TAR 21: Pagulayan vs Van Boening. THE REMATCH !!!

jrt30004

just jokin' around
Silver Member
dude i don't give a shit about ten extra bucks. this is awesome!!!!!!!! can't wait. thank you so much for always trying to put the good stuff out there for us. you rock my man, you quite simply rock.

iownthe412

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How about the cloth, rails, balls & lighting (incadescent or flourescent) what's being used, and are the pockets cut the same as last time they played?
Table type?
Are the lights on the ceiling, or will the viewers have the over the table light feeling?
Sure hope there are mics picking up the balls entering the pockets, and is there going to be any background type poolroom music, I know the players during the Camel Tour wanted it.

Who's racking the balls?

Here ya go friend!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheActionReport?feature=mhee#p/u/17/p3OFZVIimfc:thumbup:

uwate

daydreaming about pool
Silver Member
Crap im suppose to be out of town at a pool tournament that weekend. Sucks for me. The first go around was the most tremendous display of heart by Alex ive ever witnessed.

gromulan

Reality police
Silver Member
popcorn.gif

ratnip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hell Yea!

And thanks for streaming on the weekend.

Jay P.

Last edited:

pooladdict

no doubt about it
Silver Member
I will buy this one. Question for Justin, is it Racking by a ref or RYO? Is it triangle or Magic Rack?

lukemindish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would imagine they will be playing on Diamond, and if i would have to guess i would say they will use the Magic Rack. But thats just my guess/ I cant wait to see this match-up, it should be extremely entertaining! If im a betting man, my money is on SVB.

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
How about the cloth, rails, balls & lighting (incadescent or flourescent) what's being used, and are the pockets cut the same as last time they played?
Table type?
Are the lights on the ceiling, or will the viewers have the over the table light feeling?
Sure hope there are mics picking up the balls entering the pockets, and is there going to be any background type poolroom music, I know the players during the Camel Tour wanted it.

Who's racking the balls?

Table is a Diamond 9 foot Pro am with Tournament Blue Simonis. Balls are Aramith Super Pro TV Balls. Our table now has 4 1/2 " pockets on it but we are putting another set of Diamond rails on it for this match. The new rails will give us pockets that are 4 1/8" so they will be a little tighter than last time.

There are nine Diamond fluorescent lighting fixtures suspended about 12" down from the 10 foot high ceiling. The lights are lightweight CSI lights that are used at the Nationals in Vegas. There will be a fixed high camera angle on a 8 foot jib and two cameras on tripods and dollys that will have operators moving them around to capture the best angles.

There will be two shotgun mics to pick up ambient sounds and there will be background music. Players will rack their own using a Magic Rack.

MahnaMahna

Beefcake. BEEFCAKE!!
Silver Member
What color is the carpet in the room?

What temperature will the thermostat be set at?

Will you be controlling the humidity?

Just kidding, thanks for the match!

Table is a Diamond 9 foot Pro am with Tournament Blue Simonis. Balls are Aramith Super Pro TV Balls. Our table now has 4 1/2 " pockets on it but we are putting another set of Diamond rails on it for this match. The new rails will give us pockets that are 4 1/8" so they will be a little tighter than last time.

There are nine Diamond fluorescent lighting fixtures suspended about 12" down from the 10 foot high ceiling. The lights are lightweight CSI lights that are used at the Nationals in Vegas. There will be a fixed high camera angle on a 8 foot jib and two cameras on tripods and dollys that will have operators moving them around to capture the best angles.

There will be two shotgun mics to pick up ambient sounds and there will be background music. Players will rack their own using a Magic Rack.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
As usual it will come down to the break. Alex has been breaking 10-ball a lot better than he was back when he raced SVB to 100 on TAR last time. If Alex can average close to one ball on the break the match could go either way IMO. There is no favorite here. Johnnyt

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member

Thx, appreciate the info.......wish you all the best.

Masirib5

Klaatu barada nikto
Silver Member
I think this will be so great!

It will be interesting since last time there were many people in the audience and the more sterile environment will make a difference but I'm not sure if it will favor either player or not. I kind of like hearing and seeing the crowd (maybe Justin can include some canned applause or laughter - oh and an applause meter - Ha!).

What a great studio the new TAR studio is. It is the nutz!

My wish is that TAR will have great internet bandwidth. This is the only thing that can screw things up.

--Jeff

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
This match will NOT be decided on the break! You heard it here first. Playing on a Diamond with four and an eighth inch pockets, there won't be that many balls going on the break, and a lot fewer run-outs as well. NO ONE will be stringing any racks. Good safety play will be key! This match is going to be a long grinding affair, which may favor Alex. Shane wore down in his last match with Earl.

On the flip side, Shane may be peaking right now as a player. He has finally made it all the way to the top of the food chain. No one fazes him anymore, be they filipino, Chinese or Brit! These pockets may prove too tight, I'm thinking 4.25" on Diamonds is really tough. This will be the tightest Diamond ever! I have visions of what happened to Oscar and John Morra on the minus 4" pockets at Hard Times. The table won that match.

I'd be thinking 4.25 here and not 4 and an 1/8. The super tight pockets will change the game and the strategy. They won't look for the run out all the time and will be ducking on tough shots. I don't really know who the super tight pockets favor. Both players shoot super straight. Regardless, we will see missed shots, lots of them! Especially from distance. Playing close position is the name of the game here. So you tell me who controls the cue ball best. That will be your winner. Not the straightest shooter.

Like all of you, I'm looking forward to this one. I return from the PI on Sept. 15 so I can pull up a chair and sweat it along with you. Don't ask me how I'm betting, cause I don't know. Last time I had 500 on Shane and it looked real good at 65-43, and we all know what happened next. I got so caught up in the amazing comeback I totally forgot about my bet.

I don't think either player will shoot a .900 accu-stats rating. I'd bet on that! And I'd bet no one will run over three racks at any time in the match. I'll take 2-1 and bet no one runs three full racks (no short racks). GAL only! :cool:

Last edited:

mnShooter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This should be great. I hope I don't have anything going on that weekend.

I apologize if this has been covered. A lot of streams claim their stream is in HD. They might record in 1080p but the actual stream received by the viewer is 360p. That isn't even top quality standard definition.

So would it be possible to broadcast in true HD (720p or 1080i/p)? I don't think anyone has ever actually broadcast in true HD before. But no one has ever streamed from a TV Studio before either. I'd bet there could be some difficulties in viewer bandwidth. I'm not sure what your available bandwidth is there but maybe you could broadcast simultaneously in 360/480p and 720/1080p. One for low bandwidth users and one for high bandwidth users.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Any of you who have blogs and other outlets feel free to promote it. I want TAR to stick around so let's all help them get the numbers up:

http://jbcases.com/caseblog/2011/08/23/the-rematch-the-lion-vs-the-south-dakota-kid/

Also. 4 1/8" pockets??? THAT will be brutal. I play on tables that tight sometimes and some three foot shots nearly straight into the pocket look they won't go. This will be a true test on both sides. Frankly I like Alex on tighter pockets because of his snooker experience.

Last edited: