member
houmatroy has a reputation beyond reputehoumatroy has a reputation beyond reputehoumatroy has a reputation beyond reputehoumatroy has a reputation beyond reputehoumatroy has a reputation beyond reputehoumatroy has a reputation beyond reputehoumatroy has a reputation beyond reputehoumatroy has a reputation beyond reputehoumatroy has a reputation beyond reputehoumatroy has a reputation beyond reputehoumatroy has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via Yahoo to houmatroy  
08-23-2011, 03:27 AM

I'll be looking to make a lil wager on SVB when it gets here..only with people on the G.A.L

Old
  (#11)
Masirib5
Klaatu barada nikto
Masirib5 has a reputation beyond reputeMasirib5 has a reputation beyond reputeMasirib5 has a reputation beyond reputeMasirib5 has a reputation beyond reputeMasirib5 has a reputation beyond reputeMasirib5 has a reputation beyond reputeMasirib5 has a reputation beyond reputeMasirib5 has a reputation beyond reputeMasirib5 has a reputation beyond reputeMasirib5 has a reputation beyond reputeMasirib5 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 8350

08-23-2011, 03:34 AM

If Alex is rested this time it will make a big difference in his favor I think.

--Jeff

Klaatu barada nikto

Old
  (#12)
mdavis228
AzB Gold Member
mdavis228 has a reputation beyond reputemdavis228 has a reputation beyond reputemdavis228 has a reputation beyond reputemdavis228 has a reputation beyond reputemdavis228 has a reputation beyond reputemdavis228 has a reputation beyond reputemdavis228 has a reputation beyond reputemdavis228 has a reputation beyond reputemdavis228 has a reputation beyond reputemdavis228 has a reputation beyond reputemdavis228 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5300

08-23-2011, 04:13 AM

Awesome. Thanks for your efforts, JCIN.
Put me down for the DVD set...

Chris Davis

If you're gonna sell cues, buy a scale and calipers.

Main players: 1930's Andy Gilbert Titlist, Custom Olneys, LP Titlist, McDaniel - piloted joints for me.
Play shafts: Cash Cues ferrule-less and OB Classic
Break: X Breaker & Gilbert JB - both w/ OB Break shafts
Jump: Lomax

Old
  (#13)
Apocalypse2017
Welcome to the resistance
Apocalypse2017 has a reputation beyond reputeApocalypse2017 has a reputation beyond reputeApocalypse2017 has a reputation beyond reputeApocalypse2017 has a reputation beyond reputeApocalypse2017 has a reputation beyond reputeApocalypse2017 has a reputation beyond reputeApocalypse2017 has a reputation beyond reputeApocalypse2017 has a reputation beyond reputeApocalypse2017 has a reputation beyond reputeApocalypse2017 has a reputation beyond reputeApocalypse2017 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 36200

08-23-2011, 05:39 AM

No words can describe how i'm feeling...
Attached Images

Old
  (#14)
brandoncook26
AzB Silver Member
brandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

08-23-2011, 06:11 AM

^^^What he said^^^

I'm so excited about this. Been waiting for a rematch for a while now.

Old
  (#15)
Kickin' Chicken
Kick Shot Afficionado
Kickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

08-23-2011, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCIN View Post
Yes to all questions.

In the past our three day package was $25. It is now $35. A difference of $10. $10 divided by 3 is $3.33. So it costs $3.33 more per day for the three day package than it did before.
Not true!

One of the three days, the price will increase by $3.34, not $3.33.

Looking forward to this match. Nice going Justin.

Best,
Brian kc

"Don't let your alligator mouth overload your jaybird ass!" - my Father

"That was stronger than cat piss, right there." - Brandon Shuff

Playing cues: Tim Scruggs - Jeff Olney
Break cue: Predator BK2 w/White Diamond Tip
Jump cue: Jacoby/Lomax

Page 1 of 18 1 2311 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: