a deposit of $100 is all it takes

i will even finance the cue so you can make payments

no interest

pm or call
dean

214 477 7323

12 will be sold to the az and i will be keeping 2

these will be the only ivory jointed schons made in some time
schon has no plans to make ivory jointed cues other than a few very small very limited runs for me

to put this in perspective,12 cues in 48 states means there will be about 1 cue for New York,Texas,alaska and

Utah.Chances are these will really be hard to get

Last edited:

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
256   0   0
Dean, thanks for doing this.

Folks, Dean and I spoke last week, discussing this cue and how special it is. A really perfect, classic design and by one the the greatest cuemakers ever, who unfortunately passed way too soon.

Anyhow, I asked if it would be possible to do a 'tribute' (limited series) cue for this Craig Petersen.....which I learned is actually very fitting given that Dean worked with Craig on the original design of this same cue long ago.

Imo, this will make for a truly special 'tribute'......and as nice as the previous ones from Schon turned out, expect they'll knock this one out of the park, too.

Sean

Attachments

• 876381.jpg
    876381.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 3,403
  • cp1.jpg
    cp1.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 3,406
  • cp2.jpg
    cp2.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 3,419
  • cp3.jpg
    cp3.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 3,367
  • cp4.jpg
    cp4.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 3,374

justabrake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 91.7%
11   1   0
a picture of one of the most beautiful cues ever made will soon be posted
call me to reserve one for yourself

please do not post on here until the pictures are posted

no more than 10 of these will ever be made
schon has never made ivory joints like this and will only be available here

the cues will look almost exactly like the one you will see

2 are spoken for
i want one for myself

that means the first 7 callers will get one

a $100 deposit will hold your cue until schon has delivered

dean
214 477 7323

Why do we have to call ? I'd like to get in on this :smile:

Jager Monster

Got Szamboti?
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I just got on the list for this baby...Can't wait. Dean just informed me these will be ivory over stainless steel joints with the 5/16 14 piloted pin. These will be the first joints like this done by Schon. The hit of these cues should be incredible.

benny-the-blade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I just got on the list for this baby...Can't wait. Dean just informed me these will be ivory over stainless steel joints with the 5/16 14 piloted pin. These will be the first joints like this done by Schon. The hit of these cues should be incredible.

What's the total cost of the cue going to be?

Jager Monster

Got Szamboti?
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Not locked down yet, u will need to call Dean for more info. If Deans estimate is right, it is a steal for this cue.

Txstang1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
What's the point/reason for doing ivory over steel ? I ask as a curiousity, I've played with Schons for years and currently still do.

Last edited:

half fast bankr

Purist / Traditionalist
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
cue

Dean, thanks for doing this.

Folks, Dean and I spoke last week, discussing this cue and how special it is. A really perfect, classic design and by one the the greatest cuemakers ever, who unfortunately passed way too soon.

Anyhow, I asked if it would be possible to do a 'tribute' (limited series) cue for this Craig Petersen.....which I learned is actually very fitting given that Dean worked with Craig on the original design of this same cue long ago.

Imo, this will make for a truly special 'tribute'......and as nice as the previous ones from Schon turned out, expect they'll knock this one out of the park, too.

Sean

Wait, what? Dean worked with Craig P. on this design???? I've never met Dean, but his rep precedes him. So, I do not doubt this claim, but is it verifiable??

Also, can this cue be made with a solid ivory joint, as I can't stand sleeved, and I'm sure CP wouldn't have done it this way either.

Lastly, pending joint & final price, I'd like to ad my name to the list.

cue4me

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Schon Tribute

Dean,

As a follow-up to your phone call, I'll take one. PM also sent to you with all the information.

Al

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
The Cues Will Be Whatever Evan Decides.....

I read a post asking about solid ivory joints.....only deanoc can answer you for sure but in all probablity, the joint will be piloted ivory to accomodate Schon's piloted joint design.....and as far as sharp ponts, don't plan on it because Schon uses CNC cuts since the early 90's (sans Bob Runde).........doesn't mean it won''t happen but plan on CNC points and you won't be disappointed if the cue came with mitred veneers.

As far as deanoc rep goes, he's a icon and if you have any doubts, then buy a cue somewhere else........these Schon project cues are entirely deanoc's idea and he's done a great job so far with all of the other Schon Tribute cues......these ivory joint Schon will be the same.....a classy cue.

In fact, I'm so sure that these cues will be so enticing that my name is now on deano's list for one of these cues.........look for more details to follow from deanoc as this project moves forward........last word I had from deanoc was that ther joint will be Schon's piloted 5/16x14 joint set in ivory with a steel collar surrounding the ivory........deanoc refrred to this cue joint (piloted ivory joint with steel collar) as a design that Dennis Searing has used.

In any event, these cues are almost sold out according to my count of the posts claiming to be on the list........there's only 1-2 cues left......but remember, saying you're on the list is easy....all you have to do is type the words like I'm doing right now.......but it really doesn't count until deanoc receives your downpayment........so get him the money if you hope to get in on this cue.....if someone else beats you to the punch and sends in their downpayment ahead of yours. you could miss out entirely getting one of these cues since the number of cues won't be increased to accomodate another 1-2 additional cues......it's a limited run and if you really want one of these cues, get your downpayment to deanoc right away.

Matt B.

Last edited:

rigmaster

my puppy is on the left!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Matts post

Many cues have solid Ivory joints that are piloted !The stainless sleeve is on the inside of the Ivory joint not surrounding the Ivory Joint. I doubt Schon will do a Ivory over Stainless like Dennis His is like a stainless joint threaded onto the forearm with threads cut into the outside of the stainless joint The Ivory Sleeve is threaded glued and screwed onto the Stainless it will hit like a Stainless Joint but will look like ivory and .6 oz lighter than a stainless joint! I have pictures, do you have pictures of a searing ivory joint surrounded by Stainless made by Dennis Searing or anyone for that matter?

Last edited:

half fast bankr

Purist / Traditionalist
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I read a post asking about solid ivory joints.....only deanoc can answer you for sure but in all probablity, the joint will be piloted ivory to accomodate Schon's piloted joint design.....and as far as sharp ponts, don't plan on it because Schon uses CNC cuts since the early 90's (sans Bob Runde).........doesn't mean it won''t happen but plan on CNC points and you won't be disappointed if the cue came with mitred veneers.

As far as deanoc rep goes, he's a icon and if you have any doubts, then buy a cue somewhere else........these Schon project cues are entirely deanoc's idea and he's done a great job so far with all of the other Schon Tribute cues......these ivory joint Schon will be the same.....a classy cue.

In fact, I'm so sure that these cues will be so enticing that my name is now on deano's list for one of these cues.........look for more details to follow from deanoc as this project moves forward........last word I had from deanoc was that ther joint will be Schon's piloted 5/16x14 joint set in ivory with a steel collar surrounding the ivory........deanoc refrred to this cue joint (piloted ivory joint with steel collar) as a design that Dennis Searing has used.

In any event, these cues are almost sold out according to my count of the posts claiming to be on the list........there's only 1-2 cues left......but remember, saying you're on the list is easy....all you have to do is type the words like I'm doing right now.......but it really doesn't count until deanoc receives your downpayment........so get him the money if you hope to get in on this cue.....if someone else beats you to the punch and sends in their downpayment ahead of yours. you could miss out entirely getting one of these cues since the number of cues won't be increased to accomodate another 1-2 additional cues......it's a limited run and if you really want one of these cues, get your downpayment to deanoc right away.

Matt B.

Your response is/was not required, not needed, not wanted, an unnecessary. You are not the forum mother, as much as you've tried to be since joining, and I don't need your mouth telling me to buy a cue elsewhere.

My questions were directed for those IN THE KNOW, which you are clearly not. Further, I respectfully mentioned Dean's rep precedes him. (That means I know he is highly regarded, tard.)

So, do kindly butt out, and thank you for uninvolving yourself in affairs that do not concern you.

Regards,

Reactions: OTB

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
421   0   0
The cues areall ordered up now
matt was correct about what he said on the ordering

i wrote half fast a note explaining the fact that craig made many cues for me using designs i liked,a little of this,a little of that

i make no claim for originality.notched diamond

i believe the cue in half fast avatar was one of mine too,i did several in mother of pearl,some with 3 piece diamond,some with 3 lines

either way,your cue is a very pretty cue,whether i was the original owner or not

craig often sold cues that he made for me,to other people too

YBA

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I know I may be late but I'm in if there's a spot.

First post on AZ... Been a daily lurker for 5 years now! This post made me register!

Thanks

YBA

YBA

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Dean, thanks for doing this. Your check is in the mail.

Warmest regards

Luc

Jager Monster

Got Szamboti?
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Dean,

By you saying that Matt was correct, are you saying the ivory is the inside of the joint with the stainless showing on the outside? I hope not. I understood that it would be like what Dennis does, stainless center with ivory exterior. Just trying to be clear.

Thanks,
Mike

rigmaster

my puppy is on the left!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I think the only part Matt got right is they are sold..He had his facts wrong about the joint and the part about Dennis Searing does his like this schon! but probably right about the CNC rounded points!